Woody’s in trouble.

1 minute ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I can’t stand Woody Johnson.  His brother seems a bit more down to earth but I still think he was foolish to keep MacCagnan to run the draft and then fire him after.  

I try not to get political but if the comments made by Woody are true I will really be embarrassed to be a Jets fan.  I know the “you aren’t embarrassed already” line is coming but that is different.  It’s one thing to lose games and have incompetence.  It’s another to have an owner who is a racist jerk.  

This will make it even more challenging for the Jets to acquire talent as well.  

Yeah.  That's my fear.  His brother may be in charge but there's still that tainted association.  If he had a nephew taking over the team (ala Jed York) ... it might be different.  Free Agency courtships are hard enough.  I wouldn't want to have to deal with that if I was JD.  I've heard of GM's trying to sell their team over and over again and one little thing wrong in the pitch... it's all over.  And it's hard enough to get players sold on the Jets unless we offer them a boatload of money or a chance to start.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

Yeah.  That's my fear.  His brother may be in charge but there's still that tainted association.  If he had a nephew taking over the team (ala Jed York) ... it might be different.  Free Agency courtships are hard enough.  I wouldn't want to have to deal with that if I was JD.  I've heard of GM's trying to sell their team over and over again and one little thing wrong in the pitch... it's all over.  And it's hard enough to get players sold on the Jets unless we offer them a boatload of money or a chance to start.

The only way out of this nightmare is for Woody to sell the team

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Mangini got fired because he sucked.  And it was the GM Mike Tanenbaum who built the roster

What was our record that year before Captain Dick Pic tore his bicep and we couldn't sit him? Mangini built that team, if it wasn't obvious during that regime Tanny was a glorified bean counter it was when we kept him and let Rex make personnel decisions....... which was a nightmare. Mangini did kind of suck, but he handed off the best line, plus the best defensive player in football to Rex

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

What was our record that year before Captain Dick Pic tore his bicep and we couldn't sit him? Mangini built that team, if it wasn't obvious during that regime Tanny was a glorified bean counter it was when we kept him and let Rex make personnel decisions....... which was a nightmare. Mangini did kind of suck, but he handed off the best line, plus the best defensive player in football to Rex

We won in spite of Mangini with that roster that was built by Tanenbaum and his director of scouting Terry Bradway.

Your boy Mangini called defenses that made Jamarcus Russell and Matt Cassell look like Joe Montana

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I think if at the very least Woody is gone from running the Jets in any capacity its a big win for the fan base.  I think CJ has done an ok job as the leader of the organization so far.  He's had a couple of bumps in the road but nothing crazy and I do think he'll learn from them.  I think he connects to ALL of the players better than Woody ever has. I think he got it right with the GM hire (JD) and his leadership in making sure Macc didn't **** up the QB pick in 2018 may go down as the best thing he'll ever do for this organization.  

Guys want Gary V to buy the team and I'm not on board with that.  Having a fan run the team would be a disaster.  Why is everyone assuming he knows more about football than CJ. CJ has been around the team 20 years and he still defers to more knowledgeable people when he's not sure of something.  I feel Gary V, or any fan,  would be like a bull in a China shop with no experience to actually back up his decision making. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

I'll guess will find out in the upcoming days.  Either the whole thing builds up steam or the initial reports peter out.

I doubt Woody sells.  The jets are literally the only good business decision he has ever made that didn’t involve him getting yanked out of the right crotch as a baby

• Upvote 1

Just now, choon328 said:

I think if at the very least Woody is gone from running the Jets in any capacity its a big win for the fan base.  I think CJ has done an skiable job as the leader of the organization so far.  He's had a couple of bumps in the road but nothing crazy and I do think he'll learn from them.  I think he connects to ALL of the players better than Woody ever has. I think he visit got it right with the GM hire and his leadership in making sure Macc didn't **** up the QB pick in 2018 may go down as the best thing he'll ever do for this organization.  

Guys want Gary V to buy the team and I'm not in board with that.  Having a making fan run the team would be a disaster.  Why is everyone assuming he know more about football than CJ. CJ has been around the team 20 years and he still defers to more knowledgeable people when he's not sure of something.  I feel Gary V, or any fan,  would be like a bull in a China shop with no experience to actually back up his decision making. 

Chris has been even worse than Woody

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

We won in spite of Mangini with that roster that was built by Tanenbaum and his director of scouting Terry Bradway.

Your boy Mangini called defenses that made Jamarcus Russell and Matt Cassell look like Joe Montana

I've never claimed he was a great coach, not his fault Favre broke down though. If you want to praise Bradway and Tanny go ahead. I assume they got kids and sh*t. It's nice somebody does

Just now, Aaron Hernandez said:

I've never claimed he was a great coach, not his fault Favre broke down though. If you want to praise Bradway and Tanny go ahead. I assume they got kids and sh*t. It's nice somebody does

If Mangini was such a great GM how come 32 nfl teams won’t go near him? 

3 hours ago, MS jets Fan said:
4 hours ago, King P said:
I don't care who you were talking to, you were the last person to bring her up.
Of course you think I'm ignorant, Candace Owens speaks to people like you. Her whole gimmick is to pander to people like you, which is why her brand is so big. If only you more informed and smart enough to realize this, but alas...
Again your Ignorance is noted!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You don't even know how to quote properly, and you've called about 15 posters in this thread "ignorant".

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If Mangini was such a great GM how come 32 nfl teams won’t go near him? 

I think his job now nets him lucrative pay and a much less stressful life. Don’t know if that’s why he hasn’t ventured back into coaching/front office, but seems plausible 

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I doubt Woody sells.  The jets are literally the only good business decision he has ever made that didn’t involve him getting yanked out of the right crotch as a baby

If having good ownership was considered the litmus test for having "franchise stability & success -- or not" I would probably have to agree.   I have been a Trail Blazer fan for most of my life and the late Paul Allen was the owner for a good percentage of that team's existence.  Allen wasn't exactly Robert Kraft when he started.  But he learned from his mistakes as well as anybody in the sports business.  And it's probably not a coincidence that every title winning franchise in the NW in the past forty years he was owner or part owner of,  Oh... and he co-founded Microsoft.  Definitely one of a kind.

4 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

If having good ownership was considered the litmus test for having "franchise stability & success -- or not" I would probably have to agree.   I have been a Trail Blazer fan for most of my life and the late Paul Allen was the owner for a good percentage of that team's existence.  Allen wasn't exactly Robert Kraft when he started.  But he learned from his mistakes as well as anybody in the sports business.  And it's probably not a coincidence that every title winning franchise in the NW in the past forty years he was owner or part owner of,  Oh... and he co-founded Microsoft.  Definitely one of a kind.

If I could trade Allen for Woody or Dolan I would do it in a heartbeat 

5 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

I think his job now nets him lucrative pay and a much less stressful life. Don’t know if that’s why he hasn’t ventured back into coaching/front office, but seems plausible 

You really think a part time gig on Fox Sports pays more?  Why did Gruden who was the face of ESPN go back to coaching?

Mangini is so wildly overrated on this site. A complete pompous clown living off Bradway having a couple good drafts and Tanenbaum making a couple good signings 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Savage. Please.

Did he just ask about Candace Owens?  Lol, almost no self respecting black person takes her seriously.  Why is she always trotted out like some kind of authority?   Never ceases to amaze me how she and others like her are trotted out to prove a point when the vast majority of black people see her as nothing more than a sell out.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, JetBlue said:

Did he just ask about Candace Owens?  Lol, almost no self respecting black person takes her seriously.  Why is she always trotted out like some kind of authority?   Never ceases to amaze me how she and others like her are trotted out to prove a point when the vast majority of black people see her as nothing more than a sell out.  

In b4 lock!

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

You really think a part time gig on Fox Sports pays more?  Why did Gruden who was the face of ESPN go back to coaching?

Mangini is so wildly overrated on this site. A complete pompous clown living off Bradway having a couple good drafts and Tanenbaum making a couple good signings 

Cause he got a 10 year 100 million dollar contract. It's what it cost to get him to leave his non stress job as ESPN's highest paid talent 

Just now, Aaron Hernandez said:

Cause he got a 10 year 100 million dollar contract. It's what it cost to get him to leave his non stress job as ESPN's highest paid talent 

And do you have the GOAT coach/GM Mangini’s financials?

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If I could trade Allen for Woody or Dolan I would do it in a heartbeat 

His sister Jody inherited both the teams.  The Blazers and Seahawks.  Seems to have an interested in keeping both of them.  Though as far as I know she was more interested in producing movies and documentaries.  She was key in both Damian Lillard and Russell Wilson re-signing.  Which would have sunk both teams.  If I had to guess... she might sell the Blazers and keep the Hawks though.  Because apparently, the inheritance tax once the trust is legally handed over is quite large.  In two years, Ms. Allen has gotten more right then anybody on the Jets has in twenty.  Blazers made the WCF and the Seahawks won a game in the playoffs.

6 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Because she's Black and only Tom Shane knows whats best for minorities.. B)

Well I'm Black and I think I know a bit more whats good for me and others like me.  Vast majority of Black people have little to no respect for her because she is a misguided person who apparently seriously hurt emotionally at some point in her life.    She does not speak for me or anyone I know. 

• Sympathy 4
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

Well I'm Black and I think I know a bit more whats good for me and others like me.  Vast majority of Black people have little to no respect for her because she is a misguided person who apparently seriously hurt emotionally at some point in her life.    She does not speak for me or anyone I know. 

She's a professional troll in this troll culture. I prefer Thomas Sowell 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And do you have the GOAT coach/GM Mangini’s financials?

No, but can you explain why Tangini, a cap guy got run over by Rex after he got here if his job was personnel? Mangini got hired to be the Bill Belichik. We all blamed him for picks like Gholsten and the Boar Hunter. Gotta give time credit for the hits

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

What?

I should of been more specific. Most on here seem to have their judgement made on Woody being guilty. You stated and the article that came out even state that the sources and so called witnesses are not identified. So I agree with you where are the witnesses. If there is viable evidence to prove this then it will not sit well with the NFL considering the current environment.
Some on here think that there needs to be an ownership change, yet Chris seems to be heading in the right direction. So I just don’t think that changing ownership will help at this present time.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Why would you want that??  Chrissy makes Woody look good have you not seen the last 4 years

I didn't say that I wanted that.  I just was curious because the chances of a billionaire family doing everything they can to keep their football is pretty high.

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Misguided person? Aren’t you kind.  She’s just a kid. What is she 25 going on 16. Someone needs to tell that chick she’s actually black.

• Upvote 1