GASE MUST ADJUST

20 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. I remember watching that Bengals game and saying, “wow. this coaching is magnificent”. 

I remember watching that Bengals game and saying, "Honey, I've got my hands full with these quesadillas, can you see if there is a gameday program we can download because I don't know who any of these players are."

Oh, and letting Andy Dalton and the 0-7 Bengals have their way with us is on the defense, you know, Mr. Perfect Gregg Williams.  An awful game all around, but if you have to put the goat horns on someone, it's Greggypoo.

SAR I

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is not an offensive coordinator...... If you're disappointed in the Jets offense, rant about Dowell Loggains.

I support Gase at this point, but Dowell L. as the OC is one thing that I do blame Gase for. If the guy is nothing more than your lackey you can bring him on as an assistant while finding an accomplished OC to work with while Dowell learns more about the role without being a black hole in an important spot on the coaching staff. I know Gase calls the plays so an OC doesn't serve in the same capacity as they did in previous defense oriented administrations, but they would still be better off with an accomplished guy at OC that can provide legit feedback than in all likelihood a yes man in DL.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

After doing a superb job with a crappy roster, coupled with injury and health, the narrative of the "negative nabobs of negativism" toward Adam Gase turned out to be insanely wrong.  You've all been exposed as clowns.  Please make adjustments to the narrative. 

Biggs a subsidiary of SAR l

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Adam Gase coached and had the full support of Petyon Manning.  He doesn't have to adjust to anyone.  Players adjust to him.

usually agree with  you, but on this I can't. Players do need to adjust, but the person coaching the team needs to have a pulse what's working and what's not for EACH game. He can't just say that I called the play, the players didn't execute. Execution is never going to be perfect, and even if execution of said play is perfect, there's always a chance the other team is countering you better. Then what do you do, keep calling the same plays that didn't work and say it's the team's fault. The best coaches have in game adjustments, and that's what I will judge Gase by this year. He gets this year as a pass, but after that, I'm done with him if he can't show in game adjustments.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

usually agree with  you, but on this I can't. Players do need to adjust, but the person coaching the team needs to have a pulse what's working and what's not for EACH game. He can't just say that I called the play, the players didn't execute. Execution is never going to be perfect, and even if execution of said play is perfect, there's always a chance the other team is countering you better. Then what do you do, keep calling the same plays that didn't work and say it's the team's fault. The best coaches have in game adjustments, and that's what I will judge Gase by this year. He gets this year as a pass, but after that, I'm done with him if he can't show in game adjustments.

LOL...it was tongue in cheek.  Gase should absolutely coach to fit his players.  It's not something we've seen from him in the past though.  Hopefully Sammy boy can coach him up and carry Gase's offense in to the top 20...or 30?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

After doing a superb job with a crappy roster, coupled with injury and health, the narrative of the "negative nabobs of negativism" toward Adam Gase turned out to be insanely wrong.  You've all been exposed as clowns.  Please make adjustments to the narrative. 

Biggs a subsidiary of SAR l

Two TD's per week on offense over 8 games?  This is the problem with being so bad for so long.  Reminds me of the Eddie Murphy Ritz cracker routine.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Gotta go with Sar here. The AFC East crown is easily within reach. Pat's are a huge question mark and worse than 2019 for sure. Miami is garbage. IMHO Buffalo seems to be the team that will give us a run for the money. I just hope we get out to a quick start this year.

Yep. 

The AFC East is the worst division in football right now. No excuses this year, the division is up for grabs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

And just how do you think that Adam Gase took a 1-7 pathetic joke of an offense and got it to finish the year a very respectable 6-2?

Adam Gase adjusted his ass off last year, it should be the least of your concerns this year.  Gase has proven himself a good head coach, no doubt the best we've had since Parcells in terms of overcoming obstacles, professionalism, decorum, locker room focus, and adjusting to personnel far different from that which had been projected at the start of the season.

If the Jets are to struggle, it's because of the lack of playmakers and depth on offense.  The Idzik/Maccagnan damage can't be fixed in a single offseason.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Two TD's per week on offense over 8 games?  This is the problem with being so bad for so long.  Reminds me of the Eddie Murphy Ritz cracker routine.

Two TD's per week with an XFL caliber offensive line and no playmakers was a coaching masterwork, and more than enough to get us to 7-9 with the worst set of injuries and illnesses the Jets have faced in team history.

You act like last season was a typical couple-of-guys-out situation.  You can stop now.  No one is buying.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair he’s only been here for a single draft. As for heat? Every single person in that front office should have a campfire lit under their nuts. 

douglas may have only been with the jets for one draft but how well those players do are going to be a real indication of what he will bring next season and beyond.  regardless of who the coach is, without the players, teams don't win.  you're certainly right the front office needs to get its act together. the jets have gone far too long without making the playoffs or even back to back winning seasons.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

LOL...it was tongue in cheek.  Gase should absolutely coach to fit his players.  It's not something we've seen from him in the past though.  Hopefully Sammy boy can coach him up and carry Gase's offense in to the top 20...or 30?

don't you think gase adjusted over the last 8 games?  the teamed was wracked with injuries   and gase had to put different pieces in places the whole season.  i know there was all that talk about darnold telling gase how he wants the plays called.  to an extent there's some truth to that but it also shows how gase does change with the personnel he's given.

and i wouldn't exactly use his criticism from the doltfin playaz as some great indictment.  nor would i take whatever people said in denver or chicago about his offensive coordinator issues.  it's not like he had much to work with in either town after peyton retired.  jay cutler is pretty much jeff george without the arm strength.

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Two TD's per week with an XFL caliber offensive line and no playmakers was a coaching masterwork, and more than enough to get us to 7-9 with the worst set of injuries and illnesses the Jets have faced in team history.

You act like last season was a typical couple-of-guys-out situation.  You can stop now.  No one is buying.

SAR I

Yeah, when they played the Bills 2's and 3's in week 17 it wasn't fair to expect more than 1 TD.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

don't you think gase adjusted over the last 8 games?  the teamed was wracked with injuries   and gase had to put different pieces in places the whole season.  i know there was all that talk about darnold telling gase how he wants the plays called.  to an extent there's some truth to that but it also shows how gase does change with the personnel he's given.

and i wouldn't exactly use his criticism from the doltfin playaz as some great indictment.  nor would i take whatever people said in denver or chicago about his offensive coordinator issues.  it's not like he had much to work with in either town after peyton retired.  jay cutler is pretty much jeff george without the arm strength.

He did some things differently after Darnold gave him some pointers, but he still could've done more.  As long as Darnold keeps bringing him along I think there's a chance he can limit the damage Gase can do.  Kind of like Aikman and Barry Switzer or Petyon Manning and Tony Dungy.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yeah, when they played the Bills 2's and 3's in week 17 it wasn't fair to expect more than 1 TD.

We had nearly 20 players on injured reserve and we were playing our 3’s and 4’s. Are you high?  I’ve got a brother-in-law who is stoned all the time, really hinders his sense of judgment.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

He did some things differently after Darnold gave him some pointers, but he still could've done more.  As long as Darnold keeps bringing him along I think there's a chance he can limit the damage Gase can do.  Kind of like Aikman and Barry Switzer or Petyon Manning and Tony Dungy.

i get the point about the qb and coach needing to be on the same page.  and , yes, gase does need to play to darnolds strengths.  but doing more with that group?  i don't think sid gillman or andy reid could've done more.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. I remember watching that Bengals game and saying, “wow. this coaching is magnificent”. 

The Jets suffered embarrassing losses in 2019, none worse than their 22-6 loss against the 0-11 Bengals. Darnold -– who posted a measly 5.0 yards per attempt -– drew blame afterward from fans and media. But the film reveals he played well, making high-level intermediate and deep throws. Blunders by others cancelled out his productivity.

New York's offense committed eight penalties, and Darnold was let down by his line, which allowed pressure on 46.7 percent of his dropbacks, and receivers (five drops). On a deep shot to wideout Demaryius Thomas, Darnold dropped the ball in a great spot, but Thomas tracked it poorly and was unable to get to the pass.

Darnold was especially good in the 10-to-20 yard range, showing a combination of deft touch and high velocity as he threaded tiny windows. This throw to Ryan Griffin encapsulates the kind of day it was for Darnold. Under pressure, Darnold squeaks the ball into tight coverage, hitting Griffin on the hands, but the tight end fails to pull it in.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/every_throw_graded_ultimate_scouting_report_of_jets_sam_darnold/s1_13132_31475993

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

This what the Jets faced in Week 17 and then what they faced in Week 1

Bills Starters Week 17

Josh Allen QB
Devin Singletary RB
Patrick DiMarco FB
Cole Beasley WR
John Brown WR
Lee Smith TE
Dion Dawkins T
Cody Ford T
Jon Feliciano G
Quinton Spain G
Mitch Morse C
Trent Murphy DE
Jerry Hughes DE
Star Lotulelei DT
Ed Oliver DT
Tremaine Edmunds LB
Matt Milano LB
Taron Johnson CB
Levi Wallace CB
Tre'Davious White CB
Jordan Poyer S
Micah Hyde S

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Gase offense ran like a hot knife through butter as we racked up a 6-2 record with the most pathetic set of linemen and receivers in team history.

Gase isn't the problem.  The roster is.  The heat should be on Douglas.  He's the one who hasn't proven anything yet.

SAR I

Thats not true man. We have the worst off in the league. and we beat terrible teams. But I hope the OP is right and gase adapts. The counter argument is like Steve Young and how he trasitioned his play style to become a pocket passer, but the counter counter would be that he was given smart game plans throughout that were built around helping in either style, the counter countr counter argument is that Gase has not show that ability in play calling on any day in his carreer. the counter counter counter counter arg....well never mind you know what i mean.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase isn't the problem.  The roster is. The heat should be on Douglas.  He's the one who hasn't proven anything yet.

SAR I

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Look, the heat should be on no one this year. We are a team that was rebuilt in amazingly fast fashion. From the abyss of 2016 to the precipice of winning the division in 2020.  I'm happy with the whole thing, except for Jamal's antics.  

SAR I

confused jimmy fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

The being bad for so long had zero to do with Gase and last years team. Thanks to Gase, we may have put our team in better position to move forward in the future.  

Every Jets team, every year is different.  Blaming Gase for the lack of personal on O last year or the last 10 is delusional.  It's as if Gase put together the roster and had something to do with Darnold being sick and the revolving door at OL.  I think Gase was so appalled by the offensive talent and Mac's stupidity in the off season that has finally put our team on a different track.

We drafted Polite in the third round last year and gave him a rookie contract with guarantees around 1.2.  We waived him.  Seattle put him on their practice squad on September 2 and released him 3 weeks later.  Mac actually interviewed this kid and still drafted him.  

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Gase offense ran like a hot knife through butter as we racked up a 6-2 record with the most pathetic set of linemen and receivers in team history.

Gase isn't the problem.  The roster is.  The heat should be on Douglas.  He's the one who hasn't proven anything yet.

SAR I

Now this is some professional level trolling.  Well done!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Two TD's per week with an XFL caliber offensive line and no playmakers was a coaching masterwork.........................

SAR I

Here is a fact rarely mentioned when speaking on Darnold.........

@Biggs @Claymation @SAR I

Darnold is 7 - 1 when his OL gives him just AVERAGE protection with a passer rating of 107!

And the one loss was the Green Bay game where he was lights out!

Wake Up!!  Darnold is the real deal!! :) 

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Thats not true man. We have the worst off in the league. and we beat terrible teams. But I hope the OP is right and gase adapts. The counter argument is like Steve Young and how he trasitioned his play style to become a pocket passer, but the counter counter would be that he was given smart game plans throughout that were built around helping in either style, the counter countr counter argument is that Gase has not show that ability in play calling on any day in his carreer. the counter counter counter counter arg....well never mind you know what i mean.

Tell me how last year wasn't the perfect example of Gase adapting.  Half his starting offense was on IR by Halloween.  He lost not one, but two quarterbacks.  When Darnold returned, he wasn't himself for weeks and the crew of receivers looked nothing like training camp.

If there is one thing Gase proved last season it was that he can adapt.  Can change.  Can make an offense productive without the proper personnel.  Can make the adjustments on-the-fly to get first downs and get points.

The Jets were 1-7, they had 20 players out, and they were underdogs in all of their last 8 games.  Yet they went 6-2.  That's great coaching.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Now this is some professional level trolling.  Well done!

Not in the slightest.  I don't think any member of the team deserves any pressure this season outside of Jamal Adams because he's yapping for a premature contract.  

But, if fans must pick one non-player to put on some imaginary and undeserved hot seat, then it should be Joe Douglas.  As I said, he hasn't proven anything yet.  His moves during the '19 season weren't great and his offseason, while good looking on paper, hasn't been put on the field yet.  Gase proved he's a quality NFL head coach.  Douglas hasn't proven anything as a GM.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Gase is a bad HC and an even worse OC.  

He will be entirety incapable of changing. His ego won’t allow it to possibly be his fault.  It will be everyone else’s around him.  

it’s a shame that Darnold’s early years will be wasted on Gase.  

Gase is a good HC and hasn't been an OC for 5 years.

For a guy with such a supposedly bad personality and huge ego, it was quite interesting that his team didn't throw him under the bus with airplanes flying at 0-4 or quit outright at 1-7.  Instead, they had the second-best record in the entire league in the last half of the season.

If Sam Darnold was down on Adam Gase, his handlers, his family, and his agent would have let that be known.

When the Jets start winning, you're not allowed to enjoy it.  You're on the list.

SAR I

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Gase offense ran like a hot knife through butter 

That's great comedy. 

The NFL was quaking in fear of the Gase-led Jets offense the latter half of '19. They were putting up unheard of points, slicing their way to the playoffs.

This said yes - Gase had a sh-t hand to work with last year AFTER the injuries mounted. He deserves much credit for galvanizing the lads after such a nightmarish start.

But why is it I never hear a good response from you for that egregious offensive performance week 1 at home? Each game is roughly 7 percent of the season so every game is critical, and Gase had all offseason to prepare for week 1 - and his offense is gifted 4 turnovers and comes up with 16 points? In an offense-driven league?

A truly great HC like Andy Reid never ever sh-ts the bed like Gase did week 1 and in other weeks last season. He's the only HC ever to lose to an 0-7 team and 0-11 team in the same season.

I hope I'm wrong about Gase, I truly do. Everything I've seen about him dictates he has the football skills, but lacks the always killer instinct.

4 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

This said yes - Gase had a sh-t hand to work with last year AFTER the injuries mounted. He deserves much credit for galvanizing the lads after such a nightmarish start.

But why is it I never hear a good response from you for that egregious offensive performance week 1 at home? Each game is roughly 7 percent of the season so every game is critical, and Gase had all offseason to prepare for week 1 - and his offense is gifted 4 turnovers and comes up with 16 points? In an offense-driven league?

Because Week 1 Gase had a quarterback in a brand new system with a 104 degree fever and a degenerative disease who needed to be hospitalized and immobilized for a month before going near a football field again.

If Darnold were 100%, I have every confidence that we would have put up another 10-14 points against Buffalo. And if you're grumpy about that game, focus on Gregg Williams whose defense blew a 16 point lead with 16 minutes left in the game.  We had a commanding lead.  Bills fans around me were leaving to beat traffic.  That game was over.  

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When the Jets start winning, you're not allowed to enjoy it.  You're on the list.

SAR I

Are there any fans under 30 that actually do enjoy winning at this point? The losing seasons are easy to deal with. The seasons where they start strong are the ones that my nerves are strung out wondering how they’ll cock it all up eventually.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Good point   when the hell has Le'Veon Bell ever been a guy who can line up at WR and make plays?

Also, the next time Robby Anderson gets behind a defense and cathes a deep ball will be the first.

19 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Darnold’s future greatness lies in his ability to make plays off script, throwing from unconventional angles on the run. That should be cultivated, not stifled."

This is all well and good, but it’s not how a developmental program works. You start out hammering home the fundamentals if the program and then as the student masters those, you give them some rope to expand upon those original guidelines, implementing a customizing elements that suit his talents. Hemingway had to learn the alphabet and basic grammar before he became a writer.