The Wire Mafia (GAME OVER - STANFIELD WINS!)

13 years and 4 months. That’s how long Spoot had been sidelined to the Pawn Shop Unit within the BPD. You see, Spoot was natural po-lice. Former Homicide, he was working a case that, naturally, he had put down. He had the weapon, the casings matched, and he had a witness. Open and shut. Except for the fact that the witness was connected to some newspaper editor. It wouldn’t look good if the editor’s son was hauled into court because of his connection with a murderer. And the Deputy Ops had a convenient relationship with the newspaper editor. So the Deputy Ops told Spoot to charge the murder without the witness. Chain of command.

Except Spoot didn’t follow along. No, he forced the witness to testify. The Deputy Ops was displeased. Spoot could have charged the case without the witness, but you know, principles and all that. His Homicide career was finished. They asked Spoot where he didn’t want to be transferred. He told them at least put me out on the streets, not behind some desk pushing papers. Ok, sure. Pawn Shop Unit.

13 years and 4 months later, there was a new Deputy Ops, new head of the pawn shop unit, and everyone who had a grudge with old Spoot had either moved on with retirement or forgotten about it. Either way, no one wanted to be assigned to the detail investigating the Barksdale and Stanfield Crews anyway. So when they shipped old Spoot there, no one envisioned him taking a lead role in the investigation.

Spoot tried to teach the other cops the ropes. If you wanted to really make a difference, really build a case on high-level drug traffickers, it wasn’t about cracking heads and buy-busts of low level dealers. No, this case needed good CI’s. It needed to be slow, methodical. It needed a wire. All the pieces matter.

Spoot decided he’d keep a low profile. Let him work in the shadows and maybe he won’t piss off the higher-ups this time or draw the suspicions of the crew he was investigating. Spoot had bigger aims. If you just follow the drugs, you get drugs and drug dealers. If you follow the money, you don’t know where the **** it’s gonna go. That’s why no one wants wires. When the tape starts rolling, no one knows what’s going to be said.

He didn’t know it, but his low profile came at a cost. Trying not to attract attention wound up attracting attention. But not from who he thought. No, this time he had caught the attention of that guy with the double barrel sawed-off. The man with the code. And at this range, with this caliber? sh*t, even if he missed he couldn’t miss.

The shotgun blast rang out. The sun rose. And when the BPD arrived at the scene, they were chalking off a beaver of their own.

Spoot, aka Lester Freamon, TOWN STANFIELD COP (odd night) w/ WIRETAP ABILITY, has taken a shotgun blast to his beaver face.

image.gif.cc83ffa90471b9cb25109da91adb8093.gif

It is now Day 5.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, CTM said:

Vote crusher

Since no traction on hesshole, his agreeing with hess's non existent observation with no ability to substantiate why he agreed pings

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

unvote vote CTM

Two good votes from the circle jerk.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@The Crusher we haven't heard much about your instincts this game and you're still alive. What gives?

Trying to push people to play and pressure more than sit back and read. Different approach for a low participation game. I like CTM for scum and something is off with Bunny and AVM. Pretty comfortable with you and JC is my best for town. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Trying to push people to play and pressure more than sit back and read. Different approach for a low participation game. I like CTM for scum and something is off with Bunny and AVM. Pretty comfortable with you and JC is my best for town. 

Can you make @AVM motorboat your ass cheeks until he participates?

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Seems like your town pile is a little light.

It’s tough with low participation people. Lizzie reacted towards me with genuine frustration and gun to head id say  town. More reaction test than judge of gameplay. AVM and NYN dont feel good about either play wise but nobody countered NYNs reveal so it is what it is. Not sure I could pull the trigger to lynch her. KDELS is town, spoots flip adds validity to his claim. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

It’s tough with low participation people. Lizzie reacted towards me with genuine frustration and gun to head id say  town. More reaction test than judge of gameplay. AVM and NYN dont feel good about either play wise but nobody countered NYNs reveal so it is what it is. Not sure I could pull the trigger to lynch her. KDELS is town, spoots flip adds validity to his claim. 

I was referring to kdels with that comment.

I still don't like the nyn reveal but not willing to lynch her atm. That has to work itself out w two scum teams.

What do you think we have left for numbers?

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I was referring to kdels with that comment.

I still don't like the nyn reveal but not willing to lynch her atm. That has to work itself out w two scum teams.

What do you think we have left for numbers?

I still think JIF counts once for both teams. Like we talked about yesterday. Other than that hard to say. First time mod, impossible to know what’s left. Do we stick with the standard 33% scum or does the two factions make it different? I do know this, we need to lynch correct today. CTM or AVM are my best bets. 

@kdels62 is there a reason you don't want to elaborate on the wire tap thing? It may be helpful to know more about that. We know JiF was a lawyer for both teams and you and spoot have this wiretapping ability.

I'm just wondering if it can help us piece things together.

@HessStation made a comment earlier suggesting that JiF could need to do some sort of negotiating between the scum teams. He could have just been speculating but now that we know there is some non-standard wire tap thing in the game maybe there was something to that? And if so, how did Hess get to that idea?

On 8/7/2020 at 4:07 PM, Spoot-Face said:

As for you: instincts. Your early aggressive play screamed scum, and nothing I've seen from you since has changed my opinion. Drums saw it too, and I actually respect his game.

^ spoot responding to crusher

On 8/9/2020 at 2:30 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Now, can we just lynch Crusher now? We can deal with Hess later and, IMO the JC/Nyn protective role debate will work itself out. @CTM stop beating around the bush, sack up, and vote the fat man you filthy heathen monster.

On 8/10/2020 at 2:18 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Y we no lynch Crusher? Fukking pansy ass motherfukkers.

unvote vote Dice

I was just checking to see if spoot did any sort of bread crumbing. If his early aggressive play screamed scum it stands to reason he would have looked him up.