Do you know why Jamal hasn't been traded yet? Because he's not worth more than a lower 1st round pick, and the Jets can't get better than that!

Alka

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Ints are not meaningful stats for a strong safety. Tackles, Tackles for Loss, Force Fumbles and Sacks are.

Dude is a nutsack ... But a very talented nutsack.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Ed Reed played in 174 career games and got 64 interceptions!

His interception per game average is 36.7% interception rate per game.

Jamal's interception per game average:  about 4% per game.

Troy Polamalu interception per game average: about 20%.  32 interceptions in just under 160 games.

I do agree with you regarding strong safety stats though.  He is a tackler, tackles for loss, forced fumbles.  He is a star in those areas.  That is why we are even having the conversation.

If we were to trade Jamal Adams straight up for a Ed Reed in his prime, we would have to add a 1st round pick to make that deal.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Jamal Adams was on another team and that team called the Jets to trade him here, what price would you want Joe Douglas to give up in a trade? You would not give over the 2021 first.

3rd. And next years 5th.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Jamal Adams was on another team and that team called the Jets to trade him here, what price would you want Joe Douglas to give up in a trade? You would not give over the 2021 first.

This is a great question! Why give up a first, which you can use to draft a premium position? Only reason is if you have everything else in place, but that is rarely the case. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would hope Joe leaked that Adams was being shopped before he offered anything.

43 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Ints are not meaningful stats for a strong safety. Tackles, Tackles for Loss, Force Fumbles and Sacks are.

This premise conveniently fits for a DB who never has any INTs against NFL starters. Not to mention the paltry PDs Adams has registered.  Now if the strong safety in question had any kind of superior pass defense/coverage ability there would be a ton more PDs and INTs and you'd be crowing how impressive and inportant that is.

Love how people continually  make excuses for Adams' deficiencies at his own position. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Dude is a nutsack ... But a very talented nutsack.

Brain Dawkins and Troy Polamalu would beg to defer. Both guys not only got ints, They made plays when they matters. Jamal gets a sack and a couple of big hits. Team loses by 2 touchdown and he's the greatest player ever! 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ljr said:

other teams are trying to scr*w us over by only offering less then he's worth ... so we're not agreeing to their terms?

who would have thought it

He's not worth a  top 16 1st round pick.  More likely valued at a bottom quartile of the 1st round.  

Just now, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Brain Dawkins and Troy Polamalu would beg to defer. Both guys not only got ints, They made plays when they matters. Jamal gets a sack and a couple of big hits. Team loses by 2 touchdown and he's the greatest player ever! 

The INTs/PDs illustrate Adams deficiencies in his coverage skills.  He is average at best in coverage and more likely below average.

Most overrated player in the NFL by a wide margin.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The INTs/PDs illustrate Adams deficiencies in his coverage skills.  He is average at best in coverage and more likely below average.

Most overrated player in the NFL by a wide margin.

Agreed. I don't see any reason why Ashtyn Davis couldn't fill that role with some experience under his belt honestly.  And has more range in coverage from what I've seen as well. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This premise conveniently fits for a DB who never has any INTs against NFL starters. Not to mention the paltry PDs Adams has registered.  Now if the strong safety in question had any kind of superior pass defense/coverage ability there would be a ton more PDs and INTs and you'd be crowing how impressive and inportant that is.

Love how people continually  make excuses for Adams' deficiencies at his own position. 

I agree.  The most valuable players on the field are the ones who either create the passing game or ones who stop the passing game.   Adams doesn’t do either.   

14 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Yup gotta keep him now ..make him play out his contract.

Screw that. Why hold onto a malcontent so you can maybe get a compensatory third years later? Sometimes you just gotta know when to fold'em. Then you learn from your mistakes as an organization and not put yourself into that position again by drafting a low priority position high while also bringing on a guy that has a very self serving sense of reality/vanity issues. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I'd offer 3 1st rounders but I'd draw a line in the sand there.  They're not getting David Putney.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I would say this is about right.  If they were offered a high first and another pick, they would have already done it.

A mid first and 3rd would probably  get it done, but they haven’t been offered it.  Which is why the jets should tell him, publicly, seek a trade, we won’t trade you for less than X.  Let him figure out that on his own.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Unless you’re a team that’s one piece away, it’s not worth trading for Jamal. So, I wouldn’t want us to trade for him unless it was for just a 2nd. If we were 1 piece away, then I’d do first.

Screw that. Why hold onto a malcontent so you can maybe get a compensatory third years later? Sometimes you just gotta know when to fold'em. Then you learn from your mistakes as an organization and not put yourself into that position again by drafting a low priority position high while also bringing on a guy that has a very self serving sense of reality/vanity issues. 
Precident man ..you don't want player pulling this sh*t everytime timen they get butthurt.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

The Jets drafted Jamal Adams with the 6th pick in the first round, but he's not worth it.  

That's right, he's not worth it.  The reasons for this:

1. 2 career picks in 3 years.  That is anemic, and without picks, is not a game changer.

2. Jamal's got 12 career sacks, but so what?  If the Jets had any legitimate pass rushers on the line or at linebacker, then the defensive coach wouldn't have to be creative and send him in.  In other words, he shouldn't have 12 sacks if the other players that should be able to rush the passer were competent to do so. If that were the case, then he doesn't have the sacks, and we already know he can't get the picks.  

3. He wants to be the top paid player on the Jets.  He's not worth the money for that.  I'm still not sure he's worth the top 3 safety money in the league.

4. Yes, teams want Jamal!  That is  a fact!  I believe it is also a fact that he's not worth as much as Jamal thinks he is worth, and teams will not part with a top 15 1st round pick. A lower first round pick, yes.  Add a 4th or 5th round pick to the mix, and you got a deal.  Nobody wants to give the Jets that either.  

He's just not worth it.  All pro, who cares if he's an all pro if he can't can't change the complexion of a game with INT's.

If the jets had a legitimate pass rush, he’d have more than 2 picks.....can’t have it both ways