The best Johnson for the job!?

The best Johnson for the job!?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Okay so who's the better head man?

So who do you like as the head man? The Johnson family has owned the team now for two decades. I can't say I've ever been the CEO of a billion-dollar corporation. I'm sure it's been tougher behind the scenes than most of us could understand or appreciate.

I will throw my hat in the ring and say I get a way better vibe from Christopher than I do Woody. I just feel he has a better bead on the pulse of the players and the fans.

I'm sure there's going to be plenty of jokes, but hey guys let's just try to talk football?

I honestly feel like this organization is heading in a better direction. I feel that Chris Johnson listened, heard, and realized that he needed real football people, and real continuity to be successful.

This entire organization has been flipped in the past year or two from top to bottom. From the president, front office, general manager, scouting dept, coaching staff you name it.

So what say you?

Let it rip...

Too soon to tell, but really hoping Chris has finally figured it out.   Of course if that is the case Woody is sure to come back from London and blow it all up, because 

1) He's an idiot

2) Historically we are not allowed to have nice things

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, slats said:

Talking football, it appears right now like the ownership is letting Gase and Douglas run the team. Even if you don't like one or both of them, letting the people they hired to make decisions make the decisions is the right move. I loved the lack of splashy signings this year. 

bingo!  that's exactly what I'm talkin about

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, slats said:

Talking football, it appears right now like the ownership is letting Gase and Douglas run the team. Even if you don't like one or both of them, letting the people they hired to make decisions make the decisions is the right move. I loved the lack of splashy signings this year. 

Woody ran the team for 16 years. During that time any owner is going to have a handful of players they personally want to bring in. 

Just now, GreekJet said:

Woody ran the team for 16 years. During that time any owner is going to have a handful of players they personally want to bring in. 

It was all over the place. Tebow, Favre, The West Side Stadium, Herminator, Idzik..

Rex Ryan left hanging like a f****** Christmas ornament!?

I think Woody's heart was in the right place cuz he definitely spent money. I don't think he had an understanding of what it actually takes. We saw the fail coming at every turn.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Woody looks like he’s sucked a few before so I give the honor to him. 

I've said it before that they both look like aliens! They're almost as bad as Cellino & Barnes! Kind of reminds me of the Cockroach guy from Men In Black when the human skin doesn't fit right.

I need sugar!!!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Chris certainly comes off as a guy who enjoys the role more and is more competitive. Woody is about as lethargic of an owner as you can have. 

That said the way Chris handled last off-season was far worse than anything Woody did here. 

I take it you're referring to keeping Maccagnan on to do the draft? That's why I made the comment about it being tougher behind the scenes then we probably realize. You can't get a new GM,  Head coach, full coaching staff and Scouting Department in place to handle a draft in two and a half months dude. It's just not happening. I think CJ did his homework after he spoke to Peyton he got Gase in here. Then the plan all along was to get Douglas.

like any other breakup it had to be ugly somehow.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t know how anyone who watched Hard Knocks or read Collision Low Crossers came away from either thinking that Woody Johnson is either competent or a value-add to any organization 

I remember the reviews for low crossers were pretty good when it came out. Didn't somebody from The Daily News have something to do with that book? Would you recommend it?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Woody kept Rex around for far too long and then hired Mike Maccagnan.

Game.  Set.  Match.

Chris kept mac around for years when it was obvious the guy was a dud.

He inexplicably failed to fire mac when he changed coaches.

He hired Adam Gase (after blowing it with other coaches) on the phone call of peyton manning

He coddled jamal after adams refused to talk to the coach or gm.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Chris kept mac around for years when it was obvious the guy was a dud.

He inexplicably failed to fire mac when he changed coaches.

He hired Adam Gase (after blowing it with other coaches) on the phone call of peyton manning

He coddled jamal after adams refused to talk to the coach or gm.

Thanks for playing, but most of this is conjecture.

Factually Christopher Johnson took over the Jets in 2017. In 2019 he said he had taken a deeper look into the inner workings of the organization. Within 5 months Adam Gase was hired and Mike Maccagnan was fired.

I'll try to avoid writing a book here, but if you do your homework you'll see that Joe Douglas was highly-touted and up-and-coming, and about to be one of the most sought-after in the NFL. He literally was about to have his pick of teams to go to. Christopher Johnson was able to lock him up for 6 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

It amazes me the hate Woody gets, I get part of it is because of his political affiliation but this is another reason why our fanbase doesn't deserve to win.

1960-1999(40 seasons) pre Woody:

8 playoff apps

6 playoff wins

2000-2016(17 seasons)

6 playoff apps

6 playoff wins

Never had back to back losing seasons

2017-2019 under Chris Johnson

3 losing seasons

We have the dumbest fanbase in sports

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It amazes me the hate Woody gets, I get part of it is because of his political affiliation but this is another reason why our fanbase doesn't deserve to win.

1960-1999(40 seasons) pre Woody:

8 playoff apps

6 playoff wins

2000-2016(17 seasons)

6 playoff apps

6 playoff wins

Never had back to back losing seasons

2017-2019 under Chris Johnson

3 losing seasons

We have the dumbest fanbase in sports

Ah yes, the whole “nyjunk deserves to be a loser because he doesn’t agree with other fans; calls them dumb” narrative.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Ah yes, the whole “nyjunk deserves to be a loser because he doesn’t agree with other fans; calls them dumb” narrative.

I don't but we are all fans together and fans like you embarrass the fanbase and deserve to see a losing team.