Costello Report: Adams to Seattle for Two First Round Picks

Lith

On 7/25/2020 at 7:02 PM, Beerfish said:

He is a good box safety, the best box safety, who does not help you win at ALL in this league.

Is an all pro long snapper a difference maker? 

List of positions more important than run stopping safety:

QB, Centre, OG, OT, TE, WR, Edge rusher, FS, DT, CB

ILB might have about the same value.

Youre embarrassing yourself

You should stop with hes not so good posts

Along with the his position isnt import therefore he isnt that good line of logic.

Is thats what left after you said Jamal wouldn't bring back a 1?  Like I said, you guys need to stop with the player ratings

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Seattle is carried by Wilson. But their schedule this year looks fairly soft. They should be in the playoffs this season.

Nonetheless, it's a great deal for New York and much more than I hoped for, especially after Adams let rip against management and ownership.

The only downside is that Adams will feel vindicated for his unprofessional approach to leaving New York. But I can live with that.

Adams will be a bust with the seahawks

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A trade is not a great one purely based on what the picks end up being.  This is a great trade regardless of what happens next.  If Douglas messes up on the picks, that's a separate issue.  

We now have 4 first rounders over the next 2 drafts, plus saved at least $16M+ in cap space that Adams would have taken up.

Plus, I think McDougald will be well-liked here, for however long he's a Jet.

Exactly.  Outcome doesn't dictate strategy.  Joe D played the trade perfectly.  We traded an All-Pro player for resources.  Now, he just needs to draft and we can improve exponentially.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Really a shame to lose a great player. I wish Adams was a bit more mature with how he handled the off-season he is an outstanding player with a ton of heart and I am sad to see him leave. Hopefully we can atleast turn the picks into something worth while

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

A BIT more mature?  LOL.

Love that there are some people sad about this news.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, fullblast said:

25lrky.thumb.jpg.62c404dec3f0bb08523cc37e1cd10ede.jpg

Except Odell Beckham plays a position that matters, so he (rightfully) gets tolerated.  

Also, people have come to expect that a WR will be a diva.  No one expects the Strong Safety to be the kind of nuisance Jamal will be in Seattle if he doesn't get paid in the next 6 months or so.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2021 Picks (10):

• Jets 1st
  • Seattle 1st
  • Jets 2nd
  • Jets 3rd
  • Seattle 3rd
  • Jets 4th
  • Giants 5th
  • Jets 5th
  • Jets 6th
  • Jets 7th

Plus, we already saw how Douglas can work his board.  He has opportunity here.  Amazing to see actually.  Just fukking amazing.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

Plus, we already saw how Douglas can work his board.  He has opportunity here.  Amazing to see actually.  Just fukking amazing.

Plus extra cap dollars to spend.  Perhaps on one of these guys, scheduled to hit free agency after the 2020 season:

• Chris Godwin
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster
  • Kenny Golladay
  • Keenan Allen
  • Allen Robinson
  • Cooper Kupp
  • T.Y. Hilton
  • Sympathy 1

If it wasn’t for Baker, Jamal Adams would be the NFL’s most overrated player

hes ok at best in coverage, he doesn’t get interceptions, even that 6.5 sacks stat everyone jizzes over that was because of well designed blitz plays by Greg Williams

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Yep. And we have an first the year after as well. We took an overhyped player at a low-value position, and parlayed him into multiple high round picks (and a solid player to boot). 

Brilliant move by Joe Douglas.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

If it wasn’t for Baker, Jamal Adams would be the NFL’s most overrated player

hes ok at best in coverage, he doesn’t get interceptions, even that 6.5 sacks stat everyone jizzes over that was because of well designed blitz plays by Greg Williams

The guy just got traded for 2 firsts, a third and a player, but he’s over rated?  Man, jets fans are the worst. 

there’s a reason that after all this sh!t, he still went for a monster haul. They got more for him than the jags did when they sold Jalen Ramsey.  Enough with calling the guy over rated.  

We better hope that Ashtyn Davis is worth all the hype!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, heymangold said:

The guy just got traded for 2 firsts, a third and a player, but he’s over rated?  Man, jets fans are the worst. 

there’s a reason that after all this sh!t, he still went for a monster haul. They got more for him than the jags did when they sold Jalen Ramsey.  Enough with calling the guy over rated.  

You are drinking ESPN kool aid.  Adams is not that good

43 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And every one is wrong

Hes a two time pro bowler.  

An all pro

Find me one expert who agrees with the dumb insistence on trying to convince people that he isnt good.  That his sacks dont count.  That every single expert in the media is wrong.  

You dont like him, we all get that.  Stop making shlt up, its embarrassing to read all the mindless numbers and reasons that 80, you and others try to prover the whole world wrong.  When your point is the Jets havent had talent and have been bad so therefore hes bad, youre showing a lack of understanding of the game

Hes gone, do a dance or something 

How’s Mogglez today?

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Yes, he's overrated.  That's exactly why he just got traded for more than Khalil Mack got despite barely putting up better production than current Free Agent Safety Eric Reid. 

This is a great day for Joe Douglas and the Jets.  You and the remaining few Adams' supporters can now find something else to b*tch at Jets fans about.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, he's overrated.  That's exactly why he just got traded for more than Khalil Mack got despite barely putting up better production than current Free Agent Safety Eric Reid. 

This is a great day for Joe Douglas and the Jets.  You and the remaining few Adams' supporters can now find something else to b*tch at Jets fans about.

He’s not.  But the anti-Jamal guys are louder so you guys Win.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A BIT more mature?  LOL.

Love that there are some people sad about this news.

Look I understand Adams has fans and that’s fine.  I will never get on a fan for liking a certain player.  However the guy was becoming a cancer 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

BR wrote this

"Whatever the reason for their decision, the Jets allowed one of the game's top safeties to walk out the door with a move that is bound to frustrate many within the fanbase"

Boy are they clueless 

Agree 95 percent of the fan base  is celebrating.  Evan Roberts and Joe Benigno are crying because they love Adams fit whatever reason and they are negative fans 

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And?  Anything would be better than spending $17-20M per on a Strong Safety. 

I wanted him gone.  You folks wanted him paid.  As a Jet.

You wanted him gone for chump change.  Don't try to claim otherwise.  I told you to trust in Joe D even though I loved him as a player.  We got value.  You would have Maczik'd it.    

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Did it occur to any of you insane people that Adams being a great generational player, and this being a great trade can both be true at the same time?

Generational players don’t have 90% of their fan base think they are overrated AF.

• Upvote 2