Jump to content
prime21

Woody’s in trouble.

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

These topics are also deeply toxic and probably should be reserved for the Clubs section unless just speaking on how this effects the Jets.  

If the players are raging at the owner of the team, it would probably the biggest Jets story since spygate, Rex's swinger/foot foot fetish lifestyle and winning superbowl III.  Belongs on the main page.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If the players are raging at the owner of the team, it would probably the biggest Jets story since spygate, Rex's swinger/foot foot fetish lifestyle and winning superbowl III.  Belongs on the main page.

I’d say most of the players on the roster have never even seen Woody. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

it's bad.

and to avoid getting further into the political black hole...that's why we need a return to normalcy here in the next 5-6 months.  Life is a lot quieter, easier and more carefree when normal people are doing the things toward the top of this country's power structure...if you catch my proverbial drift.

I have no party.  I have no affiliation.  I have no agenda.

 

I just want a return to normalcy.  Enough is enough.

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’d say most of the players on the roster have never even seen Woody. 

Yup, majority. He's thankfully been uninvolved in what's shaping up to be a nice rebuild. That's why it's nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Yup, majority. He's thankfully been uninvolved in what's shaping up to be a nice rebuild. That's why it's nice

Chris is listed as Chairman/CEO on the website. Woody is not listed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The player is 9000% Jamal Adams and he 9000% didn’t talk to anyone else on the roster before texting his media pals.

Yup, Prez is a cancer but hes attacking Woody, so I guess I'm just rooting for maximum carnage. I don't really think this effects the rest of the team much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’d say most of the players on the roster have never even seen Woody. 

Well we need to put them to the test, don't we?

Where's Woody?

a) MV5BMTU3NDc2ODc4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODk2

b) 340?cb=20101024124446

c) 170px-Woody_Johnson_official_portrait.jp

d) woody_guthrie.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

sooo - yeah - can someone tell me what Woody actually said?

According to CNN, the U.S. ambassador to Britain since August 2017 “made racist generalizations about Black men and questioned why the Black community celebrates Black History Month.” The report cites “three sources and a diplomat familiar with the complaints to the State Department inspector general.”

“He’s said some pretty sexist, racist” things, the unnamed diplomat with knowledge of complaints made about Johnson to the inspector general told CNN.

Regarding a 2018 event for Black History Month, Johnson reportedly “appeared agitated and asked if the audience would be ‘a whole bunch of Black people.'” Three unnamed sources told CNN that Johnson “argued that Black fathers didn’t remain with their families and that was the ‘real challenge.'” One source told CNN that an official who heard the comments was “stunned,” and that the incident was documented and reported.

Another source said Johnson’s comments about women’s looks have been “cringeworthy,” and that “it was a struggle to get him on board for an event for International Women’s Day,” with Johnson asking why he had to do a “feminist event.”

The Times article included this sentence: “There have been complaints that he complimented the appearances of female employees during staff meetings, and after interviewing a candidate [for] deputy chief of mission, he asked a colleague whether she was Jewish.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

 

Unless Woody pays Jamal to make this all go away, Gase will be getting credit for this mastermind maneuver. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

According to CNN, the U.S. ambassador to Britain since August 2017 “made racist generalizations about Black men and questioned why the Black community celebrates Black History Month.” The report cites “three sources and a diplomat familiar with the complaints to the State Department inspector general.”

“He’s said some pretty sexist, racist” things, the unnamed diplomat with knowledge of complaints made about Johnson to the inspector general told CNN.

Regarding a 2018 event for Black History Month, Johnson reportedly “appeared agitated and asked if the audience would be ‘a whole bunch of Black people.'” Three unnamed sources told CNN that Johnson “argued that Black fathers didn’t remain with their families and that was the ‘real challenge.'” One source told CNN that an official who heard the comments was “stunned,” and that the incident was documented and reported.

Another source said Johnson’s comments about women’s looks have been “cringeworthy,” and that “it was a struggle to get him on board for an event for International Women’s Day,” with Johnson asking why he had to do a “feminist event.”

The Times article included this sentence: “There have been complaints that he complimented the appearances of female employees during staff meetings, and after interviewing a candidate [for] deputy chief of mission, he asked a colleague whether she was Jewish.”

 

Quote

Diplomats said Johnson often casually made these offensive remarks, according to CNN’s story.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also good to see the Mike Freemans of the world were able to find their Twitter passwords again after losing them during Desean Jackson’s Hitler-was-right party.

Thank you!!!

jamal said what’s right is right and what’s wrong is wrong... still waiting to hear from these people on anti Semitic comments.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

According to CNN, the U.S. ambassador to Britain since August 2017 “made racist generalizations about Black men and questioned why the Black community celebrates Black History Month.” The report cites “three sources and a diplomat familiar with the complaints to the State Department inspector general.”

“He’s said some pretty sexist, racist” things, the unnamed diplomat with knowledge of complaints made about Johnson to the inspector general told CNN.

Regarding a 2018 event for Black History Month, Johnson reportedly “appeared agitated and asked if the audience would be ‘a whole bunch of Black people.'” Three unnamed sources told CNN that Johnson “argued that Black fathers didn’t remain with their families and that was the ‘real challenge.'” One source told CNN that an official who heard the comments was “stunned,” and that the incident was documented and reported.

Another source said Johnson’s comments about women’s looks have been “cringeworthy,” and that “it was a struggle to get him on board for an event for International Women’s Day,” with Johnson asking why he had to do a “feminist event.”

The Times article included this sentence: “There have been complaints that he complimented the appearances of female employees during staff meetings, and after interviewing a candidate [for] deputy chief of mission, he asked a colleague whether she was Jewish.”

Unnamed this that and the other thing. I can't stand it. Why would anyone need to hide behind unnamed source when calling out Woody F'n Johnson? I'm not saying this isn't true but I am skeptical about the sources and the timing of it all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asked about the specific allegations reported by CNN, Johnson did not deny them. He called it an "honor of a lifetime" to serve as ambassador and "to lead the talented, diverse team of the U.S. Mission to the United Kingdom." Johnson called the team "the best in diplomacy" adding, "I greatly value the extraordinary work that each and every member of the team does to strengthen and deepen our vital alliance."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four sources familiar with Johnson's meetings told CNN the ambassador hosted official gatherings at a posh men's-only club in London, the centuries-old, exclusive White's. Eventually Johnson was told by another diplomat at the embassy in late 2018 that he had to stop holding those meetings, three of the sources said. None of the embassy's female diplomats would have been able to attend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A team at the embassy tried to get Johnson to do an event around gender-based violence in November 2017, this source said, to which the ambassador replied that he was not interested because he's "not a woman."
 
Speaking at a reception a few days after an event on breast cancer research the embassy held in collaboration with Estee Lauder in October 2017, Johnson opened his remarks by saying, "There was a prettier crowd here a few days ago with the ladies in pink and the breast cancer people," according to that source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New owner?

Gary+Vaynerchuk_5b7da9a6aefe02000f1bfa0b

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Unnamed this that and the other thing. I can't stand it. Why would anyone need to hide behind unnamed source when calling out Woody F'n Johnson? I'm not saying this isn't true but I am skeptical about the sources and the timing of it all.

Woody hasn't denied any of it.  lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All fake news though, right?  Nothing to see here.

FFS.

All due respect... the NYT has lost all credibility.  The family who owns the NY Times were slave oweners you know.

Why no press there?

This is recent , but if you just google it, they purposely don't print things that don't fit their agenda. 

I don't know what he said or didn't, but it's a shame I can't believe the NYT and CNN at face value. Their reports need be corroborated.

 

https://www.city-journal.org/bari-weiss-new-york-times

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If the players are raging at the owner of the team, it would probably the biggest Jets story since spygate, Rex's swinger/foot foot fetish lifestyle and winning superbowl III.  Belongs on the main page.

I'm just saying once people get into conversations about racism that can be a very divisive topic.  I'm sure 99% of the members here aren't racist but we all have different ideas in 2020 on what is racist and what is not racist.  Now when Woody Johnson says black dads need to be in the home, it may be something that he probably shouldn't speak on but it's something I myself believe.  That is not a racist statement.  
 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You should be so fortunate to live in this state!  Just so you know I was born in the Bronx.   So take your nonsense comment somewhere else!  And there are sports going on MLS and English Premier is still playing! Just so you get your info right!   Where I live we live in community and take care of each other that's what makes this place great.  There is a lot to say about southern hospitality so since you have a narrow mind people are very welcoming here.   People are just people here something you will never comprehend!

They’re still lynching folk down there and proms are still segregated— foh.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Woody hasn't denied any of it.  lol.  

Well that settles it. I'm convinced he should be forced to sell the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BallinPB said:

I'm just saying once people get into conversations about racism that can be a very divisive topic.  I'm sure 99$ of the members here aren't racist but we all have different ideas in 2020 on what is racist and what is not racist.  Now when Woody Johnson says black dads need to be in the home, it may be something that he probably shouldn't speak on but it's something I myself believe.  That is not a racist statement.  
 

I agree with everything you are concerned about and you are right.  Threads will not only get locked, but people will start to vanish at the sound of the ban hammer.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being that Woody is such a feckless pussy he paid a consulting firm 6 figures to hire a new GM while keeping Rex Ryan, all so he could try to look uninvolved. What kind of bunker do you think he's hiding in over this? That was him only trying to avoid us

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...