Mehta Exclusive with Jamal

41 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Adam’s is desperate, and has clearly over played his hand. Joe Douglas is the new calm head in the organisation.

Adams will report and will play, if he dogs it, he only destroys his own value. What if he as a bad season? - Who wants a man child On their team, on a long term contract shooting his mouth daily for $15-20 mill per. He’s not a diva QB, he’s a ******* String Safety.

Douglas will come out looking like a Boss.

The fact that Jamal wants out is not news anymore. The only way for him to generate attention (which he feeds off of) is to make outrageous comments about others within the organization. 

What someone needs to do is explain to him how counterproductive this behavior is. If you are an NFL GM/Coach are you trading for and paying m a guy that just made these types of comments about his head coach? Part of Jamals value is his character, work ethic, and leadership. He is destroying that part of his value every time he opens his mouth. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, choon328 said:

I don't believe a word Jamal Adams says.  He lost all credibility when he's demanding a contract from the Jets and then tells other teams he'll play out his rookie contract if they trade for him. He's a liar and a phony. 

I'll wait to hear from Adam Gase.  He's a terrible football coach but he doesn't always lie when he gets called out.

Remember that time it was reported that Gase was "pounding the table" for Jachai Polite in the 3rd round and he was asked about it?  He didn't deny it which tells us it's true, but he said "I don't remember who I wanted".  Yes, because as an NFL head coach, when you get to select 3 premium players once a year, you would totally forget which players you wanted with those picks.  Totally believable.  We're a bunch of dopey fans and we remember most of the players we wanted and our jobs don't depend on being right or wrong.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

I'll wait to hear from Adam Gase.  He's a terrible football coach but he doesn't always lie when he gets called out.

Remember that time it was reported that Gase was "pounding the table" for Jachai Polite in the 3rd round and he was asked about it?  He didn't deny it which tells us it's true, but he said "I don't remember who I wanted".  Yes, because as an NFL head coach, when you get to select 3 premium players once a year, you would totally forget which players you wanted with those picks.  Totally believable.  We're a bunch of dopey fans and we remember most of the players we wanted and our jobs don't depend on being right or wrong.

I remember Gase not being in the draft room after the 1st round and not showing up to any press conferences after the 1st round in the 2019 draft.  So Idk where you're getting your info from. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I remember Gase not being in the draft room after the 1st round and not showing up to any press conferences after the 1st round in the 2019 draft.  So Idk where you're getting your info from. 

The info is coming from Gase's mouth.  He was asked about it in one of his pressers during the season and said he could not recall which player he wanted in that spot.  As if an NFL head coach wouldn't be interested enough in a premium pick to recall who he wanted just a few months earlier.  Totally believable.

11 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Adam, were you lobbying for Jachai Polite with pick 68 during the draft?

Ermm...the NFL draft?  That thing we do once a year when you only get to take a few guys in the top 100 with an eye on having them be the foundation of your team for years to come?  Yeah, uh, I don't remember what I was thinking on that day.

20 minutes ago, AFJF said:

The info is coming from Gase's mouth.  He was asked about it in one of his pressers during the season and said he could not recall which player he wanted in that spot.  As if an NFL head coach wouldn't be interested enough in a premium pick to recall who he wanted just a few months earlier.  Totally believable.

Maybe he didn't want to throw Macc under the bus again.  Ever think of that? Just bc Mehta is an unprofessional clown who will light anyone on fire to get publicity doesn't mean everybody is like that. Gase wants zero publicity or recognition in the media.  That's pretty damn evident

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Maybe he didn't want to throw Macc under the bus again.  Ever think of that? Just bc Mehta is an unprofessional clown who will light anyone on fire to get publicity doesn't mean everybody is like that. Gase wants zero publicity or recognition in the media.  That's pretty damn evident

Yeah, that's the Adam Gase we've come to know and love.  Always putting others before himself.  LOL

Do you have a link to Gase pounding the table for Polite with a quote that he wanted him.
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, Claymation said:

Do you have a link to Gase pounding the table for Polite with a quote that he wanted him.

I linked the video above where he claimed that on what is arguably the most important weekend of the year for every team in the league, the offensive genius with the photograhpic memory can't recall which players he wanted to draft.  And for anyone who believes that line....

Stockholm syndrome has been defined as a condition in which hostages develop a psychological alliance with their captors during captivity.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yeah, that's the Adam Gase we've come to know and love.  Always putting others before himself.  LOL

He's getting fired after this year if Darnold doesn't improve drastically. Who cares about his social skills? He got us Joe Douglas which might wind up being the best thing he does in his Jets career. We got about 5 months to find out

36 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Also, the television doesn't always reflect reality.  Gase was sitting in the corner pouting the whole time.

2 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

He's getting fired after this year if Darnold doesn't improve drastically. Who cares about his social skills? He got us Joe Douglas which might wind up being the best thing he does in his Jets career. We got about 5 months to find out

I'm not so sure of that.  CJ heaped praise on the guy as if he'd just hired the next Bill Belichick.  Having 4 new O-linemen in a year with no preseason games give him an excuse to go 5-11 and come back again.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I linked the video above where he claimed that on what is arguably the most important weekend of the year for every team in the league, the offensive genius with the photograhpic memory can't recall which players he wanted to draft.  And for anyone who believes that line....

Stockholm syndrome has been defined as a condition in which hostages develop a psychological alliance with their captors during captivity.

Who has Stockholm syndrome? We where such a dysfunctional mess Gase and Mac didn't seem to even talk during free agency and the draft. Mac got fired the next week.

2 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Who has Stockholm syndrome? We where such a dysfunctional mess Gase and Mac didn't seem to even talk during free agency and the draft. Mac got fired the next week.

I said it right there in my post.  Anyone who is so high on Adam Gase that they believe it's plausible to have forgotten which players he wanted in the draft, with premium picks no less.  I mean, people can't be that gullable, can they?

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'm not so sure of that.  CJ heaped praise on the guy as if he'd just hired the next Bill Belichick.  Having 4 new O-linemen in a year with no preseason games give him an excuse to go 5-11 and come back again.

I'll give him the excuse with an entire new line and no preseason. Plus our schedule is worse. I don't care about a better record. I'm judging him entirely on Darnold taking a step up or not

3 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I'll give him the excuse with an entire new line and no preseason. Plus our schedule is worse. I don't care about a better record. I'm judging him entirely on Darnold taking a step up or not

In looking at other young QB's he's worked with, I can't say I'm all that excited.  Others may not share my views on Brock Osweiller, Luke Falk and David Fales, but to each his own.

Also, seeing Tannehill light it up without Gase was eye opening.  Dude never looked better in his life until he played for a different coach.

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I said it right there in my post.  Anyone who is so high on Adam Gase that they believe it's plausible to have forgotten which players he wanted in the draft, with premium picks no less.  I mean, people can't be that gullable, can they?

Fair enough. I don't think he had anything to do with the draft. I'm not high or low on him right now. I'm giving him 1 year with an improved roster and Darnold who's the only asset I care about. If he doesn't become a franchise QB we're back to to gutter again

3 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Fair enough. I don't think he had anything to do with the draft. I'm not high or low on him right now. I'm giving him 1 year with an improved roster and Darnold who's the only asset I care about. If he doesn't become a franchise QB we're back to to gutter again

Fair take, but my concern is that he's terrible but Darnold will be good enough to save his ass and allow him to hang around longer than he should.  

Fair take, but my concern is that he's terrible but Darnold will be good enough to save his ass and allow him to hang around longer than he should.  

The thing about Darnold is that I don't EVER see him becoming a polished pocket QB like Manning, Brees, or Brady. His game is all Favre ... And he is not being used this way.

I have the same fear .. he will flash brilliance enough to keep the job but may never touch greatness. Time will tell ... I'm pulling for him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Adam, were you lobbying for Jachai Polite with pick 68 during the draft?

Ermm...the NFL draft?  That thing we do once a year when you only get to take a few guys in the top 100 with an eye on having them be the foundation of your team for years to come?  Yeah, uh, I don't remember what I was thinking on that day.

Definitely looks like a guy who was pounding the table for a player he cut three months later.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Definitely looks like a guy who was pounding the table for a player he cut three months later.

Too bad we'll never now for sure because he "can't remember".

40 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The thing about Darnold is that I don't EVER see him becoming a polished pocket QB like Manning, Brees, or Brady. His game is all Favre ... And he is not being used this way.

I have the same fear .. he will flash brilliance enough to keep the job but may never touch greatness. Time will tell ... I'm pulling for him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I think it took a few years for GB to figure that out.  Atlanta didn't when they shipped him to GB.  Lets hope the Jets figure it out sooner than later.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Too bad we'll never now for sure because he "can't remember".

Gase has made a point of never feeding the media any team info.  That is nothing new nor exclusive to Polite, so doesn't suddenly prove any baseless conclusion attempted to be drawn from it.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely think Gase is an awful coach, but that doesn't make it any less nonsensical to act as though that makes him responsible for the endless incompetence of Maccagnan, or the psychotic tantrums of Adams.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Gase has made a point of never feeding the media any team info.  That is nothing new nor exclusive to Polite, so doesn't suddenly prove any baseless conclusion attempted to be drawn from it.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely think Gase is an awful coach, but that doesn't make it any less nonsensical to act as though that makes him responsible for the endless incompetence of Maccagnan, or the psychotic tantrums of Adams.

You're not wrong, but if you're being asked if you banged the table for the worst pick in the class, it's as simple as saying "he had some attributes that I liked but he wasn't at the top of my list the way he was for some others".  That way he's not insulting the player and letting people know he wasn't asking the team to take him.  But, "I don't remember"?  C'mon now.

I was hoping you had something about him pounding the table instead of him not throwing the former GM of the NY Jets under the bus.

8 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I was hoping you had something about him pounding the table instead of him not throwing the former GM of the NY Jets under the bus.

The question was about whether or not he was pushing for Polite to be the pick.  The answer was "Uh...erm...I wasn't paying enough attention to the NFL draft to recall".  Totally plausible.

This reminds me of many a TV show.  "Fear Factor" and "24" come to mind but the basic idea can be applied to lots more.  Decent products to begin with and both of them novel in their own way.  The problems came in seasons 2, 3, 4 and so on.  They producers always felt that they had to outdo whatever they had done before or risk losing their audience.  At some point both shows became more of a comic parody because of the constant need to top whatever had gone before.

Fast forward to Jamal Adams getting no reaction from the Jets front office....

What next i wonder?  Maybe Adams burning a NY Jets shirt for the cameras in Times square?  

What GM in this galaxy would ever trade for that piece of $h1t? And even if one were willing to make a trade, what are the chances they would make him the highest paid anything in the NFL?  Pretty close to zero I would say.  At this point 31 GMs around the league are watching the train wreck thinking about taking a risk on a one year deal MAYBE in two years time after we let him walk.

There is simply no market for Jamal Adams at any price at this point.

• Upvote 1