Woody’s in trouble.

14 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

I'm surprised they didn't lock this thread out with all this political drival going on here!   It's bad enough the sports world has been turned into a political theater.  This shameful at every aspect! 

Sports are to be enjoyed and fun to watch, now it's just another divisive part of life.  I thought this site was about talking about the Jets team and football.   

ALL LIVES MATTER

Look at this desperate attempt to get the thread locked lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

OMG OMG

This is like a godsend for Adams and his trade desires.  He's just going to bash Woody until the cows come home and hope Woody tells Douglas he has got to go.

If Douglas can turn this ship around, he might be the best GM in the history of sports.  Only half kidding.

16 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

I'm surprised they didn't lock this thread out with all this political drival going on here!   It's bad enough the sports world has been turned into a political theater.  This shameful at every aspect! 

Sports are to be enjoyed and fun to watch, now it's just another divisive part of life.  I thought this site was about talking about the Jets team and football.   

ALL LIVES MATTER

every. single. aspect. of. life. has. become. political. since. 2016.

you must not have been paying attention.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

She framed it as he said racist remarks so you are already in the mind that whatever he said must be racist. Then you actually read what he said

"argued that Black fathers didn't remain with their families and that was the "real challenge." One source said an official who heard the remarks was "stunned" and that the incident was documented and made known to both the OIG inspectors and a supervisor."

That is a very common argument made by conservatives such as Ben Shapiro and is not a racist statement. There are many black people such as Don Lemon who have said this as well.

because something is commonly said or a common belief doesnt mean it isnt offensive

and who cares...if its enough to make him sell then its good enough for me. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Allegations mean jack. Show me proof. Enough of this garbage. Jamal Adams allegedly kicks dogs... story at 8. See I just wrote a headline. The beauty of this country is innocent until proven guilty. Prove it or it didn’t happen.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

every. single. aspect. of. life. has. become. political. since. 2016.

you must not have been paying attention.

I have noticed and sports was a way to enjoy some time interacting with fellow fans and now this has turned divisive.  Even if I didn't agree with what was said it was still civil now, it just accelerated.   

8 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

because something is commonly said or a common belief doesnt mean it isnt offensive

and who cares...if its enough to make him sell then its good enough for me. 

Well that is the whole point!!! What he said wasn't racist so it is not going to be enough to make him sell the team.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Allegations mean jack. Show me proof. Enough of this garbage. Jamal Adams allegedly kicks dogs... story at 8. See I just wrote a headline. The beauty of this country is innocent until proven guilty. Prove it or it didn’t happen.

Do you have uni-brow?  Story at 11....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Sir there is no sports currently going on and this is sports related. I actually commend Crusher & Max for not pulling the trigger on this. This is the owner of the football team this site is based on.

If the ‘MS’ in your name stands for that backward state in the south, I’m not surprised by this rhetoric.

You should be so fortunate to live in this state!  Just so you know I was born in the Bronx.   So take your nonsense comment somewhere else!  And there are sports going on MLS and English Premier is still playing! Just so you get your info right!   Where I live we live in community and take care of each other that's what makes this place great.  There is a lot to say about southern hospitality so since you have a narrow mind people are very welcoming here.   People are just people here something you will never comprehend!

42 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If he did make racist comments that could be enough to be forced to sell

Christopher Johnson has been the best Jets owner since Sonny Werblin, no way we let him go down over this.  If mandated, Woody will sell his stake to Chris and the Jets stay whole. 

SAR I 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Ok he said some racist sh*t and used his position to get deals done for his rich buddy... seems like another day in 1% land to me.

Whoa.  That’s 0.01%, friend.  

Leave us 1%’ers out of this.  

SAR I

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Prove it or it didn't happen?

So, if I murdered someone, but left no evidence, it "didn't happen?"  Is this an actual thing you believe, or are you conflating legal standards with reality?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1