Gase Lets Joe Vitt Do Pre-Game Speech

1 minute ago, GreekJet said:

The guy is the head coach. If he doesn’t feel comfortable standing up and addressing the team before the game that’s a problem. 

Eh.  He's socially awkward and and about as inspiring as a contact lens.  At least he sees that in himself.  Might be the best thing we can say about him TBH.

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

so what players other than Landry and Adams have said anything?  Bell has praised Gase.  Damien Williams has praised Gase.  Gore has praised Gase.  Other than Landry and Adams what PLAYERS, not MEDIA, have criticized Gase?

Why can't you answer this question directly?  Really getting tired of the endless unsupported conjecture.  The ratio of player praise to criticism of Gase is not leaning in your favor here.

I can’t wait for the first locker room discussion between Frank Gore (mans man) and Jamaal Adams(me man)! 

Mosley and Gore should be able to restore order and rescue the team from the faux-leadership of Jamaal. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Eh.  He's socially awkward and and about as inspiring as a contact lens.  At least he sees that in himself.  Might be the best thing we can say about him TBH.

I see what you’re saying dude but it’s more of the principle. I am not expecting a Al Pacino type of speech. The HEAD COACH of a NFL football team must address the team. It’s a requirement  it’s ridiculous to me that some people cannot see this and I’m totally in the middle with Gase. I don’t hate nor love him.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I see what you’re saying dude but it’s more of the principle. I am not expecting a Al Pacino type of speech. The HEAD COACH of a NFL football team must address the team. It’s a requirement  it’s ridiculous to me that some people cannot see this and I’m totally in the middle with Gase. I don’t hate nor love him.

You're not wrong, but I suppose it's the least of my worries at this point.  I want to see if he starts putting his guys in position to succeed, which will make the football team better.  

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

He's a good head coach.

He's a weak offensive coordinator.

Good thing he's our head coach.

SAR I

Unfortunately, he is our offensive coordinator. He needs to do a much better job at that part. He may be a good delegator (Williams seems to like working for him) but his offensive gameplan better improve upon waiting for a 21 year old QB to come tell you want he wants in your system. So far the single biggest hit against Gase is the primary reason he was brought here. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, JetsLife said:

Read that somewhere last year, I think on the Jets website - it was a quote from a Jets player. He found it funny, I found it utterly alarming. Football is the ultimate leader-of-men gladiator sport for head coaches - and your leader is deferring to one of his assistant defensive coaches to do the pregame speech? SMH, not a good look for a NFL HC.  

I posted this info in here last year. Was surprised the media didn’t cover it more.

Look Jamal has labeled himself an unholy cancer, but considering what this other player said - it doesn’t mean Jamal is lying about Gase’s squirrelly game day locker room leadership. 

You get the sense Gase avoids in-person conflict with his players in favor of doing things in the dark. Which would be fine if it worked, unfortunately 4+ years in as a NFL HC there’s scant evidence his M.O. works. 

Oh wow look, signs Gase is a loser, who would have ever guessed...

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Who is our offensive coordinator again ??? D coffee boy Loggains ?

Dowell Loggains is headed into his 7th season as an offensive coordinator, making him one of the most experienced offensive coordinators in the NFL.

SAR I

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

So buckle up, lets see if Gase turns it around, like SAR thinks.  Or fails, like I think.

happytrain.jpg

There's still time to get onboard.   You don't want to be prohibited from enjoying the division title.  There's a list.

SAR I

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

I figured you out. You’re ******* around. You cannot be this serious. You’re much smarter than this. 

I believe that some NFL head coaches are good at head coaching and that's it.  Furthermore, I believe that some NFL offensive coordinators and defensive coordinators are good at being coordinators and that's it.  Methinks NFL history supports this.

Adam Gase is a head coach.  A good one.  If we don't like our offense, we'll go get another offensive coordinator.  I'm not defending Dowell Loggains.  Nor am I defending Adam Gase as an offensive coordinator.  I am defending Adam Gase as a head coach.  He handled last years clusterf-ck with professionalism and results.  He's everything New York needs in a head coach.  Strong, bull headed, won't take crap, doesn't want needy players, restored order.

SAR I

6 hours ago, Bugg said:

In the movie"Miracle" they make a big deal about Herb Brooks's speech before the Russia game. And it was great. 

But his better speech was in the gold medal game agaiNSt Finland between periods when the US was losing. And it was basically going batsheet crazy, breaking things, screaming, "You fvcktards beat the greatest hockey team on earth to lose the gold medal to the f__in' Finns? WHAT THE F___?" 

If Gase contributes to making Darnold a great QB, he keeps his job. Speeches have nothing to do with it. 

1. Speeches.

2. Memes.

3. The color of plastic seats.

4. The facade design on a building.

The dumb sh-t these SOJF's worry about is mind-boggling.  It's almost like they're preconditioned loser Mets fans or something.

SAR I

6 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

It's OK to act like Belichick when you have his resume. When you act like Belichick with Marvin Lewis' resume, it's a bit offputting.

Belichick has been the same coach going back to his first defensive assistant position.  Same attitude, same demeanor, most of it while he was a nobody floundering in 90's Cleveland and the 90's non-winning Patriots.  And he's going to the Hall of Fame.

Adam Gase's attitude and coaching strategy has gotten him this far.  And last year he was magnificent.  Never before has a Jets head coach been given such a monumental challenge and overcome it like that.  He's a one-man wrecking ball, tore up Bowles weed-fueled locker room, pushed the worst GM in team history out the door, brought in great coordinators and coaches, and coached-up a team that at 1-7 was the laughingstock of the league.  You couldn't have asked for a head coach to prove as much in a non-playoff season.

SAR I

3 hours ago, freestater said:

Unfortunately, he is our offensive coordinator. He needs to do a much better job at that part. He may be a good delegator (Williams seems to like working for him) but his offensive gameplan better improve upon waiting for a 21 year old QB to come tell you want he wants in your system. So far the single biggest hit against Gase is the primary reason he was brought here. 

He is not an offensive coordinator.  Gase calls plays that the offensive coordinator has designed, implemented, and practiced.  

Head coaches and offensive coordinators have different skillsets.  We have a good, maybe even great, head coach.  Our offensive coordinator is on the hot seat.  It's make it to Top 20 or get the boot for Dowell Loggains.  

I'm going back to the pool now.  I'm on my second Bud Light Seltzer.  Don't aggravate me.

SAR I

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'm sure Bellichick gives a great rah rah speech before every game.

The funny thing about Bellichick is he really isn't the guy the public thinks he is. Is he a cheater, manipulator, and opportunist? Absolutely.

But my neighbor is his first cousin and she has said for years he's genuinely a funny,   down to earth guy that gives zero ****s about how people he doesn't know think of him. 

There's a reason there are legions of Football Players that would run through walls for the dude (Starting with Lawrence Taylor, btw), and why he engenders so much loyalty and essentially has developed an organizational cult of personality.  

The uncharismatic schlub he presents to the media simply couldn't inspire that kind of loyalty and created a legendary system that puts work ethic above all other characteristics. 

I still can't stand the guy  but people trying to compare or validate Mr. Crazy Eyes with comparisons to the most successful coach in NFL History are just nuts.