Mehta Exclusive with Jamal

20 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Mehta hates Gase. Nothing Mehta writes anti Gase is relevant.

I get that. Jamal Adams is also becoming borderline cancerous at this point. But I really do hope Gase addresses the whole team at halftime and during other important times. That would be ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Yes, lets all get riled up about the words of a guy who outwardly acknowledges he's trying to shoot his way out of town.

If there's one thing we don't do, it's get riled up about things associated with the Jets say.  Definitely.

18 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Sell the team Woody.  

Don’t be stupid.

“Cash flow” isn’t about the organization’s financial state.  It’s about cap, Covid ramifications, and a big contract coming for one Sam Darnold.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Yes, lets all get riled up about the words of a guy who outwardly acknowledges he's trying to shoot his way out of town.

Unfortunately, it’s what SOJF’s love to do. They live for this sh-t.  “Oh, my team is the worst, oh, I’ll never be a winner, weep for me, look at me.”

Half of JN has huge boners right now, they’ll be stroking their depression all day. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Jamal Adams told a random guy in a parking lot that he was trying to get out of New York. This article is hardly a surprise.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So strange how a guy who is an absolute wrecking ball on the football field at the pro level on Sunday's can be such an overemotional baby when the pads come off.

WTF does this even mean?  What does it have to do with a contract negotiation for a person to play football?

“It’s definitely mixed feelings,” Adams told the News in his first comments amid the contract stalemate. “But at the end of the day, my happiness is more important. I know my worth. I’m going to stand on my beliefs. I’m going to stand on who I am as a person. And I’m not ever going to change who I am for somebody who’s judging me. Either you accept me for who I am and you work with me and support me or you don’t. It’s okay if you don’t.”

His feelings about people judging him and asking him to change?  Were the Jets trying to put language in his contract that told him how to dress and what to tweet about, telling him to turn his back on his lifestyle?  Jesus Christ.  

It reads to me like he's responding to people on twitter criticizing him for demanding a monster new deal. Obviously just a guess, but it does sound weird.

44 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Every interview with the players (other than Adams) has been 100% behind Gase.

Same for Miami with the exception of Landry, and a couple of others.

Mehta is just using Adams as a tool to atttack Gase once again.

This is Mehta's do-or-die mission: to denigtrate Gase as much as possible.  So what does he do?  He manipulates our not-to-bright strong safety into doing his bidding.  

Despicable.

Here you have two people who have different agendas, but their vehicles to achieve them are the same.  Adams wants out so he attacks gase b/c he’s a much easier target than jd.  manish wants inside info and the jd/gase team won’t give him any.  So they use each other to fulfill their own objectives.

i still think gase is bashed unfairly based on his 1 season with the jets.  He did well last year with what he had.  If that offense improves, he’s here to stay.  If darnold/Beckton/mims show they’re the cornerstones for the next decade, then so is gase most likely.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Coward move by Prezmal. Keeping it playa is going to follow him wherever he lands next in this league

I don't mind people criticizing him for saying this but how is it a coward move? To me it would be a coward move to say that anonymously. He put his name on it. Obviously he's doing it for a reason, but I don't see it as cowardly at all.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Jets fans: "Eff Manish and his fake sources. Name the source or it's fake news"

<Manish publishes article with direct quotes from named source>

Jets fans: Whatever

Only a totally naive, gullible dolt would trust anything printed in that atticle, because Mehta's source is Adams, who is on a self-interest driven agenda and can't be trusted to say anything honest.  Same for Mehta himself.  Trusting any of this is just negligently foolish.

• Upvote 2

It's noise, it doesn't matter.  Sam is the leader of the team.  If Mosley is healthy he is the leader of the D.  Adams is going to play for us or get traded for top dollar.   On a 53 man roster young guys who aren't mature or worldly will get frustrated over contracts.  

Douglas may well have been restrained by ownership and the desire to add some players.  Douglas is building a roster.  Adams is a very important player but he's one guy.  

The one great thing in the article, both Gase and Douglas haven't taken the bait.  Adams is out of his league.  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Don’t be stupid.

“Cash flow” isn’t about the organization’s financial state.  It’s about cap, Covid ramifications, and a big contract coming for one Sam Darnold.  

SAR I

Good points, definitely the other side of this story.

That said, this isn't revis who kept his mouth shut until he forced a massive payday/trade. I'm not sure the jets can stand by idly and allow their best player to call out HC, GM and owner. Would be unprecedented and cause ridiculous factions to form in the locker room. How can a guy like Frank gore look at Adams in the face?

I fully expect him to be traded now. Now way woody is gonna stand by and be insulted (whether he deserves to be or not is another story)

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

lol “as a leader.” 

exactly, is he a leader because he keeps telling anyone who will listen he is, or do players actually look up to him? a leader would not continually beat his chest about how great he is, and trash his front office and coaches every chance he gets. shut up and play the game, and don't forget it is a game that you are fortunate be able to play and enrich yourself.

“Suppose you were the last one left? Suppose you did that to yourself?”
 Cormac McCarthy

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, chirorob said:

How did JD do Jamal dirty?

If a team calls, and says, "We are interested in trading for Jamal", should JD have simply refused the call?   Or should he listen?   What if he was given some insane offer for Jamal?  If you are the GM, you always pick up the phone.

Not the trade piece, the contract part.  If JD did promise him they'd talk new deal this offseason and then suddenly said, nevermind. I totally get why Jamal is frustrated.

If JD said he was going to offer him an extension, he should have. However, Adams has acted like an immature child, insulting the owner, gm and coach. Adams is a very good player, but not a great player. He’s not worth the headache at this point. If the jets get offered a first round pick, they should probably take it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Any well run organisation will be hesitant to go near Adams after this. Guy has absolutely decimated his own standing in the league and shown himself to be a first class diva. 

Puts Gase is a pretty horrible position. It was clear he wanted to remain professional and say the right things about Adams. Get him on the field and make sure he has the best team. Adams is trying to force his hand and undermine him to the extent that the situation is untenable. I don't even like Gase but this is such a scumbag move. 

We now have a "locker room leader" saying the coach can't lead. If Gase persists with Adams in a prominent role he only looks weaker. No way owners around the league aren't going to be wary of a player pulling that sort of sh*t. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Nope.  This is a combination of Manish continuing his anti-Gase mission and doing so by using the most easily triggered player on the team, an emotional dimwit who runs his mouth before ever thinking about what he's going to say.  Manish has Adams hooked like a fish.  And of course, Adams and his minions think this is another opportunity to Escape from NY.  

Let's see...  so far...  our very own Snake Pliskin of a strong safety has attacked Douglas multiple times since last year, attacked Gase via Cromartie and now via Mehta (thereby completeing the 69 position that Mehta and Adams are now dispaying), attacked Woody Johnson, attacked his teammates who aren't "dawgs" up to his expectations.....

Adams and Mehta are each a POS.

Manish is only using Adams to the same extent Adams is using Manish. At this point each individuals goal to stir sh-t and be disruptive alluign to both of their benefit.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I get that. Jamal Adams is also becoming borderline cancerous at this point. But I really do hope Gase addresses the whole team at halftime and during other important times. That would be ridiculous. 

borderline?

• Haha 3

I’m no fan of Gase but the team went 6-2 in the last 8 games.  He deserves a second season.  Gregg Williams is a big reason why this team did well in the final 8 games. 

I don’t know how the Jets can get the proper value for Adams at this point.  If I am the Jets I either make him report to camp or trade him to a team without even discussing it with him.  I would also ban Mehta from the locker room.  

• Upvote 1