Costello Report: Adams to Seattle for Two First Round Picks

Lith

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

True.  I just can’t believe how much draft capital Seattle gave up for a box safety.  He’s not nearly as physically imposing as Kam, and often disappeared in games.  Entire games.

I kept looking for him in the 1st Buffalo game after losing CJ....nuthin. 

16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

And isn’t the wr class supposed to be very strong next year too?  Now we have 2 1sts and 2 3rd rounders to add playmakers.

Great point here.  Next year's WR supposed to be as good or better than this past draft.  Joe D can play this draft as well as the last we might have something.

• Post of the Week 1

Smart trade by JD. With the cap being a projected $175 million next year, I'm glad we didn't cave.  My only concern is how the altered college football season will affect the 2021 draft. But obviously all teams will be in the same position. 

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

True.  I just can’t believe how much draft capital Seattle gave up for a box safety.  He’s not nearly as physically imposing as Kam, and often disappeared in games.  Entire games.

That’s because the Jets have a real GM. Now they just need a real HC, OC, OL, ED and CB. They might have gotten a WR so they’re almost there lol

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I would love to see Bell truck that clown on the 5 yd line leave him flat like a dead squirrel as he goes in for 6.

Lev has a nasty straight arm so not out of the question. How about Herndon smoking him on a crosser for a Boo inducing TD?

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets just downgraded from a great Strong Safety to a good one.....and also got two 1st round picks, a 3rd round pick and sent a headache 3,000 miles across the country.

My lawd.  For Joe Douglas' next trick he'll be selling ice cream to eskimos.

They don’t like being called eskimos. They’re Inuits. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That’s 1.25 a year. The way you posted it was that he was an int machine. In seven years Adams will probably have about the same number barring injury. My point is McD isn’t great at getting ints so don’t make it out like he is. 

You read into my post the way you wanted to. I never said he was a ballhawk. I said he has many more picks than Jamal (a low bar, I know). 

This trade is amazing for us. Joe Douglas robbed Seattle.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Who would’ve guessed that this sh*tbag would fetch a bigger return than Khalil Mack?

When you say it that way, it seems like a hoax.  At first I thought "well CHI picks were better" but they were 24 and 19.  SEA will probably be in the 20s but it should be fairly close to those.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Jamal Adams in 2019:  14 games, 1 INT, 7 Passes Defensed, 2 Forced Fumbles, 1 Recovery, 75 Tackles, 61 solo, 10 for loss.

Bradley McDougald in 2019:  15 games, 2 INT, 6 Passes Defensed, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Recovery, 70 Tackles, 52 solo, 1 for loss.

Pretty equal outside those TFL numbers.  McDougald is much older (29 vs. 24), and more expensive in the short term ($2.9M vs. Under $1M).  But no big long term deal needed.

As a toss-in for a deal that netted two #1 picks and a #3, his production should be enough to fill the role just fine.  Those TFL will be missed, but hopefully our LB Corp (i.e. Mosely) can help fill that gap.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

A team has no place for selfishness, Jamal put himself before teammates, coaches, the general manager, and the owner...and let's not forget selfish penalties on occasion as well. He's obviously a talented player but his act will tire teammates wherever he is, not our problem thanks to a brilliant move by Joe D.

I really have not felt better about the hands the Jets are in since the Parcells' days. I really think this will go a long way to bringing this team closer together in these strange times we're in.

woot!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That’s because the Jets have a real GM. Now they just need a real HC, OC, OL, ED and CB. They might have gotten a WR so they’re almost there lol

Agreed.  It feels great to have a real GM who knows what he is doing

14 minutes ago, KRL said:

With all the draft assets Douglas has it wouldn't be crazy to offer
a premium pick (#2 or #3) to JAX for Ngakoue

I was just thinking the jets could actually trade for him and still keep a first rounder from the Seattle trade.  Imagine getting ngakoue and a 1st for Adams.