Mehta Exclusive with Jamal

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

So on one hand you say this but on another you praise Mehta for having a "credible source"?

Are you going to finally see the light, ever?

He's stuck trying to defend a defenseless position on this issue.  Usually that goes nowhere.  No light at the end of that tunnel.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

It's noise, it doesn't matter.  Sam is the leader of the team.  If Mosley is healthy he is the leader of the D.  Adams is going to play for us or get traded for top dollar.   On a 53 man roster young guys who aren't mature or worldly will get frustrated over contracts.  

Douglas may well have been restrained by ownership and the desire to add some players.  Douglas is building a roster.  Adams is a very important player but he's one guy.  

The one great thing in the article, both Gase and Douglas haven't taken the bait.  Adams is out of his league.  

Yep.  Douglas is an actual adult and Gase probably doesn't even read anything on social media or the news.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

That's not what's happening here. It's obvious what Adams is trying to do.  This has nothing to do with Gase.  This has everything to do with Adams and Mehta conspiring to further their own agendas.  

Both of Adams and Mehta can suck my di*k, AFAIC.  I'm fed up with the two of them.  

Adams = Stays On Rookie Deal

Mehta = Loses Credentials

Gase = Gains More Sympathy

Jets = Nothing Changes

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

LOL, the filthy rich Johnson's bought the team for $600M in 2000 and its worth $3.2B in 2020.  Woody Johnson has a personal net worth of $4.2B.  The Jets are #2 in the entire NFL in attendance since 2010 when the new stadium opened, a stadium they share with another team cutting losses in half during non-gamedays.

Take a business course before speaking like a businessman, mmm k?

SAR I

Except he's right.  Metlife stadium is the highest grossing stadium in the world.  In fiscal year 2019 the stadium reported net income of 5.7 billion compared to 5.0 billion for 2018.  The stadium is a joint partnership between the Jets and the Giants.  It's a cash flow bonanza.  It also has operating expenses and debt service.  No fans turns a cash cow into cash drain.  

I suspect Woody doesn't want to turn personal assets into operations.  

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Not the trade piece, the contract part.  If JD did promise him they'd talk new deal this offseason and then suddenly said, nevermind. I totally get why Jamal is frustrated.

2 hours ago, jetlaw said:

If JD said he was going to offer him an extension, he should have. However, Adams has acted like an immature child, insulting the owner, gm and coach. Adams is a very good player, but not a great player. He’s not worth the headache at this point. If the jets get offered a first round pick, they should probably take it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Yeah, if he did do that, it's bad.

I don't really know who is telling the truth there.   GMs lie, that is part of their job.  I also don't 100% Jamal or his agent>

There was a global pandemic and the city Douglas and Adams work in was essentially on fire.  The salary cap is potentially about to drop as a result.  Circumstances change.  Deal with it, Jamal.

No one should give a sh*t about Jamal Adams' hurt feelings.  Anything JD did wrong, Jamal has been 1000x worse.  It was not proportional wrongs at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Douglas does deserve some blame in this for his 'Want to make jamal a jet for life' comment.  I think he naively did not know the type of person he was dealing with, one who would take that kind of gm speak at 100% face value and throw it back in his face.  He NEVER should have said that.

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Any well run organisation will be hesitant to go near Adams after this. Guy has absolutely decimated his own standing in the league and shown himself to be a first class diva. 

Puts Gase is a pretty horrible position. It was clear he wanted to remain professional and say the right things about Adams. Get him on the field and make sure he has the best team. Adams is trying to force his hand and undermine him to the extent that the situation is untenable. I don't even like Gase but this is such a scumbag move. 

We now have a "locker room leader" saying the coach can't lead. If Gase persists with Adams in a prominent role he only looks weaker. No way owners around the league aren't going to be wary of a player pulling that sort of sh*t. 

If Jamal doesn't want to play, he owes the org $40,000 per week.  

If he dogs it and gets benched, his value around the league will suffer, making him less likely to get traded somewhere he wants to be.

Nothing Jamal can do to hurt the Jets right now, other than silly media hit pieces like these that Douglas and Gase don't seem to care much about (nor should they).

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Except he's right.  Metlife stadium is the highest grossing stadium in the world.  In fiscal year 2019 the stadium reported net income of 5.7 billion compared to 5.0 billion for 2018.  The stadium is a joint partnership between the Jets and the Giants.  It's a cash flow bonanza.  It also has operating expenses and debt service.  No fans turns a cash cow into cash drain.  

That number can't be right.  The entire NFL only does $5.5 billion in stadium revenue and I can't believe that MetLife on its own, even with concerts and soccer, could outperform the whole NFL.

The Jets stand to lose somewhere between $150M and $250M from what I can find.

Based on the 2018 season, the Jets earned $218 million of a reported $475 million directly from operations at MetLife Stadium. If fans are barred from games, that would equate to roughly a 45.8 percent loss in revenue. The $218 million loss tied for fifth-most in the league with the Texans behind the Cowboys ($621 million), the Patriots ($315 million) and the Giants ($262 million), who share MetLife with the Jets.

The trickle-down effect would hit the players, too. Players will earn 47 percent of football-related revenue in 2020 as part of the newly-signed collective bargaining agreement, but that number will surely be lower than in years past. If you look even further down the line, these losses could even lower the salary cap for the 2021 league year even after it increased by $10 million to $192 million this season.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/21/new-york-jets-could-lose-over-200-million-in-stadium-revenue-if-nfl-season-played-without-fans-coronavirus-pandemic-social-distancing-metlife-stadium/

SAR I

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Jamal himself isn't liked in the locker room so I guess it's just a matter of him deciding to really go scorched Earth.

Yep.  This should be the last nail in the coffin for anyone who still wants to claim Jamal Adams is a leader and beloved by his teammates.

Not even close.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

Lol at everyone suddenly defending gase

Least surprising post in the thread from one of Jamal's few remaining supporters.

I was waiting for you to show up.

And hell yes I'll defend Gase over Jamal Adams.  Gase may suck but at least he acts with a modicum of professionalism.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Jamal is a legit megalomaniac.  

I was completely wrong about his character.  I thought he was the type of person to change the culture.  To build around.  I was completely wrong.  Turns out he's the type that can poison the entire well.

If only there were people predicting this months ago....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Recall - Manish was 100% behind the Gase hire.  Then Gase gave him a few snarky answers in press conferences, Manish got butt hurt, and now has a personal vendetta against Gase.  It's ******* childish and unprofessional.

I'm not a big fan of Gase either, but it's just so easy to see through anything Manish does.

He really is a little bitch boy - he probably got thrown into lockers and swirlied when he was in H.S.

The main sin to Mehta was Gase replaced Macc with Douglas.  Macc gave Mehta material.  Douglas doesn't. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

Lol at everyone suddenly defending gase

Had one of the 3 worst rosters in all of football.  Was in Year 1 with a new system and a QB who was out for several games and then likely playing at 70-80% the rest of the way.  Lost his best player on defense in Week 1 to a groin injury.  Went 6-2 to finish the year while dragging a mouthy, whiner at SS with him to the finish line.  Gase doesn't need to be defended.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So on one hand you say this but on another you praise Mehta for having a "credible source"?

Are you going to finally see the light, ever?

It's a direct quote that sounds dumb.  The words are out of the player's mouth.  That has zero to do with the person transcribing the words.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Nope.  This is a combination of Manish continuing his anti-Gase mission and doing so by using the most easily triggered player on the team, an emotional dimwit who runs his mouth before ever thinking about what he's going to say.  Manish has Adams hooked like a fish.  And of course, Adams and his minions think this is another opportunity to Escape from NY.  

Let's see...  so far...  our very own Snake Pliskin of a strong safety has attacked Douglas multiple times since last year, attacked Gase via Cromartie and now via Mehta (thereby completeing the 69 position that Mehta and Adams are now dispaying), attacked Woody Johnson, attacked his teammates who aren't "dawgs" up to his expectations.....

Adams and Mehta are each a POS.  

So you think Jamal Adams has just been sitting around all this time waiting for somebody to call him and request an interview?  His team had nothing to do with getting this pushed as camp is kicking off?  Okay.

Edited by AFJF

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That number can't be right.  The entire NFL only does $5.5 billion in stadium revenue and I can't believe that MetLife on its own, even with concerts and soccer, could outperform the whole NFL.

The Jets stand to lose somewhere between $150M and $250M from what I can find.

Based on the 2018 season, the Jets earned $218 million of a reported $475 million directly from operations at MetLife Stadium. If fans are barred from games, that would equate to roughly a 45.8 percent loss in revenue. The $218 million loss tied for fifth-most in the league with the Texans behind the Cowboys ($621 million), the Patriots ($315 million) and the Giants ($262 million), who share MetLife with the Jets.

The trickle-down effect would hit the players, too. Players will earn 47 percent of football-related revenue in 2020 as part of the newly-signed collective bargaining agreement, but that number will surely be lower than in years past. If you look even further down the line, these losses could even lower the salary cap for the 2021 league year even after it increased by $10 million to $192 million this season.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/21/new-york-jets-could-lose-over-200-million-in-stadium-revenue-if-nfl-season-played-without-fans-coronavirus-pandemic-social-distancing-metlife-stadium/

SAR I

https://investor.metlife.com/financials/annual-reports/default.aspx

Metlife Stadium has the highest revenue of any stadium in the world.  You can look through the annual report.  

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

So you think Jamal Adams has just been sitting around all this time waiting for somebody to call him and request an interview?  His team had nothing to do with this interview?  Okay.

I think Jamal Adams is growing increasingly desperate to get traded and knows he has about three days left to do it before he has to put a Jets jersey on again

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I'd trade him for a family bag of Doritos and a case of Evil Genius - Stacy's Mom IPA.  I cant stand these personality guys.

Same, who does Jamal think he is.  It's our job to be disgruntled and kill the owner, GM and HC.  Jamal should STFU. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Douglas does deserve some blame in this for his 'Want to make jamal a jet for life' comment.  I think he naively did not know the type of person he was dealing with, one who would take that kind of gm speak at 100% face value and throw it back in his face.  He NEVER should have said that.

I wonder if the Johnsons have anything to do with the fact that Jamal is still on the team. I have a feeling JD had a trade he liked with the Cowboys ready to go, but got vetoed by ownership. Jamal doesn't seem like the kind of player Gase wants on his roster as he's had mouthy seemingly self absorbed players traded over his HC career.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think Jamal Adams is growing increasingly desperate to get traded and knows he has about three days left to do it before he has to put a Jets jersey on again

The team is shifting (finally) to offense and he also saw that a lot of these no-name defensive players actually played well last year.  He also knows that his position is unlikely to get the big contract, he played his hand but appears to be losing.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is also true.

Watch for Jamal to try this as soon as he checks in...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Send him home as the Bucs did with Keyshawn and tell him you'll see him next year.  Maybe.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was trying to massage Jamal's massive ego.  It was the smart PR decision to say that.  Then, once Jamal's demands clearly were demonstrated to be unreasonable, he could frame it as Jamal being the problem, not the Jets.

Even now I still don't think Jamal is winning the PR battle on this one.  The more he talks the more people will tune him out.

How many megalomaniacs does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 

Mehta is a five year old who's just pissed that Gase ran his sources out of town. And is pissed that Douglas wont feed him info. 

This fraud is a prime example of why people no longer respect the media. This isnt reporting, this is hit piece after hit piece trying to sabotage the organization.

I stg they let this guy into camp but we're not allowed to get KRL Camp Notes I'm rioting.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This.  Jamal is deploying the nuclear option at this point.  His game plan has been one of apparently increasing agitation to the team and organization.  He started slow but is working his way up....

1. Passive-aggressive tweeting that ignores Jets posts and puts Likes on posts from the Dallas Cowboys, their rookie WR, etc.

2. Complimenting every player who gets a big, new deal (Mahomes, etc.) without realizing those guys are true leaders and never bitched about their contracts to the media.

3. Rolling down the window of his Mercedes to yell to a fan in a parking lot that he's "trying to" get traded to the Cowboys.

4. Calling out the owner on Twitter (the guy who pays him) after a report of the owner possibly being investigated for comments.

5. Calling out the Head Coach as a bad leader.

Where does he go from here?  Fly a banner over One Jets Drive that says "Trade me", firebomb the building, tear down a statue, bang the ballboy?

This narcissist has always had a little bit of a screw loose.  He's trying to up his game....but he's really just digging a deeper hole IMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

I just don't see how Jamal can walk into training camp & look the Owner, GM, HC & Teammates in the face after all this commotion. 

He created the commotion.  He started the fire.

If he doesn't show up for work then he gets fined.

Do you know what happens to most of us if we call out our bosses, trash the organization and demand to be paid more?  I don't have to tell you.

• Upvote 2