Mehta Exclusive with Jamal

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'm talking about after his forced his way out of town , then came back and clearly dogged it on the field. To me that's the worst POS move any player can make. I don't care if they whine about money , bitch about about coaches etc... When the whistle blows on the filed of play you better show up. 

These two are not the same.  I’m just comparing the two side by side in their career, I can’t predict what Jamaal does after his 7th NFL season right now.

11 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Lol at everyone suddenly defending gase

That's not what's happening here. It's obvious what Adams is trying to do.  This has nothing to do with Gase.  This has everything to do with Adams and Mehta conspiring to further their own agendas.  

Both of Adams and Mehta can suck my di*k, AFAIC.  I'm fed up with the two of them.  

• Upvote 3

Early in the article it mentions something about the Jets best player. Why wouldn't sambdarnold be mentioned if it's about the Jets best player?

Taking shots at Joe Douglas being in over his head is such a Manish thing to do.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Did Adams say Gase is disconnected from the team?  Almost as if to suggest he doesn't care? Wow.  Totally didn't see that coming.

here is the problem.

Gase isn't going anywhere (despite how much we all hate him)

Just ANOTHER reason Adams HAS to go.

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Jamal is a legit megalomaniac.  

I was completely wrong about his character.  I thought he was the type of person to change the culture.  To build around.  I was completely wrong.  Turns out he's the type that can poison the entire well.

he's a loud mouthed, me first, only me, egomaniacal, piece of sh*t.

and he has to go.

I've been over this guy for a minute. 

dude is just too much.

he's like Kanye.

get him the **** out of here.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

I've had this discussion before.  There are 53 guys in an NFL locker room.  Not all of them like the head coach.  It's just not something you speak on because it may hurt you down the road.  Ripping current coaches in public is nearly unheard of.  Last time I said this somebody proved my point by saying players publicly criticzed Al Groh 20 years ago.  It doesn't happen that often.  Also, I didn't need Adams to tell me Gase doens't care about his players.  I figured it out based on his reponses to questions about injured players.

And I'm not buying that Jamal only said this because he's so dumb and Manish manipulated him.  These pieces don't happen by accident.  This is a situation where Jamal's camp wanted some things on record and contacted the Daily News to say "Jamal has some things to say.  Let him say them and we'll give you a story sometime down the line".

It's no different from what happened years ago when Mo Wilk was radio silent and wouldn't speak to anyone in the media.  Then, out of the blue, Brian Costello has an exclusive with him when he talks about how poorly he's being treated.

Nobody is manipulating anyone.  This is agents/players deciding how they want to get their message out.  They chose to call Manish.  Mo chose Costello.  These things happen.

same in the business world.

but if you speak out about it, you're OUT.

Period.

Like I said yesterday, Adams is like a crazy ex-girlfriend.

The guy has serious emotional problems like Terrell Owens and Antonio Brown. 

I wonder if he's texting JD about his contract 30 or 40 times in a row at 2 in the morning!?

Sadly he was a really good player but his behavior now makes that insignificant. He's now a liability and a cancer.  Now he will be an example.

They should suspend his ass for conduct detrimental, and quite honestly if he's still on the team I wouldn't play him,  I would make him inactive. That's right Jamal Adams healthy scratch!

How do you like them apples f*** face!? I got some news for Jamal Adams.. there are only 32 NFL football teams. There are endless amounts of players that would love to have your spot- You lose!

Adams is a perfect example of what a leader is not!

In fact he's just a dog-

• Post of the Week 2

I am one of Gases biggest detractors, whether he 'engages' with players is totally irrelevant to me.  there have been a ton of NFL coaches with all sorts of different styles that win.  Some are buddies to the players, some almost ignore some players, some are hard asses.  Gase is a bad coach because he is an offensive coach that gets terrible results offensively.

As for Adams he is a big baby that needs to be coddled. 

He is also as I've said repeatedly by far the most overrated player in the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Recall - Manish was 100% behind the Gase hire.  Then Gase gave him a few snarky answers in press conferences, Manish got butt hurt, and now has a personal vendetta against Gase.  It's ******* childish and unprofessional.

I'm not a big fan of Gase either, but it's just so easy to see through anything Manish does.

He really is a little bitch boy - he probably got thrown into lockers and swirlied when he was in H.S.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why should we believe anything Jamal says about his dealings with Joe Douglas? This is the same clown who held a week-long press conference in the locker room pretending to be upset about possibly being traded to the Cowboys. He’s full of sh*t top to bottom. 

Jamal doesnt strike me as a liar.   A diva biotch, sure, but liar?  Nah.  And I dont see any reason for him to lie about this, I feel like that would come out in the wash.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jamal doesnt strike me as a liar.   A diva biotch, sure, but liar?  Nah.  And I dont see any reason for him to lie about this, I feel like that would come out in the wash.

Not lie as much as embellish. It’s a performance. Guaranteed he spends an hour plus in front of the mirror Practicing his facial expressions and celebration dances. Jamal deeply in the mirror,” yeah boy, Prezmal, love you man  !” 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Early in the article it mentions something about the Jets best player. Why wouldn't sambdarnold be mentioned if it's about the Jets best player?

Taking shots at Joe Douglas being in over his head is such a Manish thing to do.

Sam has a bit to prove before he's considered our best player. Highest upside maybe, most important player but not our best player yet. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

48 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Yeah, I'm not going to explain to you how a balance sheet works, I'm sure you can watch a YouTube video or something, but if you're going to conflate franchise value and personal wealth (which is directly tied to the same iliquid asset) with actual financial health of the organization, I can't help you.

You could replace JOHNSON with WILPON and make the same horrible argument.  Have at it my friend.

The Mets are among the worst teams in MLB in attendance, Jets are #2 of 32.  Mets have to pay for their whole stadium, Jets only half.

Fred Wilpon is worth $500M.  Woody Johnson is worth $3.2B.  That's 64x more wealth than Wilpon, in case you're keeping track.

You are confusing the Mets economic troubles with the Jets economic embarrassment of wealth.  "Cash flow" per Jamal Adams is about "cap space", not an organization that was victimized by a Ponzi scheme.  The Johnson's are not cheap.  That's ridiculous.

SAR I

49 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Lol at everyone suddenly defending gase

A team captain teaming up with a media assassin and taking shots at the owner and head coach tells you three things:

1.  He's stupid.

2.  He'll never get the big money he wants.

3.  No owner or head coach will ever trade for him unless its a ridiculous bargain.

SAR I

53 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Agree 100%.

If I'm not mistaken, when a player gets a contract, the owner has to put that amount of cash in an escrow account to cover the contract (minus whatever signing bonus the player gets at signing). Maybe it's just guaranteed $ that goes into escrow. If the Jets are looking at no ticket revenue for 2020, then that absolutely impacts contracts given in 2020 and 2021. It then depends how deep the Johnsons are willing to go into their own pockets. TV $ and licensing $ will only cover so much of the 2020 operating expenses.

All 32 teams will share the revenue drop equally, it's how the NFL is structured.  Each team is estimated to lose $171 million due to lost stadium revenue.

The Johnson Family has a net worth of $6.3 billion dollars.  Whip out a calculator.  This is a silly conversation.  $171 million is a parking ticket to someone worth $6.3 billion.  It's 2.7%.  That's a single bad day in the market.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Jamal Adams is an absolute coward.

If you still defend him at this point, you are the absolute dimmest bulb in the bunch.

Get him off the team by any means necessary.

Honestly, I'd just keep him on the bench for 2 years at this point.  Or trade him to a city you know he'll be miserable in.

• Upvote 1