The best Johnson for the job!?

The best Johnson for the job!?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Okay so who's the better head man?

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You think for a second, after all the shlt Belichick took for running out on his mentor, with Parcells sitting right in front of him, I believe a word he says about why he left.

Had reservations about the job, not about working for Woody. 

So then why did Bill Parcells and Al Groh also head for the hills once Woody bought the team?

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

So then why did Bill Parcells and Al Groh also head for the hills once Woody bought the team?

Reports were that Parcells wanted to stay, first as a consultant and then as HC if the Jets would pay him then the ungodly rate of $8 mil per.  Woody passed given all Parcells wanted was to retire, man in the mirror and all.  Funny the man in Parcells mirror lied to him and was cool with taking jobs he didnt want if the money was right.  

Groh went to Virginia to be the HC and more importantly to coach his son who was going there as Vs QB.  

So if youre right, why did Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles and Groh sign with the Jets?  Or do those who sign not count, just those 2 with their weird circumstances

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So if youre right, why did Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles and Groh sign with the Jets?  Or do those who sign not count, just those 2 with their weird circumstances

Well... arguably no one would have hired any of these guys as a HC. each of them were rookie HCs and over time proved to be lacking something to fully develop a team.    So....  the argument remains, what experienced coach would work for Woody?   Other than Gase I mean, you know, the mighty Gase.  

Chris is adjusting much faster then Woody did as an effective sports owner.  Seems to have a better feel for the state of the Jets.    And makes better decisions because of that.   Doesn't appear to have to use consulting firms as often as Woody did.  In order to size up situations and make decisions.  He realized Macc was in his own little bubble...and not in sync with his HC-CS.  Chris surprise timing and firing of Macc...and eventual hiring of JD...may turn out to be the signature moment...that finally put the Jets on the right track to perennial playoff success.  

I've never felt more genuinely optimistic...as I am today....of the Jets future.  Due to its leadership in the hands of JD as GM NYJ.  All his moves seem to make sense.  He seems to have a legit vision the Jets have lacked...at the GM position.

Chris played a big part in making this happen.   He's the one that got this right.   

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Reports were that Parcells wanted to stay, first as a consultant and then as HC if the Jets would pay him then the ungodly rate of $8 mil per.  Woody passed given all Parcells wanted was to retire, man in the mirror and all.  Funny the man in Parcells mirror lied to him and was cool with taking jobs he didnt want if the money was right.  

Groh went to Virginia to be the HC and more importantly to coach his son who was going there as Vs QB.  

Once Parcells, Belichick and Groh all got a whiff of Woody’s stupidity they didn’t walk away they ran.

Woody only got to hire Rex because the Ravens picked John Harbaugh over him.  Woody passed on Jim Harbaugh that same year btw.  Herm was never a hot candidate in 2001 and Mangini was a defensive coordinator for 1 season who got a Head Coaching offer 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Once Parcells, Belichick and Groh all got a whiff of Woody’s stupidity they didn’t walk away they ran.

Woody only got to hire Rex because the Ravens picked John Harbaugh over him.  Woody passed on Jim Harbaugh that same year btw.  Herm was never a hot candidate in 2001 and Mangini was a defensive coordinator for 1 season who got a Head Coaching offer 

Thats total nonsense

Woody didnt do a damn thing to give anyone that impression or how this works with the reports Parcells wanted to stay on or that Groh would take some pair of balls to complain about anyone given the way his coaching left us out of the playoffs and hardly could make a case for whatever point youre trying to make other that you hate Woody 

Woody never passed on a Harbaugh, Rex could have said no.  Love the idea on one.  He lost the Baltimore job, they liked him, just like Harbaugh better and Rex should have, if he thought Woody was a problem, moved on. So could have Herm and Mangini.  Should have if your nonsense story was true.  Like your other imaginary points.   

After one year of ownership, Herm should have turned the job down?  Because why exactly?  

You actually wrote this?  

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Well... arguably no one would have hired any of these guys as a HC. each of them were rookie HCs and over time proved to be lacking something to fully develop a team.    So....  the argument remains, what experienced coach would work for Woody?   Other than Gase I mean, you know, the mighty Gase.  

Arguably there is nothing that says thats true.  KC hired Herm.  Cleveland hired Mangini.  Herm made the playoff what, 3 out of 5 seasons?  Mangini, one out of 3, one more if Favre doesnt rip up his shoulder?  

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Arguably there is nothing that says thats true.  KC hired Herm.  Cleveland hired Mangini.  Herm made the playoff what, 3 out of 5 seasons?  Mangini, one out of 3, one more if Favre doesnt rip up his shoulder?  

They would NEVER hav been hired as rookies except by the JETS and we have NEVER had nanexperienced coach come here other than Parcells, oh yeah and that Kotite guy but they weren’t under Woody.  Herm couldn’t manage a clock and was a disappointment in KC, Mangini speaks for himself.  I stand on the NO experienced coach comes here due to Woody.   He won’t sign over control. 

Just now, southparkcpa said:

They would NEVER hav been hired as rookies except by the JETS and we have NEVER had nanexperienced coach come here other than Parcells, oh yeah and that Kotite guy but they weren’t under Woody.  Herm couldn’t manage a clock and was a disappointment in KC, Mangini speaks for himself.  I stand on the NO experienced coach comes here due to Woody.   He won’t sign over control. 

And?
Both Harbaughs, Reid in Philly, Gase in Miami, Belichick in Cleveland, Shanahan and Gruden in Oakland, can go on and on with rookie HCs.  

And for all the crying about the clock under Herm he somehow made the playoff more than he didnt.  Lots of HCs are bad with the clock.  

The idea that a HC, with limited opportunities turns down a NY job because they think they know something about the owner is pure fantasy. Almost as big a fantasy as he won't give control. Because in England hes been controlling things and has a history of controlling things.  I'm sure you'll come back with Favre, maybe and Tebow, without proof.  The rest?  In 20+ years?  

Its amazing the things people who hate him come up with

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And?
Both Harbaughs, Reid in Philly, Gase in Miami, Belichick in Cleveland, Shanahan and Gruden in Oakland, can go on and on with rookie HCs.  

And for all the crying about the clock under Herm he somehow made the playoff more than he didnt.  Lots of HCs are bad with the clock.  

The idea that a HC, with limited opportunities turns down a NY job because they think they know something about the owner is pure fantasy. Almost as big a fantasy as he won't give control. Because in England hes been controlling things and has a history of controlling things.  I'm sure you'll come back with Favre, maybe and Tebow, without proof.  The rest?  In 20+ years?  

Its amazing the things people who hate him come up with

The proof is that NO experienced coach has been hired by Woody.  What more do we need?  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

The proof is that NO experienced coach has been hired by Woody.  What more do we need?  

So, Parcells wanted the job but didnt get offered the job

McCarthy wanted the job didnt get offered the job.

Gase took the job

And all those who we offered the job to who turned it down because of Woody?  Come on with this 

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So, Parcells wanted the job but didnt get offered the job

McCarthy wanted the job didnt get offered the job.

Gase took the job

And all those who we offered the job to who turned it down because of Woody?  Come on with this 

When a real HC comes here.... you have a case.  Until then, you don’t. I believe Woody is a below average businessman, thinker and NFL owner and his record supports that.  His MSIN job is hire competent management.  he hasn’t.  Please spare me the Koran Ferry , Casserly debate.  He hasn’t .  THAT simple. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

When a real HC comes here.... you have a case.  Until then, you don’t. I believe Woody is a below average businessman, thinker and NFL owner and his record supports that.  His MSIN job is hire competent management.  he hasn’t.  Please spare me the Koran Ferry , Casserly debate.  He hasn’t .  THAT simple. 

Actually you have no case.  Its not your team, theres no rule that he has to hire an experience HC just to prove the point.  Most hires are rookies.  Look around.  

I know what you believe about Woody as a businessman and thinker.  I also know that none of it is based in fact and most of it is based on the fact he inherited his money.  We've been down this road before and we know that we dont agree.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually you have no case.  Its not your team, theres no rule that he has to hire an experience HC just to prove the point.  Most hires are rookies.  Look around.  

I know what you believe about Woody as a businessman and thinker.  I also know that none of it is based in fact and most of it is based on the fact he inherited his money.  We've been down this road before and we know that we dont agree.

Agreed. All we have is his record...... oh wait,   That sucks too. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats total nonsense

Woody didnt do a damn thing to give anyone that impression or how this works with the reports Parcells wanted to stay on or that Groh would take some pair of balls to complain about anyone given the way his coaching left us out of the playoffs and hardly could make a case for whatever point youre trying to make other that you hate Woody 

Woody never passed on a Harbaugh, Rex could have said no.  Love the idea on one.  He lost the Baltimore job, they liked him, just like Harbaugh better and Rex should have, if he thought Woody was a problem, moved on. So could have Herm and Mangini.  Should have if your nonsense story was true.  Like your other imaginary points.   

After one year of ownership, Herm should have turned the job down?  Because why exactly?  

You actually wrote this?  

Woody Johnson is an ignorant clown who meddles.  That’s why all 3 Parcells holdovers including a Parcells sprinted out of the organization once he took over

no one good wants to work for Woody.  His best hire in 20 years is a defensive coordinator with a big mouth who got passed over for the Ravens job.  Luckily, a broken clock is right two times a day and it looks like JD just needed an opportunity he couldn’t get in Philly

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

KC’s management the time they hired Herm was clueless and had to be replaced just a couple years later.  Ditto for the browns who hired Mangini and quickly found out the guy was a fraud

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

KC’s management the time they hired Herm was clueless and had to be replaced just a couple years later.  Ditto for the browns who hired Mangini and quickly found out the guy was a fraud

Peterson was well respected.  You’re also making my other point, that a winning run changes the entire view of ownership.  KCs ownership was clueless, now they’re the Hunts

You have no point, they were hired elsewhere, that’s what I said

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Woody Johnson is an ignorant clown who meddles.  That’s why all 3 Parcells holdovers including a Parcells sprinted out of the organization once he took over

no one good wants to work for Woody.  His best hire in 20 years is a defensive coordinator with a big mouth who got passed over for the Ravens job.  Luckily, a broken clock is right two times a day and it looks like JD just needed an opportunity he couldn’t get in Philly

This is a fictional account of the Jets, nothing is how it happened.  I get it, you’re so tainted by hate, calling someone ignorant, that it’s not worth it

There is a very good chance that Woody will be available. He was investigated by the State IG (fired-and the report is now classified) and he’s being reported about by the press so he’s in the news which an Ambassador is supposed to stay away from. So one way or the other you’d think he will be out either by election or replaced. 

On 8/4/2020 at 1:12 PM, slats said:

So I guess he wasn't healthy for that Raiders' playoff game, and never recovered after that? 

So he's not allowed to have a bad game?  And before his shoulder injury in 2004 he had a 100+ rating and was playing great.

I wonder if some people even watch the Jets play?

On 8/4/2020 at 2:01 PM, southparkcpa said:

We are a profesional football team... we need a QB every year not every other.  Woody liked Chad because he looked the part.  LOVED a healthy Chad but that person wasn’t available.  we never won more than 10 games with him.    He had 3 good seasons.  NONE consecutively.   Good teams don’t tolerate that.   

When you think you have a franchise QB you give them as many chances as possible.  Unfortunately Chad's body couldn't withstand NFL football.

Remember Phil Simms? His first full season was year SIX.

On 8/6/2020 at 7:26 AM, Philc1 said:

Chad was a one year wonder in 2002.  His body immediately began falling apart after that season 

Woody gushed like a schoolgirl anytime a qb we drafted had any success in the playoffs and couldn’t wait to overpay.

He had a fluke injury in preseason 03 then was really good most of 03 when he came back.  The injury that changed him was the rotator cuff in 04 and 05 but he was great in 04 before the injury.