Favorite movie car chase scenes

7 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Bullitt might be the standard

French Connection too

beat me to them.  They are in my top 4 too. I think Steve McQueen did most of his own driving.  This might be the best pure car chase of all.  But I do love the Seven Ups.

• Upvote 2

Just watched the 7 Ups chase

Pretty darn good

They go up the west side, over the GWB and hit the Palisades

But towards the end (9:15 on the clip) they pass an exit sign that says NY100 and NY133. That can only be the Taconic but looks nothing like that section. 

Good stuff though. Can you imagine what the production crew had to do to set that up?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think you get to put a white Challenger without mentioning Vanishing Point.

The women stunt people in Tarantino's flick talk specifically about Vanishing Point and that a similar Challenger is available to test drive.  Clearly, Tarantino was a huge fan of the movie.

Approx. 6:08 in the video.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

The women stunt people in Tarantino's flick talk specifically about Vanishing Point and that a similar Challenger is available to test drive.  Clearly, Tarantino was a huge fan of the movie.

Approx. 6:08 in the video.

My Mom and Dad took my cousin and I to the drive-in to see it in a double feature with The Last American Hero.  I don't think we were 10 yet  We went in the 440 pistol grip 4 speed 'cuda that is still in my garage.  The Last American Hero has a couple of good chases with a '68 Mustang IIRC.  It is a decent flick.  A fictionalized version of Tom Wolfe's Esquire piece about Junior Johnson starring Jeff Bridges and Valerie Perrine.  It used to be on late at night sometimes re-titled as Hard Driver.

• Sympathy 1

I was a huge Death Proof and Terminator 2 guy on this subject for a long time, but Fury Road is such a masterpiece and IMO just completely shut the door on this whole debate. The whole thing was so amazing that you didn't even give a sh*t about the plot or what happened for the rest of the flick.

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I was a huge Death Proof and Terminator 2 guy on this subject for a long time, but Fury Road is such a masterpiece and IMO just completely shut the door on this whole debate. The whole thing was so amazing that you didn't even give a sh*t about the plot or what happened for the rest of the flick.

Term 2 truck chase in the LA canals is almost good enough to compensate for that whiney miscast boy they used.  And yeah Fury Road... but that's an entire film.

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Speaking of entire movies being extended chase scenes, anyone remember Spielberg's "Duel"? Another must see. And yes. Dennis Weaver.

I watched it.  Weird that such an iconic Spielberg flick was a TV movie.  Great scenes with the menacing truck.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 11:15 AM, Trolly McTrollface said:

This.

End thread.

Frenchie just plain sick and realistic because well, it was. The chase scene was a total improv, driving 80 mph through the Brooklyn streets and filmed in real time - without it being scripted or w/o permits ? They actually had car crashes and put ordinary citizens at risk ? 

• Upvote 1