Mehta Exclusive with Jamal

Just now, Dcat said:

Every interview with the players (other than Adams) has been 100% behind Gase.

Same for Miami with the exception of Landry, and a couple of others.

Mehta is just using Adams as a tool to atttack Gase once again.

This is Mehta's do-or-die mission: to denigtrate Gase as much as possible.  So what does he do?  He manipulates our not-to-bright strong safety into doing his bidding.  

Despicable.

I've had this discussion before.  There are 53 guys in an NFL locker room.  Not all of them like the head coach.  It's just not something you speak on because it may hurt you down the road.  Ripping current coaches in public is nearly unheard of.  Last time I said this somebody proved my point by saying players publicly criticzed Al Groh 20 years ago.  It doesn't happen that often.  Also, I didn't need Adams to tell me Gase doens't care about his players.  I figured it out based on his reponses to questions about injured players.

And I'm not buying that Jamal only said this because he's so dumb and Manish manipulated him.  These pieces don't happen by accident.  This is a situation where Jamal's camp wanted some things on record and contacted the Daily News to say "Jamal has some things to say.  Let him say them and we'll give you a story sometime down the line".

It's no different from what happened years ago when Mo Wilk was radio silent and wouldn't speak to anyone in the media.  Then, out of the blue, Brian Costello has an exclusive with him when he talks about how poorly he's being treated.

Nobody is manipulating anyone.  This is agents/players deciding how they want to get their message out.  They chose to call Manish.  Mo chose Costello.  These things happen.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

What a team Adams and Mehta make. In one article they get to bash the coach, the GM and basically the entire organization. Adams has already said he wants the owner gone too. Who knows if any of this is true, I think he just wants to get JD to have to come out and address the situation. Adams has to go, preferably to the best  offer from a bad team. I personally could not stand to see him on a winning playoff team. As far as Mehta, the organization should just shun him, open no doors for him, he does no good to this team, ever.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Gase is balls. Mike McCarthy should be our coach right now. 

Shoulda been Matt Rhule, but either way we got the runt of the litter and he's shi**ing all over the new carpet.

• Upvote 1

The News reported at the time that the Jets had been telling people that they had cash flow restrictions during free agency. The result was predictable: Douglas signed a litany of second- and third-tier players to one-year or de facto one-year deals. Any suggestion that the pandemic played a role in the Jets’ offseason strategy was a red herring. The reality is that the Johnsons set a tight budget this offseason long before anyone became aware of the pandemic.

Sell the team Woody.  

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Mehta hates Gase. Nothing Mehta writes anti Gase is relevant.

Again, Mehta is quoting Adams. So unless Mehta is outright lying about the quotes, him writing this is irrelevant.

Our beef with Mehta is he usually makes up unnamed sources. He finally found a source more than willing/happy to talk about everything without any regrets

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Guys, I don’t like mannish either but he’s QUOTING Adams. Not some anonymous source like he usually does. You can’t go after the coach, GM and owner of your team and not get traded.

Now that he’s 100% going to be traded, what is realistic that we can get for him? Draft picks are nice but the draft next year will be a total crapshoot with COVID, some colleges may not play any sports.

A player for player swap may be best idea. Yannick is tossed around a lot, I like that idea. Any other good players/package of players that may be on the trade block?

Knowing his clearly volatile personality, if you are the Owner, Coach or GM of another team, why would you want him? Hey Mike McCarthy would you like us to insert a guy with an outsized ego, big mouth and history of calling out coaches in your locker room? 

7 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Again, Mehta is quoting Adams. So unless Mehta is outright lying about the quotes, him writing this is irrelevant.

Our beef with Mehta is he usually makes up unnamed sources. He finally found a source more than willing/happy to talk about everything without any regrets

He had a burner phone to set up Gase, I put nothing past him. This not meant as a total defense of Gase, it’s meant as Mehta is not reliable.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, JiF said:

JD did Jamal dirty.  Jamal acted like a little bitch.  Gase doesnt care about anything and now this is a total sh*t show.  At this point, you almost just take whatever you can get and move on. 

Go Jets! 

How did JD do Jamal dirty?

If a team calls, and says, "We are interested in trading for Jamal", should JD have simply refused the call?   Or should he listen?   What if he was given some insane offer for Jamal?  If you are the GM, you always pick up the phone.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

uh, maneesh cherry picks and editorializes quotes.  he has an agenda.  how adams answers a question also depends on the way maneesh asks them.  there's a whole lot of manipulation going on here.

• Upvote 2

It’s truly hilarious how just two months ago, most of the fan base was still defending this f*ckhead as “the ultimate team leader”, “a team first guy”, “a true dawg!”, etc.

Plenty of us around here have seen this dickhead for what he is for the last two years.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, chirorob said:

How did JD do Jamal dirty?

If a team calls, and says, "We are interested in trading for Jamal", should JD have simply refused the call?   Or should he listen?   What if he was given some insane offer for Jamal?  If you are the GM, you always pick up the phone.

The article mentions that JD had stated that he was gonna make a first offer to Jamal and then reneged and then said he’d do it but then he reneged again- allegedly.

• Upvote 1

No new news here.  

Just a selfish player trying to get money he doesn’t deserve.  

Good for Douglas for sticking to his beliefs and good for Gase for staying out of it.  It’s how executives in a negotiation are supposed to handle it. 

SAR I

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

So strange how a guy who is an absolute wrecking ball on the football field at the pro level on Sunday's can be such an overemotional baby when the pads come off.

WTF does this even mean?  What does it have to do with a contract negotiation for a person to play football?

“It’s definitely mixed feelings,” Adams told the News in his first comments amid the contract stalemate. “But at the end of the day, my happiness is more important. I know my worth. I’m going to stand on my beliefs. I’m going to stand on who I am as a person. And I’m not ever going to change who I am for somebody who’s judging me. Either you accept me for who I am and you work with me and support me or you don’t. It’s okay if you don’t.”

His feelings about people judging him and asking him to change?  Were the Jets trying to put language in his contract that told him how to dress and what to tweet about, telling him to turn his back on his lifestyle?  Jesus Christ.  

• Sympathy 1