The Wire Mafia (GAME OVER - STANFIELD WINS!)

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's more the premature celebration I bust him for - but gata bent him and the rest of town over pretty good. Pretty funny if you find where he starts the celebration forward.

wait, wait, wait a g-d damn minute....... gata - gata dominated mafia?

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

did something happen the last 2 games I didn't play?

Yes.  I led a lynch on him last game.  Not because he was scummy, but purely because he hadn't been lynched in a game since he joined JN Mafia.  And I'd been trying to get him lynched 3 games straight because of that.  lol.

52 minutes ago, Stark said:

is it necessary to go back and read it, or should I just know @Drums sh*t the bed...

holy sh*t paradis, really playing teh mafia..... welcome sir.

i have intended on starting the Wire a few times and as much good as I have heard about it, I just always seem to have something else get in the way. I guess I am buying HBO now....

Woah woah woah. Dice sh*t the bed. I just ended the game 

19 minutes ago, Stark said:

damn drums.... i read it.

Yeah, last thing I’ll say so we can move on: I was trying to annoy scum with the trash talk. My plan was to die before the last day except I lived but I was spent.  After 80s case on Gata, I couldn’t wait for Dice to change his mind on his birthday. I let town down, I regret it, but it’s just a game. And props to Gata for never giving up. 

I want to rage.  I legit can break 90 right now to save my life.  I'm playing so bad.  I cant chip right now to save my life.   Ball striking is the best it's ever been, putter is strong but if I miss the green on my approach, I'm basically ****ed...been this was for like 4 rounds straight.  Even went to the range multiple times and just chipped!!!  I threw a lot of clubs today.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I want to rage.  I legit can break 90 right now to save my life.  I'm playing so bad.  I cant chip right now to save my life.   Ball striking is the best it's ever been, putter is strong but if I miss the green on my approach, I'm basically ****ed...been this was for like 4 rounds straight.  Even went to the range multiple times and just chipped!!!  I threw a lot of clubs today.

You sir, also a twat 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Have you tried playing naked? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sucks. I was on today. Hit an 88from the Blue tees including a birdie on an uphill 130 yard par three. Landed it on a sweet part of the green and it took a favorable roll to the hole.  I usually hover around 96 so it was an anomaly.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fun fact about @Jetsfan80 #17:

80 is still playing the same game of golf he started back in 1997. He's on stroke 6,458,584 on the first hole, because waiting before you put it in the hole is the best part.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Sucks. I was on today. Hit an 88from the Blue tees including a birdie on an uphill 130 yard par three. Landed it on a sweet part of the green and it took a favorable roll to the hole.  I usually hover around 96 so it was an anomaly.

Feels great, right?  I did make a 70 foot putt, uphill about 6 feet of break. It was epic and my only par on the day.  It's been that bad lately.  

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

Feels great, right?  I did make a 70 foot putt, uphill about 6 feet of break. It was epic and my only par on the day.  It's been that bad lately.  

Played on Tuesday. Started slow the first 5 holes then got red hot (for me anyway) the next 10. Didn’t wanna look at my total but knew I had a good chance to break 90 for the first time. 16th I blow a 12 footer 5 feet past the hole, get pissed at myself and lose my concentration and miss the comebacker. Double bogey. 17th, 25 foot par putt does a pirouette around the ******* cup and kicks out.

Finally check the score, need a birdie on a long par 4 to get 89. Hit a top 5 drive of my life, clear the dog leg, 125 to the hole. Perfect pitching wedge distance for me, and I’d been hitting the pitching wedge great all day. Go into my bag, no pitching wedge. Left it on the 16th. Borrow my buddy’s pitching wedge and I completely shank it to the left, end up behind a tree. Punch out too far into the trap, then 2 putt to close with another double bogey and a 92.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

No other show even close.  Look at political world today and the war over the same issues (social inequality, mass unemployment, urban decay and the corruption between police, criminals, politicians, unions and the media) that continue to curse our world.  Yet, it often exposed the humanity or sometimes the lack of in all of it.  The Wire exposed many angles that make up our current society.

Just the 3rd season alone and how they mimicked comstat, orcwhatever, was amazing and I referenced it weekly to our analytics team when I first joined my company and they ultimately reformed their approach. 

Fun fact about [mention=5406]Jetsfan80[/mention] #17:
80 is still playing the same game of golf he started back in 1997. He's on stroke 6,458,584 on the first hole, because waiting before you put it in the hole is the best part.

Ok now do one that ties in geopolitics and/or macroeconomics.