Woody’s in trouble.

Does anyone embody the phrase born on third base and thinks he hit a triple more than Woody Johnson? Guy is the definition of a lucky sperm... 

This will go one of two ways,

1) the Johnsons will be forced to sell - I'd normally say this is a 1 in 100 proposition but given everything going on in the world right now it wouldn't shock me if the NFL really threw the book at the Johnsons as a way to generate some good PR. This really isn't that different from Donald Sterling's comments w/ the exception that they had audio, but I guess Woody didn't even deny the accusations to the state department so I don't think its all that different. I think if they were to go this route they would ban Woody and let Chris keep running the franchise. 

2) If the Johnsons remain as owners this will limit the ability of the Jets to retain players and sign free agents. More and more players are picking teams based on the ownership structure. It may not impact 90% of players who don't have the luxury of picking from multiple offers, but the top guys may easily shy away from the Jets b/c we're already a dumpster fire of an organization, and then you add racist owners...

SAVE US BEZOS - AMAZON STADIUM IN QUEENS ONE TIME! 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Does anyone embody the phrase born on third base and thinks he hit a triple more than Woody Johnson? Guy is the definition of a lucky sperm

I've often wondered how pathetic his father was sexually that out of millions of sperm Woody got to through to the egg first

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Could be that Woody was trying to fit in with the locals and used some of their terms incorrectly.

When I had to come back to the US for a couple years with the wife I told her there were two words she uses fairly frequently in the UK that she was not to use in the US under any circumstances.  

1) Knickers

2) Niggle or Niggly 

True story

Reminds me of when I was dating a chick from Alabama and I was all like, “haha nooooo, the word is RA-coons. You call them RAcoons here” and she goes “y’all call black guys ‘raccoons’?”

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

If this team goes to anybody other than Gary Vee, we riot

Gary Vee is an insane story.  If he ends up buying the Jets, they gotta' make a movie about that dude.  Who comes from a poor immigrant family and not only buys an NFL team, but calls his shot a few decades earlier?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

She framed it as he said racist remarks so you are already in the mind that whatever he said must be racist. Then you actually read what he said

"argued that Black fathers didn't remain with their families and that was the "real challenge." One source said an official who heard the remarks was "stunned" and that the incident was documented and made known to both the OIG inspectors and a supervisor."

That is a very common argument made by conservatives such as Ben Shapiro and is not a racist statement. There are many black people such as Don Lemon who have said this as well.

Is Don Lemon racist?

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Kraft is right in the middle of sex trafficking and prostitution.  Nothing happens, it blows over.

Woody makes some bad comments, he will be flayed alive.

Winning solves everything.  

30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Could he just step down and give the team to Chris permanently?  This is a legitimate question, I'm not sure of how this all works.

I think this is more likely to happen than him selling the team.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Nah, the article was not written by CNN. It was written I believe by a British journalist and make no mistake, what he tried to do is offensive and compromises the US. He should lose his Ambassadorship (is that a word?) and be forced out of the Jets. It shows lack of judgement and morals and compromises future negotiations with Great Britain.

The thing says he was cringeworthy. That from a source with knowledge. Anyone here could be the source on that any time he opens his mouth. Other sources with knowledge said he sucks. Tom Shane could be the source for this given the accusation as it's written.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see him sell, but you're getting a bit ahead of yourself

28 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Could be that Woody was trying to fit in with the locals and used some of their terms incorrectly.

When I had to come back to the US for a couple years with the wife I told her there were two words she uses fairly frequently in the UK that she was not to use in the US under any circumstances.  

1) Knickers

2) Niggle or Niggly 

True story

Pack of fags?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

The thing says he was cringeworthy. That from a source with knowledge. Anyone here could be the source on that any time he opens his mouth. Other sources with knowledge knowledge said he sucks. Tom Shane could be the source for this given the accusation as it's written.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see him sell, but you're getting a bit ahead of yourself

Woody is a classic example of nepotism coupled with larceny and incompetence.   We are way beyond the anybody could have with him at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Woody is a classic example of nepotism coupled with larceny and incompetence.   We are way beyond the anybody could have with him at this point. 

He's a ******* loser. Why I'm having trouble picturing him as the big swinging dick walking around doing what this article alleges. We know he's a clown from the last 20 years

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I take issue with the notion that he was knowingly selling baby powder that contained asbestos.  

The Johnson's are kind of the poster boys for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

they are morons, after all. 

that's not really a legal defense tho 

52 minutes ago, AFJF said:

maybe too comfortable with the wrong type of locals. At one point he asked a person straight up their cultural religion. I'm not even comfortable typing what he asked but it's the same in every language. 

• Upvote 1