Woody’s in trouble.

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Woody is a classic example of nepotism coupled with larceny and incompetence.   We are way beyond the anybody could have with him at this point. 

it might be time for the weekly reminder

even after signing Becton and about half of their rookies

the Jets have 21 mil in cap space

the cap floor is 15 million (92% or 172 M) below the 188 M total salary cap. 

"Starve the beast + go to England + ??? = Profit" 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

If Dan Snyder isn't being forced to sell at this point, Woody won't even be a conversation

You're probably right, although it would be best for the NFL to have neither of those guys as owners.

In all reality, Woody hasn't been involved with the Jets for several years as CJ has been the more hands-on and involved representative of ownership.  But you can't get away from the fact that this is Woody's team.

Maybe ARod and JLo can get a 2-for-1 deal on buying the Mets and Jets?

:P

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

BTW. This is the lamest political controversy in the history of the UK. 

No drugs. No prostitutes. No bribery.

Woody Johnson even sucks at being scandalous.

Sell the team! 

If you need your fix turn your eyes to New Zealand.  It's been a fun few weeks watching their scandals over there.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Okay. As much as I'd love for this moron to be forced to sell the team, what are the comments? Surely a 'journalist' can do better than the all-encompassing and ambiguous "racist and sexist comments."

Well, apparently he called someone a, "******* old ***** who always takes a **** in the ***** anytime she sees a ****** at the ***"

But that's just what I'm hearing.  Don't quote me on that.

:P

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

She framed it as he said racist remarks so you are already in the mind that whatever he said must be racist. Then you actually read what he said

"argued that Black fathers didn't remain with their families and that was the "real challenge." One source said an official who heard the remarks was "stunned" and that the incident was documented and made known to both the OIG inspectors and a supervisor."

That is a very common argument made by conservatives such as Ben Shapiro and is not a racist statement. There are many black people such as Don Lemon who have said this as well.

This is 100% accurate.  That argument is made by conservatives and liberals alike.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

She framed it as he said racist remarks so you are already in the mind that whatever he said must be racist. Then you actually read what he said

"argued that Black fathers didn't remain with their families and that was the "real challenge." One source said an official who heard the remarks was "stunned" and that the incident was documented and made known to both the OIG inspectors and a supervisor."

That is a very common argument made by conservatives such as Ben Shapiro and is not a racist statement. There are many black people such as Don Lemon who have said this as well.

If I were a black man who's father may have gone to jail for drug possession to hear a trust fund baby who bought an Ambassador gig for a few million dollars and avoided jail on a 17 million dollar tax fraud, I might take it as a racist statement.  At the very least he comes off as a complete douchebag.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Gary Vee is an insane story.  If he ends up buying the Jets, they gotta' make a movie about that dude.  Who comes from a poor immigrant family and not only buys an NFL team, but calls his shot a few decades earlier?

It would be amazing to have an owner who truly bleeds green like Vaynerchuk.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Question. Should the allegations be proven before we send him to the chair?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If they are going to execute him they should definitely do some due diligence. But he has been a terrible owner so people are going to have fun with this report for sure.

• Upvote 1

What are you talking about. CNN is basically a ring wing news source without the imaginary narrative that fox puts up around trump

It's CNN, they got as much credibility as me on my worst bender when it comes to anything Trump related. Anyone here actually think Woody is doing anything over there? Or think he actually has enough balls to do any of this? Guy was so weak he let Rex Ryan dry hump him for years cause he got to be friends with an alpha personality 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I would take Bezos. The Jets still wouldn't win a Super bowl but the free Prime membership as a PSL holder would be sweet.

We'd probably be able to purchase things at the stadium by just taking them and getting auto-billed.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it might be time for the weekly reminder

even after signing Becton and about half of their rookies

the Jets have 21 mil in cap space

the cap floor is 15 million (92% or 172 M) below the 188 M total salary cap. 

"Starve the beast + go to England + ??? = Profit" 

I'm just waiting for one intrepid reporter to dig in and uncover what many of us have long suspected:  The Jets have a cash flow problem. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

This is really such great news

Why? Woody will not be forced to sell over this. The only tangible affect to this story is the deterioration of the Jets reputation with free agents not wanting to come here.

One thing everyone should keep in mind - remember...Woody has literally screwed up everything he has ever been involved with.  The fact that he is an incompetent Ambassador is a surprise to no one.

We need the team to revolt against his racist remarks...and for this to lead to the sale of the team.  I believe it happened in Charlotte and Houston.

This may be the best chance we get to rid ourselves of him..

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We'd probably be able to purchase things at the stadium by just taking them and getting auto-billed.  

I would love buying chicken fingers, eating half of them and then returning them at Kohls the next morning.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I'm just waiting for one intrepid reporter to dig in and uncover what many of us have long suspected:  The Jets have a cash flow problem. 

Given the fan base and revenue, you would think this team prints money.  But these are the Johnsons we are talking about - and not the ones entrusted with the business.  Woody in particular is a giant tool, a failed businessman, a boot licker to Trump, and obviously never going to win dad of the year.  Christ.

• Sympathy 1