Jets Players Offer Conflicting Views of Life Under Adam Gase

Jamal Adams

As you’ve surely heard by now, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News interviewed Jets star safety Jamal Adams who, to put it mildly, trashed head coach Adam Gase as training camp gets ready to kick off.  Interestingly enough, running back Le’Veon Bell claimed otherwise just a few days ago.

According to Mehta, Adams had this to say about Gase:

“At the end of the day, he doesn’t address the team.  If there’s a problem in the locker room, he lets another coach address the team. If we’re playing sh—y and we’re losing, he doesn’t address the entire team as a group at halftime. He’ll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it.”

In fairness to Gase, it’s not uncommon to focus on his side of ball, in this case being offense.  However, as poorly as the Jets played last season, it would be quite concerning if Gase never felt compelled to take the floor in front of the whole team in order to regroup and refocus.  However, the comments from Adams differ quite strongly from running back Le’Veon Bell, who spoke about Gase last week and had glowing reviews.

“I’ve never played for an offensive-minded coach. So I’ve talked to him more than any other coach that I’ve ever talked to… I don’t get how people get that relationship thing… But since I got there, me and him have no problems”

This time around, in fairness to Bell, he is addressing his personal relationship with Gase, saying nothing about how Gase works with the rest of the team.

Even before being hired to take over in New York, there  were whispers regarding Gase’s treatment of his players and that hasn’t gone unnoticed as mentioned by Connor Rogers of Bleacher Report.

There is a very clear reoccurring theme with Adam Gase and abysmal player relations but that’s not news

— Connor Rogers (@ConnorJRogers) July 24, 2020

But as mentioned by another Conner, this time of the Hughes variety, if Adams had such an issue with Gase, why would he be willing to sign an extension just a couple of months ago?

Odd to me Jamal Adams was willing & open to signing an extension with the #Jets this offseason in spite of all these issues with Adam Gase.

If he disliked him so much, and questions his leadership as he did on record to @MMehtaNYDN, why not ask for the trade after season?

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) July 24, 2020

Plenty of conflicting views and opinions on the Jets current predicament, putting a damper on the start of the camp as only the Jets can.

The post Jets Players Offer Conflicting Views of Life Under Adam Gase appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
iE3_eacyCbs

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

6-2 over the last 8 weeks doesn't sound like a coach who lost his team.

Adams is right to want to leave.  Any player with any semblance of leverage wouldn’t want to play for Gase.   and to anyone saying it’s all about the money -  He has a list of teams with which he

I mean they brought in a first ballot no nonsense/football only player in Frank Gore who came here because of Gase, but yeah Jamal Adams. Get lost. The contract will come when you make more plays.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JetNation said:

But as mentioned by another Conner, this time of the Hughes variety, if Adams had such an issue with Gase, why would he be willing to sign an extension just a couple of months ago?

Odd to me Jamal Adams was willing & open to signing an extension with the #Jets this offseason in spite of all these issues with Adam Gase.

If he disliked him so much, and questions his leadership as he did on record to @MMehtaNYDN, why not ask for the trade after season?

eddie murphy laughing GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean they brought in a first ballot no nonsense/football only player in Frank Gore who came here because of Gase, but yeah Jamal Adams. Get lost. The contract will come when you make more plays.

Frank Gore loves football.  He's 37 years old and averaged fewer than 3 YPC in the second half of the 2019 season.  How many teams do you think were banging down his door during the 16th wave of free agency?

• Upvote 4
32 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look he wants out for money. So he insults the owner and the head coach. Esp the owner it could work. If he was on Dallas and was trashing Jones he would be out, too. 

Jones would probably have one of his bioengineered ninja callgirls take care of him. 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Giants trash

redskins trash

Oakland was an ok team

loss to the bengals lol

barely survived trash miami lol

Destroyed by bal but who didnt see that coming

Beat pitt with no Rothlisberger by 6

and beat the buffalo 4th stringers.

oh man my locker room must sleep well at night.

so basically the jets had sex with a bunch of ugly stinking fat chicks but I guess it still counts on the scoreboard.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2
40 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Frank Gore loves football.  He's 37 years old and averaged fewer than 3 YPC in the second half of the 2019 season.  How many teams do you think were banging down his door during the 16th wave of free agency?

That's fair. But I dont see Gore's endorsement of Gase as lip service. Mclendon seemed to voice his opinion on the matter too- who's a former Steeler. Willie Colon has mentioned this a few times too, there's a no nonsense/football only element to Pittsburgh that Adams and the Jets organization has ever seemed to embrace. I'll take their word over Adams', who's been talking since he's been here.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

@SAR I (That 6-2 didn't look like a team that quit on their head coach)

Exactly right.  

Don't let the Jamal Adams Misinformation Campaign win, folks.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Winning solves everything unfortunately Gase doesn’t do that. 

Hey Mick, tell me what head coach is going to win with the team that Gase has had with the Jets so far. Are you kidding me? I'm not saying that he's a great coach yet but give him a chance, he hasn't had one yet, and I don't want to hear about Miami.

• Upvote 4
3 hours ago, nycdan said:

+1000

This has nothing to do with Adam Gase.  Jamal Adams continues with the low blows.

Jets need to keep him at all costs at his rookie deal.  Send a loud message that the franchise won't be manipulated like this.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

It's getting to the point where you suspend him and let him rot for two years and then go in free agency.

For a guy that thinks he's a billion dollar safety, but plays like a million dollar one, he sure has perfected the whining cry-baby antics of another former secondary player for the NY Jets....

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Frank Gore is a first ballot what? I hope you're not talking Hall of Famer, because that he isn't...

And that's the 2nd time today I'm reading that he signed here because we have an absolute hack at the HC position. Can someone please provide a link to a quote that verifies this? Because I'm quite sure there isn't one player in the NFL that sees a coaching roster with "Adam Gase" (just typing that loser's name made me throw up in my own mouth 🤢) and says to himself: "He's there? Boy oh boy I better sign onto that squad, post-haste!"

6 hours ago, JetNation said:

if Adams had such an issue with Gase, why would he be willing to sign an extension just a couple of months ago?

Exactly my thoughts. It's all just the ramblings of a petulant child.  That's all this is. 

I'm telling you now if I was the GM I would call Jamal and say one sentence.  "4 more years buddy"   :)  

• Haha 2

Adams is right to want to leave.  Any player with any semblance of leverage wouldn’t want to play for Gase.  

and to anyone saying it’s all about the money -  He has a list of teams with which he would play without an extension. 

it’s not Adams. It’s Gase. 

• Thumb Down 10
  • Confused 1

Adam Gase is awesome!!

Jamal Adams sucks!

Gase will be the best coach we've had since Parcells!

Jamal Adams couldn't fill out a job application at McDonald's-

Suspend this ass clown who calls himself the prez or make him a constant inactive healthy scratch all year! No player is bigger than the team!

• Confused 1
  • Post of the Week 1
3 hours ago, Team archer said:

Giants trash

redskins trash

Oakland was an ok team

loss to the bengals lol

barely survived trash miami lol

Destroyed by bal but who didnt see that coming

Beat pitt with no Rothlisberger by 6

and beat the buffalo 4th stringers.

oh man my locker room must sleep well at night.

so basically the jets had sex with a bunch of ugly stinking fat chicks but I guess it still counts on the scoreboard.

@SAR I

3 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Hey Mick, tell me what head coach is going to win with the team that Gase has had with the Jets so far. Are you kidding me? I'm not saying that he's a great coach yet but give him a chance, he hasn't had one yet, and I don't want to hear about Miami.

He never wins as a HC. He’s sh1t and one of the dumbest hires in Jets history 

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

Nonsense.  If he hated gase, he wouldn't be playing here. Period.  Nice try.

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Nonsense.  If he hated gase, he wouldn't be playing here. Period.  Nice try.

It's possible to like one thing (Football) more than you dislike another thing (Gase).

Also, none of this changes Gase's demeanor/attitude when asked about injured players.  I see now that it's not all that obvious to some folks, but it is to me.  What we've heard about Gase from previous players in Miami and now Jamal is not the least bit surprising.

Just because Jamal is an egomaniac douchebag doesn't mean Gase isn't dismissive in the locker room.  There's clearly something wrong with the guy and it may not even be his fault that he is the way he is, but it is the way he is.

11 hours ago, glenn31 said:

Frank Gore is a first ballot what? I hope you're not talking Hall of Famer, because that he isn't...

And that's the 2nd time today I'm reading that he signed here because we have an absolute hack at the HC position. Can someone please provide a link to a quote that verifies this? Because I'm quite sure there isn't one player in the NFL that sees a coaching roster with "Adam Gase" (just typing that loser's name made me throw up in my own mouth 🤢) and says to himself: "He's there? Boy oh boy I better sign onto that squad, post-haste!"

I think Gore is likely to be a 1st ballot.  #3 on the all-time rushing list.

If he doesn't make the 1st ballot, he absolutely will get in during his 2nd year of eligibility like Curtis Martin.  CuMar is #6 on the list btw.

• Upvote 1