Do you know why Jamal hasn't been traded yet? Because he's not worth more than a lower 1st round pick, and the Jets can't get better than that!

Alka

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, that's why I couldn't figure out your post.

I'm thinking, we may disagree from tine to time but the guy isnt dumb.  

To funny, great trade though, two 1s and a 3?  Dancing

Indeed, I'm borderline speechless tbqh.  And someone elsewhere on the forum said a player too?

2x 1sts, 1x 3rd and a player?  If true.....wow.  Just...wow.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Indeed, I'm borderline speechless tbqh.  And someone elsewhere on the forum said a player too?

2x 1sts, 1x 3rd and a player?  If true.....wow.  Just...wow.

Yes.  McDougald, another SS.

One with 5 INTS for the INT crowd.

JD is being praised everywhere.  He now has 4 1s over the next 2 years and 3 3s

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Shocked that a perennially successful team like Seattle would value a box safety so highly 

Adams is perfect for Seattle.  They're a very very good team that might be one luxury piece away from contending for a title.

We're not.  They paid alot, but it could in fact be a great deal for both sides if Adams is the last piece they needed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, redlichtie said:

Shocked that a perennially successful team like Seattle would value a box safety so highly 

Pete Carrol please repeat after me: 

person woman man camera tv

This post holds no personal political viewpoint ?

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Alka said:

The Jets drafted Jamal Adams with the 6th pick in the first round, but he's not worth it.  

That's right, he's not worth it.  The reasons for this:

1. 2 career picks in 3 years.  That is anemic, and without picks, is not a game changer.

2. Jamal's got 12 career sacks, but so what?  If the Jets had any legitimate pass rushers on the line or at linebacker, then the defensive coach wouldn't have to be creative and send him in.  In other words, he shouldn't have 12 sacks if the other players that should be able to rush the passer were competent to do so. If that were the case, then he doesn't have the sacks, and we already know he can't get the picks.  

3. He wants to be the top paid player on the Jets.  He's not worth the money for that.  I'm still not sure he's worth the top 3 safety money in the league.

4. Yes, teams want Jamal!  That is  a fact!  I believe it is also a fact that he's not worth as much as Jamal thinks he is worth, and teams will not part with a top 15 1st round pick. A lower first round pick, yes.  Add a 4th or 5th round pick to the mix, and you got a deal.  Nobody wants to give the Jets that either.  

He's just not worth it.  All pro, who cares if he's an all pro if he can't can't change the complexion of a game with INT's.

Feeling clairvoyant now? Beauty and value is in the eye of the beholder. JD just waited until another GM valued JA more than he valued 3 picks and a player.

Jamal talked his way off the team and out of NY. I loved him as a player, but JD and probably the rest of coaches realized that he would probably disrupt the locker room, and he needed to go because he was not going to wait another year for a contract upgrade.  Wile the loss of a Pro Bowl player has immediate impact, in the intermediate and longer term, the cap money the team would have needed to secure him would have been prohibitive at a time when the cap might be going down, and the players the Jets draft might be better values and cost a lot less.

• Upvote 2

The Jets drafted Jamal Adams with the 6th pick in the first round, but he's not worth it.  
1. 2 career picks in 3 years.  That is anemic, and without picks, is not a game changer.
2. Jamal's got 12 career sacks, but so what?  If the Jets had any legitimate pass rushers on the line or at linebacker, then the defensive coach wouldn't have to be creative and send him in.  In other words, he shouldn't have 12 sacks if the other players that should be able to rush the passer were competent to do so. If that were the case, then he doesn't have the sacks, and we already know he can't get the picks.  
3. He wants to be the top paid player on the Jets.  He's not worth the money for that.  I'm still not sure he's worth the top 3 safety money in the league.
4. Yes, teams want Jamal!  That is  a fact!  I believe it is also a fact that he's not worth as much as Jamal thinks he is worth, and teams will not part with a top 15 1st round pick. A lower first round pick, yes.  Add a 4th or 5th round pick to the mix, and you got a deal.  Nobody wants to give the Jets that either.  
He's just not worth it.  All pro, who cares if he's an all pro if he can't can't change the complexion of a game with INT's.

Hmmmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Which explains Seattle giving us two 1s and a 3rd

Maye was horrible last season and has an injury history.  Hes going to have his hands full holding off a rookie, goes hes moving to SS

Have no idea where this Maye its better nonsense comes from.  

Better in coverage....

9 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Actually no. Maybe you should watch a Jet game...

Actually instead of being sarcastic you should learn the game.

Maye was horrific last season.  The overrate Maye and rip Adams contingent needs lessons in football.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually instead of being sarcastic you should learn the game.

Maye was horrific last season.  The overrate Maye and rip Adams contingent needs lessons in football.

Yeah, I pull for Jets players, not Seahawks. 

17 hours ago, Alka said:

Wow, you really just made a fool out of yourself? It's gonna be hard for you to show your face? Perhaps you'll ask to have your name changed? Alka is now forever linked to ridicule. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1