Woody’s in trouble.

Well here we go!

This is absolutely how we head into the homestretch of a 2020 filled with a virus pandemic, race riots, murder hornets, etc.  Things are really going to fire up now.

A Jamal Adams vs. Woody Johnson social media war would be awesome.  Joe Douglas has to be sitting there thinking, "Why did I push for a 6 year deal?  I should have done 6 months."

Calling out the owner of the team?  Jamal is going with the nuclear option in his efforts to be traded.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, hamat711 said:

Woody's comment show a lack of awareness. His comment ignores the situations that created this problem, and seems to imply that black people did this all to themselves. While black people do deserve some blame for the problems they face, they shouldn't take all of the burden. African Americans did not create this problem on their own, and they shouldn't be left to deal with it on their own.

Bingo.

And Woody friggin Johnson is the last person that should be making comments about the black community in any way, even if there is an instance where he "means well".  Talk about a privileged, rich white man trying to talk about what's best for a community he knows nothing about other than what he gets from his favorite "news" source.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Well here we go!

This is absolutely how we head into the homestretch of a 2020 filled with a virus pandemic, race riots, murder hornets, etc.  Things are really going to fire up now.

A Jamal Adams vs. Woody Johnson social media war would be awesome.  Joe Douglas has to be sitting there thinking, "Why did I push for a 6 year deal?  I should have done 6 months."

Calling out the owner of the team?  Jamal is going with the nuclear option in his efforts to be traded.

No respect for impeachments?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm not sure if you meant to leave out Angry, Biting, Volcano Otters, but I think it makes the list.

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/California-lake-closed-after-angry-otter-bites-15380136.php

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hamat711 said:

While the comment isn't racist, it has racial undertones.

This issue is too complex for many people. You also can't fully trust a media personality/outlet who has to play to a certain base or is biased from their own echo chamber.

Some black people don't speak for the whole. Don Lemon is not the voice of black people. 

Ben Shapiro is also too ignorant to say he is wrong on certain issues. He is so anti-media, when he himself is media. He, like many news outlets, are part of the problem, using their bias to present incomplete facts or information. 

Yes, many black families grow up without fathers, but why is that? Some will say it is due to crime. If crime is the reason, why are so many black people committing crimes? Do you believe black people's propensity to commit crime is determined by their DNA? If you do, you are a lost cause. If you don't, the key is understanding more about the culture that created these situations, how it came to be, and it can change.

Woody's comment show a lack of awareness. His comment ignores the situations that created this problem, and seems to imply that black people did this all to themselves. While black people do deserve some blame for the problems they face, they shouldn't take all of the burden. African Americans did not create this problem on their own, and they shouldn't be left to deal with it on their own.

You're just a little too logical and level-headed for this message board.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Complains about politics.  Closes his post with a highly misguided political statement.

And all of that done in big bold letters.  Someone wanted some attention!

It's nice they have a ignore user option on this site.  Another ignorant one!

34 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

You should be so fortunate to live in this state!  Just so you know I was born in the Bronx.   So take your nonsense comment somewhere else!  And there are sports going on MLS and English Premier is still playing! Just so you get your info right!   Where I live we live in community and take care of each other that's what makes this place great.  There is a lot to say about southern hospitality so since you have a narrow mind people are very welcoming here.   People are just people here something you will never comprehend!

U R BOLD!!!

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I'm not sure if you meant to leave out Angry, Biting, Volcano Otters, but I think it makes the list.

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/California-lake-closed-after-angry-otter-bites-15380136.php

Fantastic!

This needs a thread in the Lounge....just a listing of all the things that are making 2020 a complete sh*tshow!

Also, you know how this year will end......  President Kanye West inviting the World Series champion Astros to the White House! lol

44 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Allegations mean jack. Show me proof. Enough of this garbage. Jamal Adams allegedly kicks dogs... story at 8. See I just wrote a headline. The beauty of this country is innocent until proven guilty. Prove it or it didn’t happen.

Once upon a time but not anymore..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

I'm just waiting for one intrepid reporter to dig in and uncover what many of us have long suspected:  The Jets have a cash flow problem. 

the Jets are the Johnson's only source of cash flow 

that's the problem

48 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Allegations mean jack. Show me proof. Enough of this garbage. Jamal Adams allegedly kicks dogs... story at 8. See I just wrote a headline. The beauty of this country is innocent until proven guilty. Prove it or it didn’t happen.

You need proof that removing Woody Johnson from owning the Jets isn't in the best interest of football?  He's owned the team for 20 years.  You got a body, the murder weapon and his DNA and fingerprints are all over the crime scene.  If Johnnie Cochran was still alive even he couldn't get him off. 

Adams is such a virtue signaling, no conviction POS....as a guy who is cashing checks from the guy, at least have enough respect for your organization to STFU until things play out a bit or organization issues a statement or something. no he has to be the first one out there being a jack-off. someone tell him he will never be Lebron James...he plays the 17th most important position on the field on any given play...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, MS jets Fan said:

I have noticed and sports was a way to enjoy some time interacting with fellow fans and now this has turned divisive.  Even if I didn't agree with what was said it was still civil now, it just accelerated.   

it's bad.

and to avoid getting further into the political black hole...that's why we need a return to normalcy here in the next 5-6 months.  Life is a lot quieter, easier and more carefree when normal people are doing the things toward the top of this country's power structure...if you catch my proverbial drift.

I have no party.  I have no affiliation.  I have no agenda.

I just want a return to normalcy.  Enough is enough.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

Adams is such a virtue signaling, no conviction POS....as a guy who is cashing checks from the guy, at least have enough respect for your organization to STFU until things play out a bit or organization issues a statement or something. no he has to be the first one out there being a jack-off. someone tell him he will never be Lebron James...he plays the 17th most important position on the field on any given play...

Adams is shrewdly focused on getting the Jets to trade him and this opened a new avenue and great opportunity for him.  So far, attempting to enrage Douglas, Gase (via Cro), the fans, his coaches and even his teammates (not good enough dawgs for his taste) has been a dismal failure.  But now!  Adams must be drooling at the chance to enrage the owner!  What better way to get what he wants?

8 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

I hope him and Woody have a dick measuring contest. I already hated Jamal to the point I'm keeping him the next 2 years and franchising him another 2 out of spite. He can come play Box Saftey if he wants, or sit home. I don't care.

Unless the made up NFC executive who called him the #2 defensive player in the league yesterday gives us a call for a trade, he can rot. Him vs Woody just got more fun than the preseason