Costello Report: Adams to Seattle for Two First Round Picks

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice job, JD.  Two 1s and a 3 plus a player for Adams and a 4.  Given the situation, that is a great return.

Bye bye prick. 

go off bell

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Your obviously trolling but I’ll play along ..Brick and Mangold were  both better players than Adams..so was Freeman McNeil, Gastineau , Wesley Walker ..Mickey Shuler was a better Jet ...stop it . I could name 20 more easily. 

It’s absurd 

The guy played for us for 3 years, didn’t even force a single turnover in one of them, just made a bigger public stink than maybe any player in this teams history, and he’s one of the Top 6 Jets of all-time?

The unwarranted love for this guy that some possess is mind boggling.

He’ll probably go down as my most hated Jet ever.

• Upvote 3
42 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

You wanted him gone for chump change.  Don't try to claim otherwise.  I told you to trust in Joe D even though I loved him as a player.  We got value.  You would have Maczik'd it.    

I wanted Joe to get the most he could out of Jamal.  If that was a 2nd rounder, so be it.  Anything rather than to pay him.  I was on record numerous times stating as much.

Macc would have handed him over $100M well before this.  Don't try to spin what I wanted as a Macc situation.  You and @Pac are doing an admirable job trying to show you were right all along.  But you weren't on the right side of history on this one.

But if you want to take the W, take the W.  Jamal is gone and for great trade compensation to boot.  I'd rather be considered wrong and have this be the end result than the alternative.

• Upvote 1

The below-the-radar part of the Jamal Adams trade that nobody is talking about is that we acquired a guy named Bradley McDougald.  Not "Bradley McDougal" but "Bradley McDougald".  That had to be a typo on his birth certificate.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

He was a mistake too & will be gone next year!

Speaking of gone... Didn't you start a thread last week saying you were done with the NFL and this message board? 

Back already?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Boynton Beach Jets said:

Jamal is a nice player and would be nice to have him, but he wanted out.  Him bashing a coach was the last straw.  You should never pay a safety the most on your team... I thought we would get a bag of balls for Jamal.  Shocked and thrilled how much we got.  Plus we get relieved of salary cap the next couple of years, when the NFL salary cap is going down.  Joe Douglas had the foresight to draft Ashton Davis.  Sounds like we may have a good GM.

Agreed.   I didn’t think there was a chance in hell JD could get two firsts for Jamal especially after all the BS Jamal has been pulling lately.   The franchise is in good hands.  

• Upvote 4
30 minutes ago, heymangold said:

He called jets fans racist a mere few weeks ago.  He’s on IG live smoking cigar and acting like a child.  And I’m pretty sure in his post to Seattle fans he referred to himself as a “leader”.  Yeah right hah

Glad you finally saw him for what he is.  Better late than never!

Wild. Adams was talented but I won’t miss the antics.

Really sets the Jets up to put the exclamation point on the rebuild with some young talent over the next couple of drafts.

32 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Great players to talk about are awesome, but at the end of the day, it doesn’t mean anything unless they win a championship. Having a HOF player means nothing if your team wins 5 games a year. Don’t get attached to any one player, they come and go. Just keep rooting for laundry.

Championship?  Hell.  Jamal didn't even make the playoffs, and was only here for 3 seasons.

In no list of "great Jets" does Adams make the cut.  He literally didn't want to be here.  Revis >>>>> Jamal.  And I don't like Revis.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  He forced his way out.  There's no mutual love here, Jamal.  But good for you for at least taking the high road once in your career with this tweet.

I would still blow him a kiss. His problem with the brass isn’t totally mine to judged. On the field he good JET

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Championship?  Hell.  Jamal didn't even make the playoffs, and was only here for 3 seasons.

In no list of "great Jets" does Adams make the cut.  He literally didn't want to be bhere.

Putting aside all the tweets, all the ego and all the drama, there were simply too many games in which adams didn’t make an impact play.  He is definitely overrated as a pure impact player.  

• Upvote 4

For years I've jokingly said that Mehta deserved a swift kick in the balls for his antics.  I put some of this on him because he willingly provided the vehicle that allowed one of the best players on the team to force his way out.

I'm not that mad that he's gone, especially since we cleaned up in that trade.

But Mehta - I'll seriously take the B misdemeanor now to square up on that **** face.  Combine 2021 - #myfootMehta'sballs 

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Props to you. 

9 pages in, and you're the first guy to say "I thought we'd get a bag of balls for him..." Meanwhile a ton of amateur GMs here were saying the same thing. Remember all the "he's just a box safety" BS?

Adams shot his way out of town, and after this week when he went after the owner and HC, anyone with a brain knew he was gone.

I loved Adams as a player, and wanted to keep him. However it was obvious that Douglas had decided not to give him a new deal. I was always okay with trading him if we had to, as long as we got a good return for him. We did. In fact I think we did great here. Hopefully in 3 years or so we see the benefits of this deal.

Lesson learned? Anytime the leaders of the Jamal bashers here ever try to tell you what a player's trade value is again, don't pay them any mind. They don't know s**t.

It's satisfying to know that all the "Don't trade Jamal, pay him" crowd has to say today is "lol you were wrong on the trade compensation!  Don't you feel bad???"

I feel great and am happy to be wrong.  

Now go ahead and call Joe Douglas the GOAT.  Because he is.  He got two firsts, a 3rd, and a solid DB and ballplayer back for a Box Safety and a 2022 4th.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I would still blow him a kiss. His problem with the brass isn’t totally mine to judged. On the field he good JET

His problem with the Jets' brass was almost entirely made up in his narcissistic brain.  Anything they did wrong, he was 1000x worse in return.

They just set him up to make a lot of money with a strong franchise.  He'll be just fine.

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

Always good to check the opposing team's forum for their sense of the trade.

Some of them love it even at the price because LOB and all.  But most are in the camp of "love the player, hate the price".  Which is pretty much what we feel.  Great player.  Hate to lose his production, but LOVE the trade.

This.

Plenty of capital now for a rebuild, but short term, our team lost it's best player going into this season. Not much top talent on this team right now. Defense just took a big hit.

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If the offensive line was proven, I’d say trade one of those picks for a pass rusher like Yannick. We need talent more than youth 

we need youthful talent.  yannick accomplishes both of those goals.. depending on what they were asking or getting i wouldnt be opposed to taking a swing for him.  The issue is you almost upbid yourself, you just got that haul for Adams, who while viewed as a top player in the league, doesnt play a premium position or have the impact stats that yannick has.

So if we got that haul for adams, what do you think the jags are looking to get now for Yannik?

• Like 2