Mehta Exclusive with Jamal

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Sounds like they're giving a little extra coin to those with medical reasons not to play vs healthy young dudes who opt to sit out.  

The accrued season for “high risk” cases is interesting. Like, asthma makes you “high risk.”

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The accrued season for “high risk” cases is interesting. Like, asthma makes you “high risk.”

It does, but the more interesting factor to me is Obesity.  How many O-linemen would be classed as obese?  Based on who this disease is killing, obese men are among the highest mortality rate based on what I've been told from a couple of doctors I've worked with in the past.  It's basically the underling condition that nobody is talking about.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

Amazed at the near silence of the Jets on both the Woody and Adams situations.  It's almost like they are trying to limp into training camp while their world burns around  them.  Not the road I'd take.  You have to find something to say to the press other then just putting ear plugs in.

no gasoline on the fire

nothing to gain by being dragged into Jamal's temper-tantrum

5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

There's no more gasoline left.   This is a super tanker oil spill. 

lol ... Jamal and Manish are dying to have WJ/JD/AG respond and fan the flames .... they are sooo p*$$ed right now that they are being completely ignored

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, AFJF said:

Jets fans: "Eff Manish and his fake sources. Name the source or it's fake news"

<Manish publishes article with direct quotes from named source>

Jets fans: Whatever

I don't believe a word Jamal Adams says.  He lost all credibility when he's demanding a contract from the Jets and then tells other teams he'll play out his rookie contract if they trade for him. He's a liar and a phony. 

• Upvote 1

I’m was a big Jamal fan. I think he is the best s in the league hands down ( don’t care what tomshane says) but we need to trade him. Bridges have been burned. I would say make him play out his contact and bench him but everyone one knows his mouth won’t shut up and this will go on all season if we keep him. Love the way he plays but we can not keep him. I would call up the bears and see if we can get Allen Robinson for him or another team with a good wr for him. I’ll even take obj right now just to get Adams out of here. Adams is 10x worst then obj. 

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

LOL, the filthy rich Johnson's bought the team for $600M in 2000 and its worth $3.2B in 2020.  Woody Johnson has a personal net worth of $4.2B.  The Jets are #2 in the entire NFL in attendance since 2010 when the new stadium opened, a stadium they share with another team cutting losses in half during non-gamedays.

Take a business course before speaking like a businessman, mmm k?

SAR I

The Jets have also spent over $950 million in FA since 2012. 2nd most in the NFL over that time period. They paid out over $100 million in signing bonuses in 2019. I think they can take an off season off from spending a ton of cash. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Craziest part of that article is how Gase sends in his cronie assistant coaches to address the team when times are tough. Sounds like such a beta move. Hopefully Douglas sees the writing on the wall and gets rid of that guy 

Yeah the guy that started 1-7 then was able to rally his team to finish 6-2 with one of the weakest rosters in the league all while not losing the locker room during the 1st half.  Sounds like a terrible leader. 

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

You say the family has a net worth of $6.3 billion. How many people are in the Johnson family (kids, grandkids, extended family)? How much of that is Woody and Chris' $? How much of that is tied up in trusts and shares in the business? How much of that is net worth on paper? How much are they paying on debt services on the Metlife stadium build (think Wilpons)?

I don't know the answers to those questions but to me there's a difference between saying a family is worth billions and saying 2 of the individuals in that family (Woody & Chris) can easily absorb a $171 million dollar loss with a business in 1 year with an uncertain 2021.

Some people want to run a business without mixing in their personal funds. Have the business revenue cover its own expenses and hopefully some profit left over.

Just saying.

Woody is personally worth $4.2 billion.  He had to make that public when he was appointed ambassador

3 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Amazed at the near silence of the Jets on both the Woody and Adams situations.  It's almost like they are trying to limp into training camp while their world burns around  them.  Not the road I'd take.  You have to find something to say to the press other then just putting ear plugs in.

If they do plan on moving Adams fighting with him in the press is not a good negotiating tactic. 

48 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If they do plan on moving Adams fighting with him in the press is not a good negotiating tactic. 

Who said anything about fighting?  I'm talking about making a single declarative statement.  That's it.  JD knows better than to engage in war of words.

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Yes yes yes.  And he knows that darnold should keep improving, that they devoted the entire offseason to improving the OL.  Worst of all for him, he knows that the gm’s priority is to get darnold signed long term, not Jamal.  This is what really burns him.

Yup. Spot on.

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I say sit in for the season for conduct detrimental to the team.

Then sit him next year just because f*** it.

Then franchise his ass and sit him again.

And don't let him in the training building or on the sideline or in a locker room for the three years we have control of him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

ummmmmmmmmm

no

1 hour ago, Rolloffjet said:

I’m was a big Jamal fan. I think he is the best s in the league hands down ( don’t care what tomshane says) but we need to trade him. Bridges have been burned. I would say make him play out his contact and bench him but everyone one knows his mouth won’t shut up and this will go on all season if we keep him. Love the way he plays but we can not keep him. I would call up the bears and see if we can get Allen Robinson for him or another team with a good wr for him. I’ll even take obj right now just to get Adams out of here. Adams is 10x worst then obj. 

We don't need to trade him. The Jets hold his rights for two more seasons and can then tag him for two more. Adams is prepared to torch his own value just to get out of New York, for his own selfish reasons.

Normally in cases of players versus owners, I will side with the player, because they're the people putting their health on the line for the benefit of the owner and they should get paid.

But Adams is being a whiny bitch and dealing with this in a completely unprofessional manner. He need to sick it up, play hard and demonstrate to another team that he is worth the assets to give up for in a trade with the Jets.

All he is doing now is creating questions in the minds of GMs and owners around the league whether his potential contribution is worth the hassle.

• Upvote 1

You know you’re not playing it well when you’re forced to go to Manish Metha to whine about how unfairly you’re being treated. Adams should be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team- I don’t know who his agent is but he’s getting some really bad advice. And it’s about time Jerry Jones got slapped with some tampering charges too

• Sympathy 2

I'm the furthest thing imaginable from a Gase fan, but there's no perspective that could possibly mean any less at this point than Adams'.  There's also the simple reality, that beyond a handful of quotes of Adams' ongoing incessant whining about anything he can come up with, no matter how self-contradictory they may be, the remainder of this "article" (and I use that term extremely loosely) is filled with an endless stream of completely baseless conjecture.  There is nothing of value to this at all.

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Oh, and just as a quick reminder, Adams still has the same number of career interceptions against starting NFL QBs as any of us.

Although then again, I know @Maxman has said in the past that some current/former players have posted here, so Adams probably doesn't even have that much going for him to even be tied for first among us.

• Sympathy 1

It's just laughable to me that we repeat the same process over & over. And it always falls on the shoulders of the head coach. You mean to tell that they just make the wrong hire time and time and again? 

Kyle Shanahan career record is 25-26. Deemed one of the best coaches in football right now. 

Adam Gase record 30-35 Deemed to be not head coach worthy. 

Organizations matter, Support matters. Shanahan is in great situation. Gm Wants him works well with his other coaches. 

The GM that hired Gase was fired within 6 months of him getting the job. Gregg Williams is not his guy. And Williams wants his job. I'm not saying Adam Gase is a great coach, but no coach ever works out here. It's an organization issue, The team is run very poorly. It's a ownership issue nothing else. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

The GM that hired Gase was fired within 6 months of him getting the job. Gregg Williams is not his guy. And Williams wants his job. I'm not saying Adam Gase is a great coach, but no coach ever works out here. It's an organization issue, The team is run very poorly. It's a ownership issue nothing else. 

A couple of correctins here: Maccagnan did not hire Gase.  Chris Johnson did. Maccaagnan brought the coffee.   Greg Williams has repeatedly said he is not interested in becoming a head coach. 

21 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

It's just laughable to me that we repeat the same process over & over. And it always falls on the shoulders of the head coach. You mean to tell that they just make the wrong hire time and time and again? 

Kyle Shanahan career record is 25-26. Deemed one of the best coaches in football right now. 

Organizations matter, Support matters. Shanahan is in great situation. Gm Wants him works well with his other coaches. 

If we had a competent organization, gase would not be our coach. No way a man looks at what gase has done and says, hes the perfect man for the job. Incomprehensible.

8 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Shanahan was the 9ers 4th head coach in 4 years, and in his first HC job took a team that went 2-12 the year before to the Super Bowl with a top offense and defense in his 3rd season.  Gase, on the other hand, was an already-established failure whose supposed offensive genius has seen no success aside from when he had Peyton Manning calling plays at the line.  The Jets may have issues, including the hire of Gase, but the 2 coaches are incomparable in every single way for a long list of reasons far beyond this team.

In the end, none of this has a thing to do with the babbling nonsense of Adams though, particularly given its an endlessly moving target for whatever he hopes may finally work in his endless stream of failed drivel.  There is nothing repetitive from the Jets about his personal lunacy.

4 minutes ago, Team archer said:

If we had a competent organization, gase would not be our coach. No way a man looks at what gase has done and says, hes the perfect man for the job. Incomprehensible.

That's not the point, He's here regardless we gotta deal with it weather he sucks or not. The franchise doesn't put ANYBODY in a position to succeed. Gases only chance to survive here is Darnold. That's it. Wash rinse repeat. The fanbase will have a new coach to complain about next year the team will continue to suck and it's a never ending cycle. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Shanahan was the 9ers 4th head coach in 4 years, and in his first HC job took a team that went 2-12 the year before to the Super Bowl with a top offense and defense in his 3rd season.  Gase, on the other hand, was an already-established failure whose supposed offensive genius has seen no success aside from when he had Peyton Manning calling plays at the line.  The Jets may have issues, including the hire of Gase, but the 2 coaches are incomparable in every single way for a long list of reasons far beyond this team.

In the end, none of this has a thing to do with the babbling nonsense of Adams though, particularly given its an endlessly moving target for whatever he hopes may finally work in his endless stream of failed drivel.  There is nothing repetitive from the Jets about his personal lunacy.

JD should stand his ground and make him play out the contract if no solution can be found. Unless given an insane offer he can't refuse. Jamal is a great talent, but the team is 16-32 in his 3 years here, He hasn't changed anything here. He has now shown that he's never gonna happy. He's defensive version of Odell Beckham. But if you give him what he wants with a trade then JD has set a precedent that he's a push over. No player will take him seriously again. 

Adam’s is desperate, and has clearly over played his hand. Joe Douglas is the new calm head in the organisation.

Adams will report and will play, if he dogs it, he only destroys his own value. What if he as a bad season? - Who wants a man child On their team, on a long term contract shooting his mouth daily for $15-20 mill per. He’s not a diva QB, he’s a ******* Strong Safety.

Douglas will come out looking like a Boss.