Gase Lets Joe Vitt Do Pre-Game Speech

Read that somewhere last year, I think on the Jets website - it was a quote from a Jets player. He found it funny, I found it utterly alarming. Football is the ultimate leader-of-men gladiator sport for head coaches - and your leader is deferring to one of his assistant defensive coaches to do the pregame speech? SMH, not a good look for a NFL HC.  

I posted this info in here last year. Was surprised the media didn’t cover it more.

Look Jamal has labeled himself an unholy cancer, but considering what this other player said - it doesn’t mean Jamal is lying about Gase’s squirrelly game day locker room leadership. 

You get the sense Gase avoids in-person conflict with his players in favor of doing things in the dark. Which would be fine if it worked, unfortunately 4+ years in as a NFL HC there’s scant evidence his M.O. works. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

What - exactly - is Gase good at?

This is a fair point with Gase. His team management and his ability to win close games are strengths but those are secondary traits. Gase isn’t as bad as everyone says but he also hasn’t proven anything.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Gase better put together a big year. Enough of his under performing offense and alienating his players. This guy isn’t built to be a head coach. 

alienating what players other than Landry and Adams?

Cromartie?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

alienating what players other than Landry and Adams?

I mean just look at his history bro. Down in Miami it was a lot of players starting with Tannehill. Even tho Bell came out and supported him I think it’s cause he’s being the bigger person. Gase has completely destroyed Bell in the media and hasn’t stuck up for him once publicly. The guy is a clown who pretty much throws his guys under the bus

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This is a fair point with Gase. His team management and his ability to win close games are strengths but those are secondary traits. Gase isn’t as bad as everyone says but he also hasn’t proven anything.

Gase is one of the best at scripting opening drives. The glaring thing with him seems to be mostly his play calling. If this offense is going to go anywhere he needs to give the keys to Sam to let him run the full Manning offense and call all his own plays 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Who cares? We think Todd Bowles was spitting out hot fire in the locker room? Not everyone is a child like Jamal Adams. I assume most can get up for 16 days a year without Al Pachino screaming about inches. How his offense and specifically Darnold improve this year will decide if he gets fired

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Gase better put together a big year. Enough of his under performing offense and alienating his players. This guy isn’t built to be a head coach. 

The turnaround from 1-7 to 6-2 is one of the greatest accomplishments in team history.  

Gase needs an extension before another team tries to steal him away.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, CTM said:

Removing incompetent GM's who have the owners ear 

Good on Gase:

- Got Mac fired

Bad on Gase:

- Offensive guru that has not shown any ability as a HC to cobble together a competent offense(last year was a disaster obviously but never finished higher than 24th in total offense with Miami)

- seems to alienate his best players

- appears to want nothing to do with any part of the team other than the offense

Color me unimpressed. I think the HC job is just too big for Gase. Some guys just don't have 'it'. He'll be here two more years and be gone.

45 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean just look at his history bro. Down in Miami it was a lot of players starting with Tannehill. Even tho Bell came out and supported him I think it’s cause he’s being the bigger person. Gase has completely destroyed Bell in the media and hasn’t stuck up for him once publicly. The guy is a clown who pretty much throws his guys under the bus

so what players other than Landry and Adams have said anything?  Bell has praised Gase.  Damien Williams has praised Gase.  Gore has praised Gase.  Other than Landry and Adams what PLAYERS, not MEDIA, have criticized Gase?

Why can't you answer this question directly?  Really getting tired of the endless unsupported conjecture.  The ratio of player praise to criticism of Gase is not leaning in your favor here.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

so what players other than Landry and Adams have said anything?  Bell has praised Gase.  Damien Williams has praised Gase.  Gore has praised Gase.  Other than Landry and Adams what PLAYERS, not MEDIA, have criticized Gase?

Why can't you answer this question directly?  Really getting tired of the endless unsupported conjecture.  The ratio of player praise to criticism of Gase is not leaning in your favor here.

I’ve seen Gase publicly criticize Ryan Tannehill. I’ve seen Gase throw Leveon Bell under the bus in press conferences. I don’t see other coaches do this with their players, have you. 

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/adam-gase-ryan-tannehill-injury-2018-10%3famp

is this normal behavior of a head coach and his starting QB?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

615902F4-6545-4473-BFF5-7DA19C12AC8C.png

I have no doubt that unless the Jets have a decent season Gase will be gone. 8-8 record is the threshold. Better he stays. Worse he's gone. 8-8 and showing good improvement on offense he stays. 8-8 with a lousy offense and great defense - see ya! Thats about it. No sense even complaining or even thinking about him any more - he's here for this upcoming season.

6 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Inspirational speeches don’t win games. If Gase knows he’s no good at them, I appreciate him knowing his limits. 

Neither does Adam Gase.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Landry, Phillips, Jones and rumors of Gore, Stills, Wake and Drake.

But other than those seven guys, I couldn't find a single one.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/12/31/18162804/former-miami-dolphins-players-taking-shots-at-adam-gase-firing-head-coach-nfl-fired-twitter

Awwww ... if 'his' guys played ... You know 'goodl' ... maybe they would get dessert before getting tucked into bed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app