The Wire Mafia (GAME OVER - STANFIELD WINS!)

5 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Never saw Oz.  Try The Wire.  You will not be sorry.  Although like most shows the final season jumped the shark.

Yeah I was just kidding with Oz. That traumatized me as a kid. I have only heard great things about the Wire and I do expect it to be great. Once I get a chance I’ll start it up

41 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

No other show even close.  Look at political world today and the war over the same issues (social inequality, mass unemployment, urban decay and the corruption between police, criminals, politicians, unions and the media) that continue to curse our world.  Yet, it often exposed the humanity or sometimes the lack of in all of it.  The Wire exposed many angles that make up our current society.

There;s a fantastic book that came out a couple years ago, ALL THE PIECES MATTER; that chronicles the show's creators/writers/actors/contributors during the show's inception, filming and so forth. It's quite a read. It's well known that THE WIRE used a lot of real people, criminals and such in the show - but the extent is pretty captivating. Right down to real gangster club houses (with their blessing). 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

There;s a fantastic book that came out a couple years ago, ALL THE PIECES MATTER; that chronicles the show's creators/writers/actors/contributors during the show's inception, filming and so forth. It's quite a read. It's well known that THE WIRE used a lot of real people, criminals and such in the show - but the extent is pretty captivating. Right down to real gangster club houses (with their blessing). 

Thanks.  I'm currently reading about a half-dozen books and now you give another I need.  Great rec!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yup I’ve read it. Great book.

36 minutes ago, Drums said:

I knew Pac was like a manager or something, but I am confused by who else these jokes are aimed at. Ctm? 

Gata and pac belieive red lobster to be fine dining. Essentially the worlds only Michelin rated chain restaurant that serves cheezy biscuits 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

To be fair, his finish from last game was so annoying the stench still fills the room. 

is it necessary to go back and read it, or should I just know @Drums sh*t the bed...

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

loudest voice in the room, be the quietest. vote Cock. 

holy sh*t paradis, really playing teh mafia..... welcome sir.

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Yeah I was just kidding with Oz. That traumatized me as a kid. I have only heard great things about the Wire and I do expect it to be great. Once I get a chance I’ll start it up

i have intended on starting the Wire a few times and as much good as I have heard about it, I just always seem to have something else get in the way. I guess I am buying HBO now....

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Gata and pac belieive red lobster to be fine dining. Essentially the worlds only Michelin rated chain restaurant that serves cheezy biscuits 

I could kill you , I have the power now. 

Keep it up.

tenor.gif?itemid=5955139

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Your browser does not support the audio element.

Your browser does not support the audio element.

Gay

Fun fact about @Jetsfan80 #83:

203 out of 1015 women have become pregnant after having hugged 80, while 0 of 1 women have become pregnant after having had sex with him.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Drums was playing really well and then started prematurely celebrating victory and ended up losing. I've been busting his balls ever since. Apparently he's taking it personal now so I guess I'll stop poking him.

Well at least someone is finally taking turns with me. It can get pretty exhausting.

5 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Thanks for ruining mayonnaise for me...

Mayonnaise was ruined the moment it came into existence.

Fun fact about @Jetsfan80 #359:

Every doctor's office that 80 is a regular patient at has banned all Victoria Secret magazines from the waiting room after several unpleasant "incidents".

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Every doctor's office that 80 is a regular patient at has banned all Victoria Secret magazines from the waiting room after several unpleasant "incidents".

Agree to disagree 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

do you have these chronicled on a website... a "random @jetsfan80 fact generator"? 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Fun fact about @Jetsfan80 #83:

203 out of 1015 women have become pregnant after having hugged 80, while 0 of 1 women have become pregnant after having had sex with him.

11 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Fun fact about @Jetsfan80 #274:

80 considers ear licking penetrative sex.

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Is this @jvill 51's way of messing with me this game?  lol.

• Haha 4