Mehta Exclusive with Jamal

24 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Good points, definitely the other side of this story.

That said, this isn't revis who kept his mouth shut until he forced a massive payday/trade. I'm not sure the jets can stand by idly and allow their best player to call out HC, GM and owner. Would be unprecedented and cause ridiculous factions to form in the locker room. How can a guy like Frank gore look at Adams in the face?

I fully expect him to be traded now. Now way woody is gonna stand by and be insulted (whether he deserves to be or not is another story)

Yeah but Revis got his money from the Pats and then the Jets and then proceeded to completely dog it on the field. At least up to this point Jamal has performed on the field. 

Honestly.  I've tuned the whole "Trade Jamal" situation out at this point.  Mehta can shoot his wad up and down every Jets forum and social media account... and I could care less.  I am more concerned with Woody's current snafu and how it effects the locker room going forward.  Jamal is that lunatic neighbor upstairs you tune out because the act get old after a while.  Have fun in your childish protestations, Jamal.  Your totally lame.  And frankly, we have other things to worry about.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

JD did Jamal dirty.  Jamal acted like a little bitch.  Gase doesnt care about anything and now this is a total sh*t show.  At this point, you almost just take whatever you can get and move on. 

Go Jets! 

He's under contract.  He's a victim of a monopoly called NFL football.  The dream of being a player at the highest level is gone for him.  The system that rewards guys for their first 4 or 5 years based on slotting is his real problem.  He can't do anything about it. 

He's gone from happy to be here to WTF.  He's right but his frustration with Douglas and Gase is wrongly placed.  If he's really wants to do something about it he should get involved in the Union and make sure the Vets don't throw rookies under the bus in the next contract.  

This is really about the draft and slotting of player salaries.  That has zero to do with Woody, Douglas or Gase.  

Sam Bradford has made over 130 million dollars.  He was drafted before slotting in a free market for rookies.  The Jets own him, he's under contract and has to play for less than his worth on the market.  He signed on to the deal.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not the trade piece, the contract part.  If JD did promise him they'd talk new deal this offseason and then suddenly said, nevermind. I totally get why Jamal is frustrated.

Yeah, if he did do that, it's bad.

I don't really know who is telling the truth there.   GMs lie, that is part of their job.  I also don't 100% Jamal or his agent>

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Don’t be stupid.

“Cash flow” isn’t about the organization’s financial state.  It’s about cap, Covid ramifications, and a big contract coming for one Sam Darnold.  

SAR I

Don't be stupid.

Cash flow absolutely indicates the short term financial state of an organization. 

It doesn't take a genius to see that operating expenses and servicing enormous stadium debt is a drain on the franchise, especially now that about half the team's annual revenue is out the window with no fans in the stands.

The franchise is worth billions but - outside of borrowing more money against that value - can only be monetized by selling pieces of the team.

Cash flow has literally nothing to do with the cap and salary that has yet to be paid.  That's just silly.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Jamal Adams is an absolute coward.

If you still defend him at this point, you are the absolute dimmest bulb in the bunch.

Get him off the team by any means necessary.

He's also violated the locker room.  Players always say that what goes on there stays there

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

He's also violated the locker room.  Players always say that what goes on there stays there

Jamal himself isn't liked in the locker room so I guess it's just a matter of him deciding to really go scorched Earth.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Don't be stupid.

Cash flow absolutely indicates the short term financial state of an organization. 

It doesn't take a genius to see that operating expenses and servicing enormous stadium debt is a drain on the franchise, especially now that about half the team's annual revenue is out the window with no fans in the stands.

The franchise is worth billions but - outside of borrowing more money against that value - can only be monetized by selling pieces of the team.

Cash flow has literally nothing to do with the cap and salary that has yet to be paid.  That's just silly.

LOL, the filthy rich Johnson's bought the team for $600M in 2000 and its worth $3.2B in 2020.  Woody Johnson has a personal net worth of $4.2B.  The Jets are #2 in the entire NFL in attendance since 2010 when the new stadium opened, a stadium they share with another team cutting losses in half during non-gamedays.

Take a business course before speaking like a businessman, mmm k?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Interesting excerpt from the article:

“I don’t feel like he’s the right leader for this organization to reach the Promised Land,” Adams said. “As a leader, what really bothers me is that he doesn’t have a relationship with everybody in the building.

“At the end of the day, he doesn’t address the team,” Adams added. “If there’s a problem in the locker room, he lets another coach address the team. If we’re playing sh---y and we’re losing, he doesn’t address the entire team as a group at halftime. He’ll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it.”

Gase’s recent claim that his relationship with Adams “has been good since the time I’ve gotten here” and “there’s been a lot of dialogue between us” appears to be the latest in a series of exaggerations and/or prevarications. Adams told the News that he hasn’t spoken to Gase since his exit interview on the day after the end of the regular season (Dec. 30).

So, Manish is given conflicting info from both Adams and Gase,  And he immediately assumes Adams is telling the truth, but Gase's statments have been "prevarications and exaggerations".  I don't know who is telling the truth here.  But Manish's anti-Gase bias is certainly showing through.  

I really hope this sh*t is resolved one way or another before the season starts.  

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not the trade piece, the contract part.  If JD did promise him they'd talk new deal this offseason and then suddenly said, nevermind. I totally get why Jamal is frustrated.

Why should we believe anything Jamal says about his dealings with Joe Douglas? This is the same clown who held a week-long press conference in the locker room pretending to be upset about possibly being traded to the Cowboys. He’s full of sh*t top to bottom. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

If the Jets show the entire league that they are puss enough to cave to any player's media trashing, it sets a precident that they will never escape for the rest of your life.  The media is just too vicious, the agents just too greedy, the players just too impatient.

The Jets need to stick to their guns.  They aren't saying a word.  The player is digging himself a hole.  But you know what?  I couldn't care less what Jamal says in July if he plays well and we win in September.  And he needs to play hard to get that big contract next year.  We hold all the cards and no Mehta hit piece is going to change that.  Watching Jamal implode is actually entertaining.

SAR I

Well said, @SAR I. If anything Jamal's actions are making it impossible for the Jets to trade him. He'll be here for at least 2 more seasons if nobody coughs up a colossal offer Joe Douglas can't refuse. 

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

Manish is only using Adams to the same extent Adams is using Manish. At this point each individuals goal to stir sh-t and be disruptive alluign to both of their benefit.

Great point. 4+ pages of comments on this site in an hour. For Manish, it's has been and always will be, all about the clicks...

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

LOL, the filthy rich Johnson's bought the team for $600M in 2000 and its worth $3.2B in 2020.  Woody Johnson has a personal net worth of $4.2B.  The Jets are #2 in the entire NFL in attendance since 2010 when the new stadium opened, a stadium they share with another team cutting losses in half during non-gamedays.

Take a business course before speaking like a businessman, mmm k?

SAR I

Yeah, I'm not going to explain to you how a balance sheet works, I'm sure you can watch a YouTube video or something, but if you're going to conflate franchise value and personal wealth (which is directly tied to the same iliquid asset) with actual financial health of the organization, I can't help you.

You could replace JOHNSON with WILPON and make the same horrible argument.  Have at it my friend.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah but Revis got his money from the Pats and then the Jets and then proceeded to completely dog it on the field. At least up to this point Jamal has performed on the field. 

Come on dude, after Revis 3rd season he was considered the best CB in the NFL, and just finished IMO the most dominant season a CB has ever had.  These 2 are not the same.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Don't be stupid.

Agree 100%.

If I'm not mistaken, when a player gets a contract, the owner has to put that amount of cash in an escrow account to cover the contract (minus whatever signing bonus the player gets at signing). Maybe it's just guaranteed $ that goes into escrow. If the Jets are looking at no ticket revenue for 2020, then that absolutely impacts contracts given in 2020 and 2021. It then depends how deep the Johnsons are willing to go into their own pockets. TV $ and licensing $ will only cover so much of the 2020 operating expenses.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Come on dude, after Revis 3rd season he was considered the best CB in the NFL, and just finished IMO the most dominant season a CB has ever had.  These 2 are not the same.

I'm talking about after his forced his way out of town , then came back and clearly dogged it on the field. To me that's the worst POS move any player can make. I don't care if they whine about money , bitch about about coaches etc... When the whistle blows on the filed of play you better show up. 

If you really want to stick-it to Jamal, giving him what he wants (a trade) is not the way to do it.

Publicly offer him a bump (and he wont accept)

Then, wave the contract in his face...

I'm sorry you are not happy with your contract or our latest offer to further compensate you for your outstanding performance.   We know you are a true professional and that you will use all your powers and all your skills on the field the next two seasons regardless.  We'd also like to have your services well beyond those two years.

Wave contact in his face... 

Good luck out there, son...

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

Interesting excerpt from the article:

So, Manish is given conflicting info from both Adams and Gase,  And he immediately assumes Adams is telling the truth, but Gase's statments have been "prevarications and exaggerations".  I don't know who is telling the truth here.  But Manish's anti-Gase bias is certainly showing through.  

I really hope this sh*t is resolved one way or another before the season starts.  

Sirius Bizz-ness