Jump to content

Costello Report: Adams to Seattle for Two First Round Picks


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

They've definitely missed the Legion of Boom days.  And you're right.  They are all in trying to win with Russell Wilson these next two years.  Those 1st round picks may be late....but I doubt both of them will be 32nd.  If Seattle has one off year in the next two then I could see one of these picks being somewhere around 20....and take a look at the players drafted this year between say 20 and 25.  We could have used MANY of them.

Also, that NFC West is not an easy division.  49ers are defending NFC champions, Rams are still decent and well-coached, and I think Arizona is an improving team with Kyler Murray at QB.  It's conceivable that Seattle is a Wild Card team the next two years.

If they lose RW to injury we maybe picking-top 15 X 2 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice job, JD.  Two 1s and a 3 plus a player for Adams and a 4.  Given the situation, that is a great return.

Bye bye prick. 

go off bell

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Did it occur to any of you insane people that Adams being a great generational player, and this being a great trade can both be true at the same time?

As I have said from the get go, you trade him for two number 1's. An extra player and pick on top is just gravy.

A blitz specialist strong safety as amazing as he is, isn't taking a team with the Jets talent level to the super bowl. For Seattle, yes he could be that piece. Trade makes sense.

My last point here is that I'm just a little bummed that this social media generation is just very unaware of how to act like decent people. Adams lives in a bubble that way to many kids his age are prone to falling into. It's weird.

We've been moving in this direction for over a decade.  Kids think they have a voice because they have access to social media.  Probably some truth to it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 # 1 picks and a 3rd. No way Jamaal gets extended this year (prove it year) and if he gets burned by Debo, Krupp, Woods, Van Jefferson or Aiyuk and the fan base will turn on him

Edited by 32EBoozer
Link to post
Share on other sites
A BIT more mature?  LOL.
Love that there are some people sad about this news.
We should all be sad the kid was the only pulse on a dead team for the passed couple of years. He is a great player and he will be missed. Yes he was super immature a bit more mature I would have been fine with I don't care if a kid acts like a kid but he should not have acted like a baby.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nico002 said:

No they really don’t. Give me one example of a generational player that is called overrated by 90% or it’s fanbase

Dude most reasonable people on here realize he's a great player, but one that plays at a position of little value in todays nfl. Reasonable people on here can make that distinction, lunatics just say oVeRrAteD. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreekJet said:

Namath

Maynard

Martin

Revis

Klecko

Adams

Greatest players ever to wear green and white 

Those players actually helped the team win or get into the playoffs. Adams did neither 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sammybighead said:

He doesn’t love us. He put us through hell and bailed. Like adding “Luv” to the end of his statements makes him ok with fans

He called jets fans racist a mere few weeks ago.  He’s on IG live smoking cigar and acting like a child.  And I’m pretty sure in his post to Seattle fans he referred to himself as a “leader”.  Yeah right hah

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

He doesn’t love us. He put us through hell and bailed. Like adding “Luv” to the end of his statements makes him ok with fans

Agreed.  That post is such a crock of sh*t

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

How’s Mogglez today?

Two ones and a 3.

You have to love the trade.  

I liked Adams on the field.  He took it too far and ruined all of that being hell bent on a new deal.  One that if he were patient and handled it well probably was coming.  SO on with Jamal and in with whoever comes in with those picks.  The best out of a real shltty situation.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreekJet said:

Namath

Maynard

Martin

Revis

Klecko

Adams

Greatest players ever to wear green and white 

Great players to talk about are awesome, but at the end of the day, it doesn’t mean anything unless they win a championship. Having a HOF player means nothing if your team wins 5 games a year. Don’t get attached to any one player, they come and go. Just keep rooting for laundry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Namath

Maynard

Martin

Revis

Klecko

Adams

Greatest players ever to wear green and white 

In this context, greatness is defined by the legacy you left. To that end, Adams doesn't belong on this list.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jets723 said:

I love it.  JD is all business.  I think he was interested in Adams  staying but realized this guy was a complete distraction and headache.  Instead of making a quick deal for a lesser return he bided his time until he got what he wanted.  This is the sign of a good GM

I think douglas wanted to trade Adams all along, which is why he strung him along so teams would think he’s wanted by the jets to inflate his value.  I think when douglas first heard what Adams wanted he knew he was ultimately going to trade him.  Adams is not a ball hawk and his sacks are inflated b/c they had no other pass rushers and had to blitz him a ridiculous amount which inflated the sack number.  So i think douglas sat patiently and waited for the right offer to come along and planned for adams’ departure during the draft by taking Davis.  This is a very calculated move by douglas, just like when he traded back in the 2nd round and patiently waited to take mims.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fullblast said:

In this context, greatness is defined by the legacy you left. To that end, Adams doesn't belong on this list.

It was a pleasure to watch him suit up for the Jets. I think they should temporarily hold off on handing another player #33. 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think douglas wanted to trade Adams all along, which is why he strung him along so teams would think he’s wanted by the jets to inflate his value.  I think when douglas first heard what Adams wanted he knew he was ultimately going to trade him.  Adams is not a ball hawk and his sacks are inflated b/c they had no other pass rushers and had to blitz him a ridiculous amount which inflated the sack number.  So i think douglas sat patiently and waited for the right offer to come along and planned for adams’ departure during the draft by taking Davis.  This is a very calculated move by douglas, just like when he traded back in the 2nd round and patiently waited to take mims.  

You may be right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Two ones and a 3.

You have to love the trade.  

I liked Adams on the field.  He took it too far and ruined all of that being hell bent on a new deal.  One that if he were patient and handled it well probably was coming.  SO on with Jamal and in with whoever comes in with those picks.  The best out of a real shltty situation.  

Guess Mogglez is really taking it to you huh - way to be a good sport 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Namath

Maynard

Martin

Revis

Klecko

Adams

Greatest players ever to wear green and white 

Your obviously trolling but I’ll play along ..Brick and Mangold were  both better players than Adams..so was Freeman McNeil, Gastineau , Wesley Walker ..Mickey Shuler was a better Jet ...stop it . I could name 20 more easily. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jolot said:

Your obviously trolling but I’ll play along ..Brick and Mangold were  both better players than Adams..so was Freeman McNeil, Gastineau , Wesley Walker ..Mickey Shuler was a better Jet ...stop it . I could name 20 more easily. 

Better Jets yet-but better players?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...