Woody’s in trouble.

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

What constitutes supporting evidence? It's easy to dismiss that too. 

Anonymous sources quoting hearsay is going to be tough to qualify as hard evidence. A major push from the 31 other organizations to push out an ownership family over the brother who's not involved anymore Im sure is a slippery slope. In any event, the Jets have cover anyways (unfortunately) as Chris is listed as the Chairman of the team. Plenty of other ownership families have had some serious criminal issues that have not forced them to sell e.g. Irsay.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

cjanthem.jpg

The story is buried.  It's a non-story.  Woody Johnson's involvement in the Jets is only financial and our CEO is very much his own man and a complete supporter of the multi-cultural organization he employs.

While this may make some news, it won't affect the Jets at all.

SAR I

Truth. Woody is fortunate that Chris embraced the kneeling and the right to protest right from the start. It definitely helps inoculate the organization against Woody’s personal troubles  

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is a massive oppo dump on several fronts for Woody. IMO, it’s impossible for Goodell—in the middle of his performative woke shtick— not to respond. At worst, he makes Woody sell; at least, Chris Johnson is now the sole owner of the team and will remain so

There's no way as of now. There's going to need to be some serious proof. The other 31 owners will rally behind him cause you know they're probably worse than him and you're setting a pretty fast and loose precedent. This isnt exactly Donald Sterling. Woody is an idiot but as far as hiring practices he's been one of the less racist owners in the league.

1 minute ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

There's no way as of now. There's going to need to be some serious proof. The other 31 owners will rally behind him cause you know they're probably worse than him and you're setting a pretty fast and loose precedent. This isnt exactly Donald Sterling. Woody is an idiot but as far as hiring practices he's been one of the less racist owners in the league.

I don’t think now is the time for owners to get behind any owner accused of racism, especially one as low-rung as Woody, and especially in the NY market. Maybe Kraft can save him, but Kraft has his own problems.

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Shocking

New York Jets owner Woody Johnson, who is President Trump’s ambassador to the United Kingdom, has been accused of making “racist and sexist comments to staff " and using "his government position to benefit the president’s personal business in the U.K.,” according to a story by CNN.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The unfortunate thing for Woody is that the stuff he said isn’t *that* racist for a guy like him. It’s just the way old rich white guys tend to think about race. Reminds me of that Bill Burr bit about Donald Sterling. 

I assume you know who Candace  Owens is?? She says the same thing.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The problem with this type of analysis is that it allows you to dismiss literally any source—no matter who or how many—depending upon how comfortable you are with the thing they’re reporting. At that point, it becomes not “the source(s) vs Woody,” but “the thing reported vs. your prior beliefs.” 

Completely understand but you and most here have rushed to judgement on Woody already based on the information from the author of the article in which they in turn cite another person "source".  Do you not believe that to be a problem?  Do people not deserve due process in America anymore?  

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think now is the time for owners to get behind any owner accused of racism, especially one as low-rung as Woody, and especially in the NY market. Maybe Kraft can save him, but Kraft has his own problems.

If they take down Woody over this, without some substantial proof they're setting themselves up to take the fall next. You can't go back and you know they all got skeletons. They won't save him cause they care about Woody, they're watching their own ass. If they go down this road it'll be another owner next week. I think Woody will just be banished for Chris permanently 

30 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Unless they have some credible sources, I will not jump to conclusions.  I will not slander a man's character based on hearsay.  His character is already trashed based on being the Jets owner.  

Agreed.... have we not learned from Duke lacrosse?   Judge Kavanaugh?  watching the press attack with nothing but un corroborated here say is becoming old.  I’ll jump on the wagon when more evidence is shown.  

Unless they have some credible sources, I will not jump to conclusions.  I will not slander a man's character based on hearsay.  His character is already trashed based on being the Jets owner.  

Agreed.... have we not learned from Duke lacrosse?   Judge Kavanaugh?  watching the press attack with nothing but un corroborated here say is becoming old.  I’ll jump on the wagon when more evidence is shown and I loathe Woody.    

Agreed.... have we not learned from Duke lacrosse?   Judge Kavanaugh?  watching the press attack with nothing but un corroborated here say is becoming old.  I’ll jump on the wagon when more evidence is shown and I loathe Woody.    

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

Completely understand but you and most here have rushed to judgement on Woody already based on the information from the author of the article in which they in turn cite another person "source".  Do you not believe that to be a problem?  Do people not deserve due process in America anymore?  

This isn’t a court of law and Woody isn’t being accused of a crime (as yet). This story has been broadcast across literally every news service in America. If the sourcing was Alex Jones-level bad, it wouldn’t have legs. We are all seasoned consumers of media. We know the risks involved in believing any story that comes out using anonymous sourcing. If there are going to be any penalties levied against Woody, the NFL isn’t going to use this news story as their sole piece of evidence. That said, it’s noisy as **** and someone clearly wanted this (along with the emoluments stuff) to get out there. It doesn’t appear to be made up out of whole cloth.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I liked it the first 2 times you posted it..LOL Didn't this happen in 2018 and it comes out now??

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

**** Woody Johnson and **** that piece of garbage stadium he built. He can shove it up his ass. 

Give me a competent owner. Enough is enough! And get me a stadium in NYC. 

MetLife Stadium is just fine.

Christopher Johnson has proven to be an exceptional owner.

New York City doesn't want the Jets.  They kicked us out in '82 and they mocked us in '04.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

If they take down Woody over this, without some substantial proof they're setting themselves up to take the fall next. You can't go back and you know they all got skeletons. They won't save him cause they care about Woody, they're watching their own ass. If they go down this road it'll be another owner next week. I think Woody will just be banished for Chris permanently 

They bounced Jerry Richardson for less.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Candace Owens is a loon whose career is based on repeating white supremacist shtick for the amusement of old racist whites. She’s running a con and getting rich off of it. You know this.

How about your mentor old but late Senator Byrd from west Virginia??