The Wire Mafia (GAME OVER - STANFIELD WINS!)

Managed to catch up some.

FTR I still think JC is town. Don't know what hess is on about (I never do, really). I'd be very surprised if he plays this hands on as scum. Even less so if he were a PR. Doesn't add up.

Kdles looks solid. And I think Lizzie might be town too. His commantary seems genuine. I dont feel like he has some agenda. And another reason I rather not elaborate on.

Barry Sounds good sometimes but other times sorta slips into aggro that seems a bit out of place for me. Not sure yet if it means anything.

The rest are poop.

I have to go to work but I'll try to drop by later 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Managed to catch up some.

FTR I still think JC is town. Don't know what hess is on about (I never do, really). I'd be very surprised if he plays this hands on as scum. Even less so if he were a PR. Doesn't add up.

Kdles looks solid. And I think Lizzie might be town too. His commantary seems genuine. I dont feel like he has some agenda. And another reason I rather not elaborate on.

Barry Sounds good sometimes but other times sorta slips into aggro that seems a bit out of place for me. Not sure yet if it means anything.

The rest are poop.

I have to go to work but I'll try to drop by later 

I find JC suspect for a couple of reasons. First, if you ISO him and look at how he's handled town PR's it's a lot of wanting to lynch them or out them. He really wanted to kill you after doc reveal, claiming he's a body guard. Second, he conveniently dipped out after the spoot flip. Maybe it was just getting busy at work, but the timing is all too convenient IMO. The Spoot bread crumbing was obvious and JC had been out front leading town for most of the game. So to me it felt like he purposely dipped out to avoid that.

He also explicitly suggested that the standfield cop out themselves at one point earlier in the game. He said (paraphrasing) we should lynch kdels after his reveal unless the standfield cop wants to reveal. Obviously that would be most beneficial to someone in the standfield crew.

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Let's talk about that having a doc & body guard in a game. Some have said it could happen. But why would it happen? 

Plus BPV. If the mirroring concept of both crews hold true than there’s BPV on both crews. Therefore, Nyn’s doc claim is more dubious.

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Plus BPV. If the mirroring concept of both crews hold true than there’s BPV on both crews. Therefore, Nyn’s doc claim is more dubious.

I was questioning the bodyguard claim. The doc claim at least has some supporting evidence to it. But I think you're right to still question doc.

Previously we speculated if nyn wasn't doc the opposing faction would take her out. But to your point she could be Barksdale w/bpv.

41 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Previously we speculated if nyn wasn't doc the opposing faction would take her out. But to your point she could be Barksdale w/bpv.

And if scum teams are mirrored, the opposing scum team would know about the BPV. But they also have a RB apparently, with a new mod hard to say if RB would over ride BPV

• Upvote 1

It was only a matter of time. Once Spoot got got, everyone with their ear to the street knew that kdels was true blue. Natural po-lice. He had to go.

The only question would be who pulled the trigger. You see, kdels had pissed off just about everybody you don’t want to piss off. This detail that none of the command wanted? It was him who started it in the first place by blabbing to the judge. The Barksdale Crew? They woulda been slinging dope and coke without any threat to any of the real players in the organization if kdels hadn’t decided to give a **** when it wasn’t his turn to give a ****.

But that’s kdels — the self-destructive streak is what led to his downfall, but its also what made him natural po-lice. So when the news came down, it definitely wasn’t a shock. But the BPD knew they’d lost a detective that they wouldn’t be able to replace.

Kdels, aka Jimmy McNulty, TOWN BARKSDALE COP (even night) w/ WIRETAP ABILITY, has been killed.

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

If you're talking about scum having bpv how exactly does that make my claim "dubious"? If scum have bpv then balance wise town has to have forms of night protection as well.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I was questioning the bodyguard claim. The doc claim at least has some supporting evidence to it. But I think you're right to still question doc.

They cant take me out if I self protect so...

On 7/23/2020 at 11:10 PM, jvill 51 said:

“There you go again,” the Bunk said, “giving a **** when it ain’t your turn to give a ****.”

”What the **** did I do?” McNulty asked, smirking.

He knew exactly what he did. Breaking chain of command, once again, to inform a Baltimore City judge that a state’s witness in the judge’s own courtroom, the only one that hadn’t been intimidated or bought off, the only one who told the truth, had turned up dead, bullet-ridden and mangled, his body strewn on the hood of his car.

Who was responsible? The judge had asked him the same question, and he replied that, of course, it was the Barksdale Crew. They’d been running the towers and the terrace for what seemed like years now, had them running 24/7 for dope and coke. And what’s more, they’d been dropping bodies, a lot of them, and the BPD’s failing strategies hadn’t even produced so much as a picture or DOB for the leader of the operation, Avon Barksdale. The problem was only getting worse now that a new upstart, Marlo Stanfield, alonG with the rest of the Stanfield Crew, had started moving in on Barksdale’s corners and ******* with his suppliers, igniting a drug war on the city’s streets.

But now, McNulty had told the judge, and the judge had called Mcnulty’s superiors and chewed them out, and despite his protestations, everyone in the BPD Homicide Department knew who it was McNulty who was stirring up the sh*t. But, in the end, he got what he wanted. A detail doing real police work, at least if he had anything to say about it, focused on taking down the real players in the Baltimore drug trade. Sure, maybe most of the departments giving up manpower to the squad had taken the opportunity to dump a bunch of humps and house cats, but the guy running the thing, Daniels, seemed like good po-lice.

Who knows, maybe they could do some actual good public work here. What could go wrong?

Roster:

1. Drums, aka Carver, VANILLA TOWN, lynched D1

2. JF80, aka Bunk Moreland, TOWN DETECTIVE, killed N2

3. Spoot, aka Lester Freamon, TOWN STANFIELD COP (odd night) w/ WIRETAP ABILITY, shot N4

4. @Barry McCockinner

5. Dice, aka Herc, VANILLA TOWN, lynched D4

6. @CTM

7. JETS, aka Bodie, VANILLA TOWN, shot D2

8. @Jetscode1

9. JiF, aka Maury Levy, BARKSDALE & STANFIELD LAWYER, lynched D2

10. Stark replaced by @HessStation D1

11. Ape, aka D’Angelo Barksdale, VANILLA TOWN, killed N4

12. Crushluv, aka Marlo Stanfield, STANFIELD CREW ROLEBLOCKER w/ 1x BPV, lynched D5

13. Ballin replaced by @AVM D1

14. @Nynaeve

15. kdels, aka Jimmy McNulty, TOWN BARKSDALE COP (even night) w/ WIRETAP ABILITY, killed N5

16. Paradis, aka Wallace, VANILLA TOWN, lynched D3

17. @Lizard King

It is now Day 1. With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

• Barksdale cop killed N5 - so Barksdale was shooting odd nights & Standfield even nights.
  • Likely we have 1 stanfield and 2 barksdale left, possibly an SK
  • N1 & 3 (barksdale shooting) there was no NK 
    • We know crusher had a BPV, that could account for one of the odd night no kills
    • Could also be nyn protect
  • D2 & N4 there was shotgun/omar
  • JC claims to be town body guard
  • nyn claims to be doc
  • Hess claims to be LD who cleared me
  • AVM is possibly dead irl
  • rule 14

just a summary - did I miss anything?

51 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

nyn should probably die. I just want to ask about AVM. How long do we let this guy do nothing before we lynch him? The guy hasn't posted in the thread since August 7th. Is he even alive?

^ this is exactly where I am at.

To be honest why did kdels just die tho. Crusher was stanfield and had a role block. He had no reason to kill kdels, in fact wouldve prefered alive. So last night Barksdale killed 

However if theres a RB on Barksdale too qnd nyn is doc why not kill kdels immediately by RB Nyn? 

The idea that there is a barksdale RB make it seem like kdels wouldve been dead  at the first opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

N1 & 3 (barksdale shooting) there was no NK 

• We know crusher had a BPV, that could account for one of the odd night no kills
  • Could also be nyn protect

When did kdels claim.If Barksdale has a RB like crusher kdels shouldve died at first chance. But if he claimed after N3 then last night was first chance , I feel like it was day 2 tho

1 minute ago, CTM said:

^ this is exactly where I am at.

To be honest why did kdels just die tho. Crusher was stanfield and had a role block. He had no reason to kill kdels, in fact wouldve prefered alive. So last night Barksdale killed 

However if theres a RB on Barksdale too qnd nyn is doc why not kill kdels immediately by RB Nyn? 

The idea that there is a barksdale RB make it seem like kdels wouldve been dead  at the first opportunity.

It's possible crusher role blocked the barksdale role blocker if one exists?

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's possible crusher role blocked the barksdale role blocker if one exists?

Could be I guess but probably smarter to RB nk target or nyn, rather than blindly ..

More likely crews arent mirrored than that imo

• Upvote 1