Mehta Exclusive with Jamal

42 minutes ago, AFJF said:

To be fair, Alex Lewis is a fringe starter who could be looking to gain favor from Gase to secure playing time.  Bell said nothing of Gase's realtionship with the team, only their relationship one-on-one.

26 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I disagree, KRL.  Gore came here becasue nobody else was interested.  I mean, a 37 y/o RB coming off of his worst season as a pro and under 3 YPC in the second half of the year isn't a guy that teams have bidding wars over.  I believe Gore said the Raiders were also interested but what else was he going to say?  "Yeah, nobody called all offseason until Adam picked up the phone".

^^^^ Deflecting

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

This is playing out exactly how some of us predicted.  Right up to jamal blasting the gm and coach and owner and national media lapping it up like milk.

This guy (jamal) is the biggest fraud in the nfl and the media will be falling for it like a big money ponzi scheme.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Not that it really shows on the field all that well, but did it ever occur to FirstLadyMal that Gase might be working on halftime adjustments instead of trying to rah rah the troops in the locker room while they're trying to take a dump at the half?  Ship his ass out of here already. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Fun fact: when the Jets signed Gase and Adams posted about it on Instagram, Devon Godchaux, DL on the dolphins commented saying, “you got yourself a real one.” Damning words.

Gase is so wonderful he seems to have almost universal support among Jet fans, all those championships he's added what 4 Lombardi's to the collection, top offense every year, he's on the same level as Walsh, makes Holgrem look like an idiot.

• Haha 1

Jamal is so jealous of Sam it isn't funny. He's making this scene because despite the fact that Sam has yet to establish himself as a star in this league, he's still the face of this franchise. He's the one who was the central focus when the Jets were looking for a new head coach. He's the one Gase spends all of his time with.

Why? Because he's the QB. No one gives a sh*t about developing a strong safety.

This is all about Jamal throwing a tantrum because Sam gets the attention that he feels he should get. But Sam is well-liked in the media. If Jamal attacked Sam it would expose him as the jerkoff that he is. So instead he goes after the targets that the media will support him on, like Gase and Joe Douglas.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Riggins said:

Gase is so wonderful he seems to have almost universal support among Jet fans, all those championships he's added what 4 Lombardi's to the collection, top offense every year, he's on the same level as Walsh, makes Holgrem look like an idiot.

FFS no one is a "big fan" of Adam Gase.  R-E-L-A-X.

5 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Sam has a bit to prove before he's considered our best player. Highest upside maybe, most important player but not our best player yet. 

Really?  Without Sam 0-3, with Sam 7-6.  He is the best player, and IMO there is no argument.  This may be more the roster sucks balls, but I don’t think so.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Jamal is so jealous of Sam it isn't funny. He's making this scene because despite the fact that Sam has yet to establish himself as a star in this league, he's still the face of this franchise. He's the one who was the central focus when the Jets were looking for a new head coach. He's the one Gase spends all of his time with.

Why? Because he's the QB. No one gives a sh*t about developing a strong safety.

This is all about Jamal throwing a tantrum because Sam gets the attention that he feels he should get. But Sam is well-liked in the media. If Jamal attacked Sam it would expose him as the jerkoff that he is. So instead he goes after the targets that the media will support him on, like Gase and Joe Douglas.

Yes yes yes.  And he knows that darnold should keep improving, that they devoted the entire offseason to improving the OL.  Worst of all for him, he knows that the gm’s priority is to get darnold signed long term, not Jamal.  This is what really burns him.

• Upvote 1

Amazed at the near silence of the Jets on both the Woody and Adams situations.  It's almost like they are trying to limp into training camp while their world burns around  them.  Not the road I'd take.  You have to find something to say to the press other then just putting ear plugs in.

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

FFS no one is a "big fan" of Adam Gase.  R-E-L-A-X.

Yet I don’t understand how people here can say he did a bad job last year.  I would rather evaluate him when he’s got a semblance of an OL and a healthy darnold.  Then if it doesn’t improve, it’s on him.  

• Upvote 3

Adams throwing everybody under the bus except himself. Would think this caves his trade value and is contradictory to what he is trying to accomplish. Not sure I ever saw anyone attack an owner, GM, and head coach all in one sit-down. Everything is money, except if he goes to Dallas, Baltimore and San Francisco.  He just wants out, be a man and say so and don't say its the money doing his talking. If you would play for those three teams without a new contract then just say you don't want to be a Jet. It's ok, really.

4 hours ago, Drums said:

This sucks to read though because I believe what Jamal is saying here and we are stuck with Gase. Awesome. At least I trust JD so far and he seems like a real leader 

Don't believe what you're reading.  It's a JLM* campaign, nothing more.  There's no truth to it.

SAR I

*Jamal Likes Money

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

So Bell, Lewis and Mosley all mean nothing towards what they said. Got it. 

I don’t think you can take anything Adams says seriously. He’s made his agenda clear-do whatever I have to do/say whatever I have to say be traded out of town.

Hes trashed the coach, owner, GM, next up is the QB. 

3 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I don't know the answers to those questions but to me there's a difference between saying a family is worth billions and saying 2 of the individuals in that family (Woody & Chris) can easily absorb a $171 million dollar loss with a business in 1 year with an uncertain 2021.

Some people want to run a business without mixing in their personal funds. Have the business revenue cover its own expenses and hopefully some profit left over.

Just saying.

It's less than 2% of their net worth.  If you have a net worth of, say, $500,000 you aren't going to jump off a building if you lose $10,000.  

The Jets aren't in financial straits.  That's not why Jamal isn't getting paid.  He isn't getting paid because Joe D wants him to prove something this season on his affordable rookie deal.  That's a good decision by a good young GM who doesn't want a reputation as a pushover.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^^ Deflecting

I don't think you understand what that word means. 

It refers to one changing/avoiding the topic at hand to draw attention away from said topic.  Offering an opinion as to why something that happened did in fact happen, is not deflecting, it's diiscussing.

Example:  Manish quotes Jamal.  I comment on quotes from Jamal.  JN Poster changes discussion to me and  my personal opinions of Jamal and Manish due to their popularity.  It's a different conversation as one has nothing to do with the other, thereby deflecting the original topic elsewhere.

Example 2: Discussing whether or not players respect Gase, posters suggest that out of work 37 y/o RB coming off of his worst season signing with Jets proves Gase is a good guy.  I suggest the possibility that elderly running back would have signed with Gase wheter he liked him or not as there were no other options on the table.  

30 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I don’t think you can take anything Adams says seriously. He’s made his agenda clear-do whatever I have to do/say whatever I have to say be traded out of town.

Hes trashed the coach, owner, GM, next up is the QB. 

If we lower the price and if he leaves town and subsequently gets the contract he wants then he will have established a template that is a dangerous precedent.

Better to do whatever is possible to drive his market value into the toilet over then next two years and then dump him onto a much less friendly market. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jamal Adams has officially become my favorite Jets topic of all time.  I didnt think think was possible but he might evoke more emotions than than the legendary Chadwick Pennington.

IMG_9952.JPG

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's less than 2% of their net worth.  If you have a net worth of, say, $500,000 you aren't going to jump off a building if you lose $10,000.  

The Jets aren't in financial straits.  That's not why Jamal isn't getting paid.  He isn't getting paid because Joe D wants him to prove something this season on his affordable rookie deal.  That's a good decision by a good young GM who doesn't want a reputation as a pushover.

SAR

We'll agree to disagree regarding the Jets financial situation but I do agree with the 2nd part regarding Joe D taking a stance with Adams for football management reasons.

• Upvote 1

Remember that time when some of us were like "Uh oh, Jamal just opted out of volutary portion of the offseason a few days before the draft.  He wants out.  And then a few folks commented about this "nothing burger" that was "standard stuff that happens all the time" so why were we trying to "make something out of nothing"?   

Good times.