Costello Report: Adams to Seattle for Two First Round Picks

Lith

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Jamal Adams in 2019:  14 games, 1 INT, 7 Passes Defensed, 2 Forced Fumbles, 1 Recovery, 75 Tackles, 61 solo, 10 for loss.

Bradley McDougald in 2019:  15 games, 2 INT, 6 Passes Defensed, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Recovery, 70 Tackles, 52 solo, 1 for loss.

Pretty equal outside those TFL numbers.  McDougald is much older (29 vs. 24), and more expensive in the short term ($2.9M vs. Under $1M).  But no big long term deal needed.

As a toss-in for a deal that netted two #1 picks and a #3, his production should be enough to fill the role just fine.  Those TFL will be missed, but hopefully our LB Corp (i.e. Mosely) can help fill that gap.

Did you forget sacks?

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

What an absolute haul. Compare it to other deals with better players than Jamal. What did the Texans get for Hopkins? This deal for Jamal is better than the Mack deal. Unreal. Joe Douglas made a great trade especially given the circumstances. Jets have a ton of flexibility moving forward. A hard hitting safety is a luxury on a great team. It is not needed to win. 

Only a great trade if he finds players with those picks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

ppl do all the hootin & hollerin to get you brought in, just to leave...lol like people weird yooo, the internet got these dudes doin whatever for attention, even when they tell you sh*t they don’t believe themselves

Translation: 

Jamal blew smoke to get me brought here, then jumped ship...lol. Dude is weird yo, brother was so desperate for internet attention. What a lying bitch. 

Remember when someone said that there were teammates who didn't like Jamal, and would air their grievances once he was gone?

Only took minutes to hear from Le'Veon.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

I would just like to point out that I took an extended nap this afternoon and when I awoke Steven Matz had pitched an amazing game and the Jets pulled off an all-time incredible trade. I am fairly certain my incredible nap is responsible for everything today.

Go back to sleep until Diaz gets the save please.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Did you forget sacks?

Apparently, lol. ?

0.5 for Mcwhatherface, 6.5 for Adams (Avg. 4 per year so far)

TFL and Sacks aren't close at all, no question.

We'll have to get those sacks and TFL from the more traditional DLine and LB positions, with Mosely and a 2nd year Q.Williams hopefully filling that gap, plus maybe Maye doing better if shifted to SS.