Mehta Exclusive with Jamal

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That annual report is for MetLife Insurance company.  The word "stadium" does not appear in any of its 324 pages.

SAR I

How does metlife’s financials have anything to do with the jets? I thought MetLife is paying a yearly lease to put their name on the stadium. If anything, this is a business expense only on their financials.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That annual report is for MetLife Insurance company.  The word "stadium" does not appear in any of its 324 pages.

SAR I

I stand corrected.  I believe it's still the highest grossing stadium in the world.  Sorry about that the link I asked for was the stadium.  

• Upvote 1

Jamal Adams takes aim at Jets coach Adam Gase: 'Don't feel like he's the right leader'

Chris Bumbaca
USA TODAY

Woody Johnson isn't the only person among New York Jets brass that Jamal Adams has taken issue with this week. The team's star safety, who is seeking a trade, moved his criticisms from the owner to the current head coach, Adam Gase. 

"I don't feel like he's the right leader for this organization to reach the promised land," Adams told the New York Daily News. "As a leader, what really bothers me is that he doesn't have a relationship with everybody in the building."

"At the end of the day, he doesn't address the team. If there's a problem in the locker room, he lets another coach address the team. If we're playing (expletive) and we're losing, he doesn't address the entire team as a group at halftime. He'll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it."

Adams told the New York Daily News he will not hold out and plans to report to training camp on time next week. Prior to his trade demand, the All-Pro safety desired a contract extension. In January, he tweeted, "I want to be in New York!" and that he believed a deal would be reached.

Adams, 24,  is entering his fourth season and is due to make $3.6 million in 2020; the Jets have already picked up his fifth-year option for 2021, when he's scheduled to earn $9.9 million. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2020/07/24/jamal-adams-rips-new-york-jets-coach-adam-gase-leadership/5501444002/

Didn't see a thread with this as yet (it could be buried in another Jamal Thread)

39 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So you think Jamal Adams has just been sitting around all this time waiting for somebody to call him and request an interview?  His team had nothing to do with getting this pushed as camp is kicking off?  Okay.

I think this is a ploy, carefully planned by Mehta and he got Adams to do just what he wanted him to do. 

Okay.

You think this was all just honest, spontaneous discussion by the two of them?   

Okay.

19 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

How does metlife’s financials have anything to do with the jets? I thought MetLife is paying a yearly lease to put their name on the stadium. If anything, this is a business expense only on their financials.

19 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I stand corrected.  I believe it's still the highest grossing stadium in the world.  Sorry about that the link I asked for was the stadium.  

No worries Biggs.  Big picture, yes, the Jets are going to lose 45% of their annual revenue.  But they are a very wealthy NFL franchise with filthy rich ownership and will weather the storm.  So Jamal saying the Jets are being cheap with the cash for him is erroneous.  

And-  think about what he's implying.  If the Jets are indeed cash-strapped (again, they aren't but just for the sake of fun) Jamal is saying pay ME an extra $15M RIGHT NOW and if that means you have to lay off the staff in Florham Park, that's fine with me.  

The scenario isn't real, the Jets aren't in financial trouble, but think about what Jamal is saying and its incredibly selfish.  Let's lay off the security guards, the kitchen staff, the marketing group, but pay ME my money.  What an awful human being.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Mets are among the worst teams in MLB in attendance, Jets are #2 of 32.  Mets have to pay for their whole stadium, Jets only half.

Fred Wilpon is worth $500M.  Woody Johnson is worth $3.2B.  That's 64x more wealth than Wilpon, in case you're keeping track.

You are confusing the Mets economic troubles with the Jets economic embarrassment of wealth.  "Cash flow" per Jamal Adams is about "cap space", not an organization that was victimized by a Ponzi scheme.  The Johnson's are not cheap.  That's ridiculous.

SAR I

LOL.  You are a piece of work.  Listen you can conflate the NY Jets Football Club with Woody Jonson's personal wealth all you want - it doesn't change the fact that his football business - while worth a ton - is cash flow challenged. If he has the means to dip into his own pocket and throw it into the business, he certainly hasn't done it any time recently as the team's salary has hovered around the cap floor not the ceiling.   

And not that it matters but Wilpon is worth a lot more than $500m.  Cohen just offered 2 billion for the team and 2 billion for SNY. Clearly that valuation of assets pushes Wilpon's net worth far higher. And when he sells, he will be something that Woody isn't - liquid.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Craziest part of that article is how Gase sends in his cronie assistant coaches to address the team when times are tough. Sounds like such a beta move. Hopefully Douglas sees the writing on the wall and gets rid of that guy 

Not crazy at all.  To do it your way would be completely dysfunctional.

CEO's don't communicate directly to the lower levels of the organization.  They could, they should a few times a year, but the day-to-day direction has to come from their immediate supervisors or else they disregard what they're saying and render them ineffective.

Same for an NFL head coach.  If he's pissed at the play of a DB, he's first going to go to the defensive coordinator, perhaps the DB coach.  To have Gase go over the heads of Gregg Williams, Frank Bush, Leigh Torrence, Dennard Wilson, and Chip Vaughn would be a  huge breach of protocol and undermine their authority.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I think this is a ploy, carefully planned by Mehta and he got Adams to do just what he wanted him to do. 

Okay.

You think this was all just honest, spontaneous discussion by the two of them?   

Okay.

Never said spontaneous.  Far from it.  It was Jamal and his camp deciding how they wanted to get his message out there that Gase is terrible and Joe D lied to him as a last-ditch effort to get traded.  In these situations, a camp will generaly decide who they would like to have put the story out and contacted Manish.  No idea why not Cimini and clearly not Costello because he's team Gase in exchange for info.  Costello actually wrote a story after the Miami loss last season saying Gase should be on the chopping block. Literally 3 or 4 days later he wrote a story saying the Jets would be crazy to fire Gase.  You can actually pinpoint where they got him to back off in exchange for info.  It's how the game is played.  This is the game.

Just now, SAR I said:

Not crazy at all.  To do it your way would be completely dysfunctional.

CEO's don't communicate directly to the lower levels of the organization.  They could, they should a few times a year, but the day-to-day direction has to come from their immediate supervisors or else they disregard what they're saying and render them ineffective.

Same for an NFL head coach.  If he's pissed at the play of a DB, he's first going to go to the defensive coordinator, perhaps the DB coach.  To have Gase go over the heads of Gregg Williams, Frank Bush, Leigh Torrence, Dennard Wilson, and Chip Vaugh would be a  huge breach of protocol and undermine their authority.

SAR I

Gase doesn’t even address the team at halftime! The guy is a complete wuss. He has completely isolated himself from the players. That’s not a good coach. We want a coach who can communicate to the players.

03AA1BB6-10F3-4D87-B18F-46BA736D2B09.jpeg

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Craziest part of that article is how Gase sends in his cronie assistant coaches to address the team when times are tough. Sounds like such a beta move. Hopefully Douglas sees the writing on the wall and gets rid of that guy 

I was reading the papers in Miami a while back - he did the same thing with the Dolphins so it shouldn't be a surprise. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

The players are like an ex you dumped because you got tired of their act. They run their mouth about how horrible you are meanwhile they're trying to get you back.  We all have detractors, the key is whether or not you respect the source of such. 

Combine their comments with Gase's attitude toward injured players and it's a clear window in to how he views his guys.  

2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

LOL.  You are a piece of work.  Listen you can conflate the NY Jets Football Club with Woody Jonson's personal wealth all you want - it doesn't change the fact that his football business - while worth a ton - is cash flow challenged. If he has the means to dip into his own pocket and throw it into the business, he certainly hasn't done it any time recently as the team's salary has hovered around the cap floor not the ceiling.   

And not that it matters but Wilpon is worth a lot more than $500m.  Cohen just offered 2 billion for the team and 2 billion for SNY. Clearly that valuation of assets pushes Wilpon's net worth far higher. And when he sells, he will be something that Woody isn't - liquid.

A balance sheet deficit doesn't mean anything if its only 2% of your net worth.

Let's say your net worth is $700,000.  Are you going to lose sleep, leave your wife, and sell your house because in a calendar year you lost $14,000 in the market?

The Johnson Family has so much money they can bail out the Jets for decades before worrying about it.  A single year for a pandemic is an anomaly that, while financially unfortunate, isn't indicative of a core revenue problem.  The Mets may be in significant trouble with a down year, but not the Jets.  Wilpon is small potatoes with a $500M net worth.  The Johnson's are sitting pretty at $6.3B.  In fact (checking right now) I believe the Jets have the richest owner in all of NY sports.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Gase doesn’t even address the team at halftime! The guy is a complete wuss. He has completely isolated himself from the players. That’s not a good coach. We want a coach who can communicate to the players.

03AA1BB6-10F3-4D87-B18F-46BA736D2B09.jpeg

When you say he's "just an offensive coordinator" and needs to make adjustments, this is exactly what you want to see.  In game, trailing, need to design something better, sitting there taking responsibility, working away.

But when it suits your stupid argument, no, he's not the offensive coordinator, no, he's "the head coach of the whole team" and needs to grab a pair of pom-poms.

Stay off the weed.  Not all Jets fans are as gullible as you are, Sheldon.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Are you talking about the listing the fines for people not being at rehab and such that Quincy E complained about? I haven't heard much about injuries otherwise.

He was asked a question about a player who was rehabbing from injury and he said he didn't know the answer because he hadn't spoken to him in a few weeks (I believe it was Osemele), and then Falk who filed a grievance agaisnt the team for how his injury was handled.  Then the Enunwa thing, in which IIRC, Enunwa said Gase hadn't touched base with him in weeks/months.  So whether or not we think Quincy was right or wrong to skip out on a session, it doesn't change the fact that Gase has no interest in the well being of his guys.  As I've said in previous threads, there may have been a time when coaches could treat players as if they were disposable.  That is no longer the case IMO.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When you say he's "just an offensive coordinator" and needs to make adjustments, this is exactly what you want to see.  In game, trailing, need to design something better, sitting there taking responsibility, working away.

But when it suits your stupid argument, no, he's not the offensive coordinator, no, he's "the head coach of the whole team" and needs to grab a pair of pom-poms.

Stay off the weed.  Not all Jets fans are as gullible as you are, Sheldon.

SAR I

He can’t put together an average offense. He has no redeemable qualities 

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Adams....talking about leadership.

lol

It’s amazing isn’t it.  He has spent the last few months crying like a baby About getting a Mega deal as well as posting videos of Cowboys players and not his own teammates.  Yet according to him he is a “leader” ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He can’t put together an average offense. He has no redeemable qualities 

Only so much you can do when your QB is Ryan Tannehill(and is injured) and Sam Darnold. Let's see what he can do with a healthy Darnold along with some weapons - and I am not a Gase fan; I think he's in way over his head.