WR Coach Talks About Cager Big Time!!!

KRL

49 minutes ago, JiF said:

That game was infuriating.  Fromm was literally just throwing the ball up from grabs and Cager came down with everything.  Just Chadwick Pennington-esque balloon on 3rd and long, 4th and long, closed his eyes, threw in the direction of Cager and bam!  First down. I dont even think CJ played bad that game.  Cager was just in the zone. 

The kid has incredible upside but there's a reason he went undrafted.

That game had to be so incredibly frustrating for you.  Lol..  Hopefully things can get going for college ball this year, I have a bad feeling it’s not going to happen and if it does it’s going to look so very different and the scheduling is going to be odd at best.  I feel bad for you though because your Gators look to have their best shot at winning the SEC in a long time.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

Every single year we hear about these type of stories. I’m not being pessimistic at all but I’m going to wait to see production on the field before I think we have anything with any of our guys. 

I'm almost always the optimist here but face the facts, as great as everyone thinks Cager will be let's not forget he went undrafted. Like Ghost said let's see what he's got on the field. I wish we had at least one pre season game. Gonna make it tough on UDFA like Cager.

10 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I'm almost always the optimist here but face the facts, as great as everyone thinks Cager will be let's not forget he went undrafted. Like Ghost said let's see what he's got on the field. I wish we had at least one pre season game. Gonna make it tough on UDFA like Cager.

The guy is just gonna' have to kick ass in padded practices.  It's not the same thing, but it's all they'll have to go off of.  If they like a guy enough, they'll keep him.  Just look at Jeff Smith last season.  UDFA who was injured for most of camp and did nothing at all in the preseason, then wound up on the active roster before getting hurt when he finally got on the field.  His injuries aside, if a staff sees enough that they like from a guy, they'll give him a shot.  That being said, these kids are going to have their work cut out for them.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Honestly, I see the WR chart shaking out as: 

Perriman

Mims

Crowder

Berrios

V. Smith

Cager

Doctson doesn't do enough to make it, Campbell goes to the PS. 

I'd go to war with this as my starting point, barring someone becoming available that we dont know about today.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That game had to be so incredibly frustrating for you.  Lol..  Hopefully things can get going for college ball this year, I have a bad feeling it’s not going to happen and if it does it’s going to look so very different and the scheduling is going to be odd at best.  I feel bad for you though because your Gators look to have their best shot at winning the SEC in a long time.  

The worst part was being surrounded by Bulldog fans.

Yeah, I cant see college Football happening this year.  Shame because like you said, we're set up for a very successful year. 

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

Every single year we hear about these type of stories. I’m not being pessimistic at all but I’m going to wait to see production on the field before I think we have anything with any of our guys. 

3 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

True, but this was such an insanely deep WR class that, in basically any other year, Cager would have been a 4th or 5th round pick.  Possibly higher.  This isn't a David Clowney situation.  

The fact that we only drafted one WR, despite a desperate need, tells me Cager was kind of treated like our second "drafted" WR.  That gives him a leg up in his chances of making the team.  At bare minimum he'll be a PS guy, I'd say, and for now that would be good enough.

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Should have drafted Kenny Willekas or Donovan Peoples Jones with that pick imo but I digress. 

Let's hope the 4th DB we got from the Colts in the past calendar year is worth passing on those dudes. 

I rather have Cager and Quincy then having DPJ.  DPJ has terrible hands.  Was labeled a bad guy.

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2020 at 12:44 AM, Mavericknyc1980 said:

I rather have Cager and Quincy then having DPJ.  DPJ has terrible hands.  Was labeled a bad guy.

We could still have had Cager and an UDFA if we So chose though. It's really just about the players we could have had in the 6th. 

The problem with Cager is he was unhealthy for almost his entire collegiate career. It's tough to put any faith in that guy. Great size but he's a very long shot. People are putting far too much faith in Cager imo. 

DPJ was the exact type of athlete I wanted in the WR corp. He was underutilized at Michigan due to Harbaugh's run heavy offense. My Michigan fan friends thought DPJ was capable of so much more.  I'll be watching him on the Browns. 

All that said, you can't say you wouldn't rather haver had WIllekas in the 6th than Wilson. Can you?  lol  

Let's hope that former 2nd rd pick lights it up for us eh? 

• Post of the Week 1

It’s funny I really think Van Jefferson was the target when the Jets traded down in the second round but then the Rams swooped in. There’s not likely to be a more pro-ready rookie at the position this season than the kid with the pro WR coach dad especially since all the rookie camps were cancelled

5 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

We could still have had Cager and an UDFA if we So chose though. It's really just about the players we could have had in the 6th. 

The problem with Cager is he was unhealthy for almost his entire collegiate career. It's tough to put any faith in that guy. Great size but he's a very long shot. People are putting far too much faith in Cager imo. 

DPJ was the exact type of athlete I wanted in the WR corp. He was underutilized at Michigan due to Harbaugh's run heavy offense. My Michigan fan friends thought DPJ was capable of so much more.  I'll be watching him on the Browns. 

All that said, you can't say you wouldn't rather haver had WIllekas in the 6th than Wilson. Can you?  lol  

Let's hope that former 2nd rd pick lights it up for us eh? 

Yeah I can, that reason is Rex Hogan.  He had to have vouched for him.  If he ever meets the potential then we solved a position of need.  Now on Cager the hands and the health are alarming but,  the kid make Fromm like a legit qb