Mehta Exclusive with Jamal

These two are meant for each other and they should both go to Dallas.

What bothers me the most is what he said about Gase.   Gase is so disconnected from the players.

He says he will be at camp for his teammates yet he puts all this laundry out there that the players will have to address with the media when they are behind a mic

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jamal-adams-trade-joe-douglas-contract-extension-20200724-vc6zwwpmjrepjii67hojt2t5ri-story.html

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

This tweet sums up JA in a nutshell.... He should go back to One Jets Drive and listen to how GASE talked him up and was heard on mic how much he liked him and the banter back and forth between the 2.  What a F'n backstabber...

This dude doesn't want to be a Jet.. It's Obvious

8 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

This tweet sums up JA in a nutshell.... He should go back to One Jets Drive and listen to how GASE talked him up and was heard on mic how much he liked him and the banter back and forth between the 2.  What a F'n backstabber...

But wheres the lie though? Im honestly looking forward to Next year when Gase is gone myself.

just get atleast 2 premium picks for jamal im good with that . 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

But wheres the lie though? Im honestly looking forward to Next year when Gase is gone myself.

just get atleast 2 premium picks for jamal im good with that . 

I'm not saying I like GASE either, but I'm willing to give GASE one more year to prove he has what it takes to HC the NYJ... As for JA, at this point, I'm sure most JET fans want him gone sooner rather than later. If he does end up staying, I'd sit his a$$ on the bench the entire season.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Did Adams say Gase is disconnected from the team?  Almost as if to suggest he doesn't care? Wow.  Totally didn't see that coming.

Nobody said AG was the next Pete Carroll in terms of personality... All he has to be is respected by his players.

1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

This is brutal stuff. There’s always two sides to every story, but the quotes about Gase are pretty damning. Seems like either Chris Johnson gets involved (not likely now that Adams called out his brother) or Jamal is truly a goner.

If they get rid of an all pro because he’s a complainer it sets a bad precedent.  I doubt Jamal is going to sit for 2 years and not play. 

but management will cave like they almost always do and trade him for below market. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, 68JET11 said:

Nobody said AG was the next Pete Carroll in terms of personality... All he has to be is respected by his players.

The second I heard this guy say he hadn't spoken to one of his injured players in several weeks it told me all I needed to know about how he views his players and the type of leader he is.  This quote from Jamal, even being the egomanica he is, is 100% believable.  Now, can we get rid of both of them please?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

maneesh just can't help himself.  after all, he used to write for the times.  just wtf does adams know about how a head coach should behave?  how many nfl teams has adams been on?  and maybe bowles addressed the team at halftime.  didn't seem to do much good.  does adams want gase to climb up on a chair, naked, and address the team like sam wyche did with the bengals?  i don't see any beef adams has.  he clearly has a much higher opinion of himself and his positional play than the jets do.

• Upvote 1

Guys, I don’t like mannish either but he’s QUOTING Adams. Not some anonymous source like he usually does. You can’t go after the coach, GM and owner of your team and not get traded.

Now that he’s 100% going to be traded, what is realistic that we can get for him? Draft picks are nice but the draft next year will be a total crapshoot with COVID, some colleges may not play any sports.

A player for player swap may be best idea. Yannick is tossed around a lot, I like that idea. Any other good players/package of players that may be on the trade block?

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

These two are meant for each other and they should both go to Dallas.

What bothers me the most is what he said about Gase. Gase is so disconnected from the players.

He says he will be at camp for his teammates yet he puts all this laundry out that that the players will have to address everyone when they are behind a mic

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jamal-adams-trade-joe-douglas-contract-extension-20200724-vc6zwwpmjrepjii67hojt2t5ri-story.html

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

How in the world can any Jets fan swallow any of this article without Antonio Cromartie to confirm the truth of it all?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal and Manish are your two most “believable” Jets commentators. 

Shhh this fits Glenn’s agenda and allows him to ignore the praise the Bell, Gore, Darnold and Alex Lewis put on the coach. It also allows him to ignore Kelechi Osemele saying that he has no beef with Adam Gase’s approach to dealing with injured players. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Dcat said:

Every interview with the players (other than Adams) has been 100% behind Gase.

Same for Miami with the exception of Landry, and a couple of others.

Mehta is just using Adams as a tool to atttack Gase once again.

This is Mehta's do-or-die mission: to denigtrate Gase as much as possible.  So what does he do?  He manipulates our not-to-bright strong safety into doing his bidding.  

Despicable.

Fun fact: when the Jets signed Gase and Adams posted about it on Instagram, Devon Godchaux, DL on the dolphins commented saying, “you got yourself a real one.” Damning words.

• Upvote 1