Woody’s in trouble.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Have they? I dont know the details but many of these foundations are personal branding and excuses to have lavish parties with huge tax advantages. Only a small % of whats raised actually helps anyone other then then people at the foundation. See Clinton foundation as a perfect example 

You want to really be shocked look at Clinton Foundation funding before and after Hilary was in public office. 

10 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Okay well I did say shrewd businessmen, I did not say shrewd football men. I agree with you on that point that as a football organization the Jets have tried to jam an unbelievable amount of square pegs into round holes. Drafting 4-3 linebackers to play in a 3-4 defense, strong-armed quarterbacks to play in a West Coast offense Etc. There's no question that they delegated responsibilities to people who didn't have a collective plan on how to win football games.

My point had more to do with Woody being worth 6.3 billion dollars. The New York Jets being the 8th most valued franchise in the league at 3.2 billion. How they partnered with the Giants and started a company that Financed the West Side Stadium. How they only owe 542 million left on the stadium yet have 97 years to pay themselves back. LOL at the current rate they make a profit of 332 million dollars annually from the franchise. I read this last night so I'm crunching the numbers from memory.. so that means that by the time they're done paying themselves off with interest for financing the stadium the Johnson family will have accrued over 332 billion dollars-

Yeah Woody has a huge Johnson lol

Not arguing that they makes fortunes by owning the Jets.  Anyone would.  Hey, Jim Dolan makes fortunes owning the Rangers, Knicks, the Garden, et al and he's one of the worst businessman (and human being) on the planet.  I'm sure Woody and Chris did not think of the financing scheme on their own.  They likely had investment bankers, lawyers and accountants involved and they followed their plan.  If only they did the same when it comes to football decisions.

50 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I own a business and I'm definitely a capitalist.  My mission is to cover the bottom line, pay my good employees salaries, pension benefits and health care benefits that retains their loyalty and long term commitment so I can both cover the bottom lint and make piles of profits.  When my company makes piles of profits those profits are taxed.  I love paying taxes, the more the better.  

The big tax scam is these business owners are already paying relatively low taxes.  When you're rich enough the strategy is don't pay or under pay and settle for cents on the dollar.  Woody took this way further and used an illegal offshore tax scheme to avoid over 17 million in taxes in settlement.  Probably half of what he tried to cheat the government out of.  

On the backside he bought one of the most prestigious jobs in the world, an Ambassadorship to England, which gives him both power and a network of rich businessmen and government officials to hob knob with from around the globe.  Access that is priceless in its value.  He bought that with roughly a million dollar donation to the Presidents election.  

As a Capitalist who believes in free markets, profits and having a world class infrastructure so I can move goods and services, have cheap access to information and quality well educated employees who are physically healthy, not to mention national defense, I pay taxes.  Paying taxes is your patriotic duty as a citizen.  It's not some scheme by ANTIFA. 

Would you feel the same if your tax % was doubled or tripled . While I agree every US citizen should pay taxes - part of the problem is the far left see wealth and success in others and want equality w/o putting in the hard work. Paying taxes to build education, infrastructure and public services is necessary - overtaxing those who've worked hard to build their wealth so that under qualified people can buy homes  and cars etc.. is criminal.

• Thumb Down 2

10 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I'll play. If Tanny was the one making the choices why has he been a disaster since Mangini?

I, too, miss drafting players like Vernon Gholston #6 overall. 

Crappy Tanny has found other work, Mangini can't get hired as a ball boy. There's nothing crazier to me on this site than the fanboi-hood over this clown. 

• Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, slats said:

I, too, miss drafting players like Vernon Gholston #6 overall. 

Crappy Tanny has found other work, Mangini can't get hired as a ball boy. There's nothing crazier to me on this site than the fanboi-hood over this clown. 

839EF6C4-ADCA-4B88-AF16-D2D10C251FD7.png

25 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I love this thought process....if we tax the billionaires they are going to LEAVE!!! But also, America is the greatest country on earth if you don't like it LEAVE!!!

So are you saying that billionaires, the people who have the money to do literally anything they want will choose NOT to live in the greatest country on earth? Will Amazon start to refuse selling their products to US citizens if Bezos loses a few mil in income? Methinksnot. 

No they will not LEAVE - they will base their headquarters in other countries while still living here -and we end up with inferior goods being manufactured in China , Taiwan, Indonesia  etc... instead of here .

Another poster had stated that Woody kept Rex around cuz it made him feel like less of a nerd LMFAO! That got me thinking....

What does Woody Johnson actually do all day long? I pictured Woody in some feety pajamas sitting in front of a huge TV playing PS4. Nah that can't be it..

So I decided to do a little digging lol. I honestly just never really thought about it before.

I have a completely different image when I see them now. When I see them in interviews... their demeanor how calm they are. The perfect Buzz, always smiling, boats, planes, chicks.

These guys live like Bruce Wayne! Woody Johnson is Batman! F****** awesome!

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Laconfora is trash. Nothing has changed for Joe D to all of a sudden take a cheap trade deal. 

A total clickbait tweet to generate traffic.  Total trash is right

5 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Laconfora is trash. Nothing has changed for Joe D to all of a sudden take a cheap trade deal. 

I could see Woody being pissed off and wanting Adams off the team, but I could also see Joe Douglas talking him down. They just need to let JD run the team. 

15 minutes ago, slats said:

Mangini is garbage. That's why he's out of work. Only a subset of sorry-assed Jet fans think he's anything more than that. 

But he drafted Revis, had a lisp and said process a lot

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Would you feel the same if your tax % was doubled or tripled . While I agree every US citizen should pay taxes - part of the problem is the far left see wealth and success in others and want equality w/o putting in the hard work. Paying taxes to build education, infrastructure and public services is necessary - overtaxing those who've worked hard to build their wealth so that under qualified people can buy homes  and cars etc.. is criminal.

What is overtaxing?   I believe in representative government.  Budgets running deficits isn't a good or bad thing.  When the economy is good, unemployment is low, we should have enough taxes to cover most of the budget.  In really good times we should pay down some debt and run a surplus.   When the private sector is contracting, like it is today, the public sector has to spend and because revenue falls deficits will increase relative to taxes.  In bad times debt is cheap so it makes sense to take it on to fill the gap of the private sector. 

In a democracy everyone should pay taxes.  We are all stakeholders.   I also believe in progressive taxation.  

While I agree the far left assertion that we can pay for all the things we need by only taxing the rich is crazy.  I like to keep my eye on the ball which is what people think we should spend.  In other words our countries priorities. 

I think the right has done an amazingly good job of looting the US treasury, destroying public institutional integrity and giving away public lands to private ownership to the point where we have gone from a Capitalist economy with public oversight with an underwhelming social safety net to an outright Kleptocracy.  

I would prefer to see more balance and much better budgetary spending priorities.  I do agree taxing is unpopular and spending is very popular.  

• Upvote 4

Woody might be dolt born with a silver spoon in his mouth but this feels like a total hatchet job.  One source said they heard him say this, 2 sources say they heard him say that.  Having an investigation over isolated and relatively innocuous comments that somehow get leaked out to a news agency amid abroad accusation of racism/sexism.  How about the fact that this man hired not one but two black head coaches to lead the team for 9 of his 19 years as owner.  How many owners in the league can say the same?   Do deeds and actions even count any more or will we all be judged and executed based on the worst comments (even a bad joke)  that come out of our mouth.  I'll tell you one thing:  while the value of sports teams keep rising as the ultimate "toy" of the wealthy,  I think some of the future owner prospects may choose to reconsider given the harsh climate we are living through.  And one more thing:  Jamal Adams please eat a bowl of shut the F up already or at least wait for some facts before further disrespecting the organization that employs you.      

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

No they will not LEAVE - they will base their headquarters in other countries while still living here -and we end up with inferior goods being manufactured in China , Taiwan, Indonesia  etc... instead of here .

Perfect.  The free market will then open up opportunities for better made American products.  That’s how free market worship works, right?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Both Adams leaks coming from Lacanfora and Freeman. Easily the two most wrongest NFL guys on the planet.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Woody might be dolt born with a silver spoon in his mouth but this feels like a total hatchet job.  One source said they heard him say this, 2 sources say they heard him say that.  Having an investigation over isolated and relatively innocuous comments that somehow get leaked out to a news agency amid abroad accusation of racism/sexism.  How about the fact that this man hired not one but two black head coaches to lead the team for 9 of his 19 years as owner.  How many owners in the league can say the same?   Do deeds and actions even count any more or will we all be judged and executed based on the worst comments (even a bad joke)  that come out of our mouth.  I'll tell you one thing:  while the value of sports teams keep rising as the ultimate "toy" of the wealthy,  I think some of the future owner prospects may choose to reconsider given the harsh climate we are living through.  And one more thing:  Jamal Adams please eat a bowl of shut the F up already or at least wait for some facts before further disrespecting the organization that employs you.      

You don't say the things he allegedly said if you don't have some sort of issue with women and African Americans. He said enough to have someone register a complaint. Once it was documented the NY Times picked up on it. They didn't create the scoop by themselves.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh, that's all?  Just the best Jet player of the century so far?  Plus other greats Mangold, Harris and Ferguson?

But, but, but Gholston!!!  Boar Hunter!!!  

So weird how he keeps getting fired and cant find a job. 

31 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Good post and I agree with the spirit.  The question is did his comments create an environment in the work place that was inappropriate?  If the complaints were coming from state department employees because they found it offensive and inappropriate in his position as the head of the US embassy created a workplace environment that was considered harassment its probably grounds for dismissal and possible legal action.  

He did fire a professional a Senior diplomat who during a speech to students praised Obama's handling of LBGT rights during talks with Senegal back in 2013.  Nobody ever talks about the cancel culture on the right that Woody seems to be part of.  Perhaps this is nothing more than retaliation by the professionals in the State Department?  TBD...

I admit I'm personally biased against Woody.  I think he was born rich, is a crook and tax cheat and has basically run the team I love like dog pooh.  Putting that aside, I could care less that this guy, who has no qualification to be running US diplomacy in the UK is getting a little more than he might deserve. 

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So weird how Tannenbaum forgot how to draft after Mangini left.

I'm thinking it's good for you guys that Mangini can't get any football related work. That way you can continue to pretend that he did something good. 

Tanny was the GM, Mangini was the coach, and he was a crappy coach. Most boring, uninspired football I've seen as a Jets' fan, saved only in his last year when Favre refused to listen to the coaches and ran the offense his way. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm thinking it's good for you guys that Mangini can't get any football related work. That way you can continue to pretend that he did something good. 

Tanny was the GM, Mangini was the coach, and he was a crappy coach. Most boring, uninspired football I've seen as a Jets' fan, saved only in his last year when Favre refused to listen to the coaches and ran the offense his way. 

? It's amazing, isn't it?  He's like the coaching version of Colin Kaepernick.  Because he hasn't played in 3 years people pretend like he was great when he did play.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So weird how Tannenbaum forgot how to draft after Mangini left.

So weird how Tannenbaum is employed and Mangini can't even hold ont to a TE coordinator position. You'd think the league would figure out the next Ozzie Newsome is there waiting to be had.