Costello Report: Adams to Seattle for Two First Round Picks

Lith

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

He has listed many reasons why  jamal is not special, the jamal fans cannot list anything to suggest he is.  We have never made the playoffs with this player we have had 17 wins in 3 years.

Special players make a real difference, he doesn't and we shall see that in the next few years as we follow up.

And every reason is wrong

Hes a two time pro bowler.  

An all pro

Find me one expert who agrees with the dumb insistence on trying to convince people that he isnt even a good.player  Find one.  That his sacks dont count.  That every single expert in the media, the football world is wrong.  

You dont like him, we all get that.  Stop making shlt up, its embarrassing to read all the pointless numbers and reasons that 80, you and others try to prover the whole world wrong.  When your point is the Jets havent had talent and have been bad so therefore hes bad, youre showing a lack of understanding of the game

Hes gone, do a dance or something 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

And every one is wrong

An all pro

Find me one expert who agrees with the dumb insistence on trying to convince people that he isnt good.  That his sacks dont count.  That every single expert in the media is wrong.  

You dont like him, we all get that.  Stop making shlt up, its embarrassing to read all the mindless numbers and reasons that 80, you and others try to prover the whole world wrong.  When your point is the Jets havent had talent and have been bad so therefore hes bad, your off to a fine start

Jamal is a very talented player I will never deny that.  However I don’t think he is as great as he thinks he is.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I would just like to point out that I took an extended nap this afternoon and when I awoke Steven Matz had pitched an amazing game and the Jets pulled off an all-time incredible trade. I am fairly certain my incredible nap is responsible for everything today.

And Edwin Diaz says “f@ck yo nap”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

lol @ people saying we shouldn't bash Jamal on his way out.  

That's all he's going to do for the next month.  So why not?  F**k that guy.

He earned and basically asked for every knock he’s getting. I don’t think it’s going to stop either... he’s got an entire fanbase rooting against him until he’s retired 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

lol @ people saying we shouldn't bash Jamal on his way out.  

That's all he's going to do for the next month.  So why not?  F**k that guy.

Agreed.  Look if a player was just traded I wouldn’t bash him.  But this guy was a total douche and was disrespectful to the team.  He deserves criticism 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And every one is wrong

An all pro

Find me one expert who agrees with the dumb insistence on trying to convince people that he isnt good.  That his sacks dont count.  That every single expert in the media is wrong.  

You dont like him, we all get that.  Stop making shlt up, its embarrassing to read all the mindless numbers and reasons that 80, you and others try to prover the whole world wrong.  When your point is the Jets havent had talent and have been bad so therefore hes bad, youre showing a lack of understanding of the game

He is a good box safety, the best box safety, who does not help you win at ALL in this league.

Is an all pro long snapper a difference maker? 

List of positions more important than run stopping safety:

QB, Centre, OG, OT, TE, WR, Edge rusher, FS, DT, CB

ILB might have about the same value.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Haha he is looking to frame it in a way that is negative for the Jets...but it won’t work. JD came through in a big f**king way on this one! This trade is pure gold! 

BDA48836-FB56-44FC-A247-6EDB6F67EF0E.gif

It is negative.....  and its true.   we have had basically a 10 year run of WARM dog shly for GM's.   Douglas did a good job here but going back 8 years how many of our 1st and 2nds are on the team???

Holey smokes.  Two first round picks, a third and a player !?!?!? For a safety !?!?!? THE MOTHERLOAD !!! I almost don't believe it.  I had to read the reports five times to satisfy myself that I was actually reading a true news story.  This is by far the best trade in Jets history.  JD continues to impress.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And every one is wrong

An all pro

You dont like him, we all get that.  Stop making shlt up, its embarrassing to read all the mindless numbers and reasons that 80, you and others try to prover the whole world wrong.  When your point is the Jets havent had talent and have been bad so therefore hes bad, youre showing a lack of understanding of the game

Im late to the thread but you sir appear to be outnumbered.....

custers-last-stand-MKJEKA.jpg

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

As soon as he let that 3-2 pitch go I was like "why the **** did I wake up."

Swear.All the talk about back to back saves and last year,  Gary Cohen goes 3-2 2 outs and I said here where he gives up the bomb, after it was it all I could do is smile. For that split second it was 2019 and everything was right in the world again 

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Swear.All the talk about back to back saves and last year,  Gary Cohen goes 3-2 2 outs and I said here where he gives up the bomb, after it was it all I could do is smile. For that split second it was 2019 and everything was right in the world again 

With the way this day was going, I was sure McNeil was going to avenge his dog with the walk-off. After that didn't happen this 10th inning was inevitable.

Seattle is carried by Wilson. But their schedule this year looks fairly soft. They should be in the playoffs this season.

Nonetheless, it's a great deal for New York and much more than I hoped for, especially after Adams let rip against management and ownership.

The only downside is that Adams will feel vindicated for his unprofessional approach to leaving New York. But I can live with that.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Would you have given up the Jets 2021 first round pick? 

The point you were trying to make was Jamal wasn't worth a first round pick.  He is worth two firsts plus some juice and Pete Carrol made the deal.  Don't try to twist any other way.  

• Upvote 1