Gase Lets Joe Vitt Do Pre-Game Speech

Gase is terrible, but for some reason I don't hate this.  If he realizes he's not an inspriring guy, then go work on filing some more binders while somebody else rallies the troops.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On paper he's HC but he was never really brought in to be HC. IIRC there was talk when he was brought in that the Jets are doing some hybrid coaching system where although he's HC, him and Loggins are more offensive guys and Williams being exclusively defense. 

To be honest I don't even care about the titles and how it appears on the outside as long as internally they have their crap together and have allocated responsibilities based on what they believe are their strengths and weaknesses. I mean we've seen how awkward Gase is speaking, I wouldn't want him addressing the team as a whole anyways. 

What this system does do though is really hold coaches accountable for their group, and IMO due to the nonsense that happened last year it's yet to be known if Gase is the real thing. I hope he is. 

8 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The shear number of snowflakes on this board is alarming.  

I weep for my children's America. 

It’s not one issue,  for sure this isn’t a big deal at all, but it’s just so many things and this just adds to the pile of sh— that continues to prove Gase is simply in way over his head. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

What - exactly - is Gase good at?

Leading losing seasons with poorly rated Offenses and lots of excuses.

2016, 10-6, Offense 24th in Yards, 17th in Points.  His high water mark to-date.

2017, 6-10, Offense 25th in Yards, 28th in Points.  

2018, 7-9, Offense 31st in Yards, 26th in Points.

2019, 7-9, Offense 32nd in Yards, 31st in Points, worst in the NFL.

This is the resume of a guy who, on any other team, Jets Fans would call a huge loser who record was mostly on his Defenses, a unit he has nothing to do with.

He is supposed to be a genius at Offense.  As a Head Coach (who also calls his Offenses), he's not once rose above 17th in any ranking.  He's 100% below-average, and mostly bottom ranked, in the thing he is supposed to be great at.

2020 will be very interesting.  The usual suspects have already started laying out the excuse train for why there is no way Gase can win or have a good Offense in 2020, and as SAR says, there is almost no chance Gase is fired after 2020 no matter the result.

So buckle up, lets see if Gase turns it around, like SAR thinks.  Or fails, like I think.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

I think speeches in pro sports are overrated.   Maybe not in H.S. or college. John Madden's speech to the Raiders before Super Bowl XI was less then twenty words.  

(Now you can go back and watch Al Pacino in Every Given Sunday.)

sports fans are stupid and theink sports movies/speeches are a big deal

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

He is supposed to be a genius at Offense.

who actually ever referred to him as a genius? nobody that i know of. offensive guy, yes. genius, never.

quotes and links please. this sisnt a dfenbse of his offensive offenses, btw.

6 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’ve seen Gase publicly criticize Ryan Tannehill. I’ve seen Gase throw Leveon Bell under the bus in press conferences. I don’t see other coaches do this with their players, have you. 

Yes: Bill Parcells... right off the top of my mind.  He had earned it.  Lots of coaches have criticized players.  Gase didn't criticize Bell.  He commented on how it was not the best use of the team's cap resources and he was right.   

Again... why can't you answer my question? WHat other players than Landry and Adams have publicly criticized Gase?  Nobody can seem to name any players who have openly criticized Gase.  ANd everytime I ask I get the moronic Bleacher Reprot article which has no quoted sources.   You'd think with all the media and fan vitriol, there would be some support from his past and present players... from guys like Tannyhill to Bell... players who you claim are part of the "hate" Gase.

The criticism comes from the press.  Mehta and the horrible S. Florida ones.  The typical assinine, slanted, distorted or inaccurate reporting by Bleacher Report is the main quoted source.  LOL.

I'll start to buy in to your reasoning (which is based on innuendo and hearsay for the most part) when you can list more than a couple of others besides Landry and Adams (who both have/had contractual issues with their teams  - surprise!)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Yes: Bill Parcells... right off the top of my mind.  He had earned it.  Lots of coaches have criticized players.  Gase didn't criticize Bell.  He commented on how it was not the bes use of the team's cap by Maccagnan and he was right.   Again... why can't you answer my question: Other than Landry and Adams, nobody can name any players who have openly criticized Gase.  You'd think with all the fan vitriol, there wouold be some support from his past and present players... from guys like Tannyhill to Bell... players who you claim are part of the "hate" Gase.

I'll start to buy in to your reasoning (which is based on innuendo and hearsay for the most part) when you can list more than a couple of others besides Landry and Adams (who both have/had contractual issues with their teams  - surprise!)

The evidence that Glenn provided once was über-dog OL Ja’Wuan James saying the Dolphins offense “didn’t have an identity” under Gase. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

615902F4-6545-4473-BFF5-7DA19C12AC8C.png

woo hoo.  You found another disgruntled player.  1. Landry.  2. Adams 3. Ajayi (from 2018)

Well Gase was sure right about that guy.  By the way.  Again the source is Bleacher Report.  Are you getting the drift?  Anyone who relies on trash like the NY Daily News or Bleacher Report for their source of evidence in presenting arguments here should really think twice.  

3 whole NFL players have criticized Gase.  And 2 of them had severe contractual issues and the other had a degenerating knee.  Wow.  You guys are right.  The NFL hates him.  LOL. Too funny. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

He's had 600 yards since leaving Miami in 2017. At least use Kenyan Drake

But Drake didn't complain about Gase.  He probably should have.

I think everyone can see that after scouring... the Gase haters here have conjured up three whole NFL players who condemned Gase: Adams, Landry and Ajayi.  Two were digruntled over money and two were disgruntled over how Gase used/didn't use them.  How is that different from ANY other NFL HC making decisions on who to play and how much?  This is common yet the Gase brigade here think it's damning.  LOL.

Just now, Dcat said:

woo hoo.  You found another disgruntled player.  1. Landry.  2. Adams 3. Ajayi (from 2018)

Well Gase wa sure right about that guy.  By the way.  Again the source is Bleacher Report.  Are you getting the drift?  Anyone who relies on trash like the NY Daily News or Bleacher Report for their source of evidence in presenting arguments here should really think twice.  

3 whole NFL players have criticized Gase.  And 2 of them had severe contractual issues and the other had a degenerating knee.  Wow.  You guys are right.  The NFL hates him.  LOL. TYoo funny. 

1. Landry who wanted to become the highest paid player in the NFL and Gase refused to make it happen so he shipped him out

2. Adams.  Another player who wants to be paid a top of the NFL type contract and is trying to get traded.

3.  Even his teammates said Ajayi was a disgruntled player who refused to buy into the team

4.  Gase has been a HC 4 years, an OC 6 or so years?  53+ on a roster, around 450 players at least he's been around and 3 complained about him, two embroiled in contract hell?  I'm amazed its only 3 players who have been this vocal

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Landry, Phillips, Jones and rumors of Gore, Stills, Wake and Drake.

But other than those seven guys, I couldn't find a single one.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/12/31/18162804/former-miami-dolphins-players-taking-shots-at-adam-gase-firing-head-coach-nfl-fired-twitter

Gore praised Gase later on.  

Christ.  If you question players on ANY NFL team with a fired HC, you are going to get at least that ans waaaaaay more.  This "Players hate Gase" routine is nonsense.  All coaches piss off players when they bench them or use them in a way they don't prefer.  Nothing new or unusual here.  But media like Mehta and Bleacher Report hover over this crap like vultures and many of the publis just run to swallow iot all.  Too bad.  

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Christ.  If you question players on ANY NFL team with a fired HC, you are going to get at least that ans waaaaaay more.  This "Players hate Gase" routine is nonsense.  All coaches piss off players when they bench them or use them in a way they don't prefer.  Nothing new or unusual here.  But media like Mehta and Bleacher Report hover over this crap like vultures and many of the publis just run to swallow iot all.  Too bad.  

If there's one thing we know about human beings, it's that they'll never speak an untruth in the interest of serving themselves.

Do you honestly believe every single word everyone on television says?

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If there's one thing we know about human beings, it's that they'll never speak an untruth in the interest of serving themselves.

You seem to believe every word from Manish and Bleacher report.  So why don't you answer your own question for me?

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Gore came out and very Bell like said the reports were wrong.

23 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So the solution is to insert what we think is the truth in place of what they're saying?
We're supposed to guess and decide our guesses make up the real truth?

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

He's a good head coach.

He's a weak offensive coordinator.

Good thing he's our head coach.

SAR I

I figured you out. You’re ******* around. You cannot be this serious. You’re much smarter than this. 

• WTF? 1

In the movie"Miracle" they make a big deal about Herb Brooks's speech before the Russia game. And it was great. 

But his better speech was in the gold medal game agaiNSt Finland between periods when the US was losing. And it was basically going batsheet crazy, breaking things, screaming, "You fvcktards beat the greatest hockey team on earth to lose the gold medal to the f__in' Finns? WHAT THE F___?" 

If Gase contributes to making Darnold a great QB, he keeps his job. Speeches have nothing to do with it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Leading losing seasons with poorly rated Offenses and lots of excuses.

2016, 10-6, Offense 24th in Yards, 17th in Points.  His high water mark to-date.

2017, 6-10, Offense 25th in Yards, 28th in Points.  

2018, 7-9, Offense 31st in Yards, 26th in Points.

2019, 7-9, Offense 32nd in Yards, 31st in Points, worst in the NFL.

This is the resume of a guy who, on any other team, Jets Fans would call a huge loser who record was mostly on his Defenses, a unit he has nothing to do with.

He is supposed to be a genius at Offense.  As a Head Coach (who also calls his Offenses), he's not once rose above 17th in any ranking.  He's 100% below-average, and mostly bottom ranked, in the thing he is supposed to be great at.

2020 will be very interesting.  The usual suspects have already started laying out the excuse train for why there is no way Gase can win or have a good Offense in 2020, and as SAR says, there is almost no chance Gase is fired after 2020 no matter the result.

So buckle up, lets see if Gase turns it around, like SAR thinks.  Or fails, like I think.

It's OK to act like Belichick when you have his resume. When you act like Belichick with Marvin Lewis' resume, it's a bit offputting.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Gase is terrible, but for some reason I don't hate this.  If he realizes he's not an inspriring guy, then go work on filing some more binders while somebody else rallies the troops.

The guy is the head coach. If he doesn’t feel comfortable standing up and addressing the team before the game that’s a problem. 

• Upvote 1