Costello Report: Adams to Seattle for Two First Round Picks

Lith

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Championship?  Hell.  Jamal didn't even make the playoffs, and was only here for 3 seasons.

In no list of "great Jets" does Adams make the cut.  He literally didn't want to be here.  Revis >>>>> Jamal.  And I don't like Revis.

ffs, adams is looking uo at victor green

• Upvote 2

Very happy with this trade!

JD now has a bounty of first round picks of which he can even leverage to move up next year’s draft order if need be.

But more importantly the Pain in the ass P.I.T.A is gone.

Thank you Jamal’s agent;

Thank you Seattle’s GM;

Thank you Cromartie;

Thank you Mentha ( you got played you idiot)

Now on to training camp.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's satisfying to know that all the "Don't trade Jamal, pay him" crowd has to say today is "lol you were wrong on the trade compensation!  Don't you feel bad???"

I feel great and am happy to be wrong.  

Now go ahead and call Joe Douglas the GOAT.  Because he is.  He got two firsts, a 3rd, and a solid DB and ballplayer back for a Box Safety and a 2022 4th.

First of all, I always said I was okay with trading him, if we got back a nice haul. Yes I would've preferred to resign him, , but I would've made this deal in a second for Darnold, much less Adams.

You should feel great. The Jets made a great trade., but you weren't just wrong. You were incredibly wrong. Your over the top evaluation of Adams and his play and "positional value" was a joke. 

Real, actual foot people valued him as one of the best players in the league, and you pranced around here like you knew more than they did, all day, every day. LOL. 

You didn't know jack. You weren't even close.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Guys, I am so happy. The return is great, but I mostly enjoy that he’s not a Cowboy and that his enablers all look like ******* dicks. Please think of me when you’re pouring that champagne tonight. Best night since they hired Parcells. 

I am so glad he is gone and hoping against hope that, for whatever reason, the Seahawks suck the next couple of years.

5 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

First of all, I always said I was okay with trading him, if we got back a nice haul. Yes I would've preferred to resign him, , but I would've made this deal in a second for Darnold, much less Adams.

You should feel great. The Jets made a great trade., but you weren't just wrong. You were incredibly wrong. Your over the top evaluation of Adams and his play and "positional value" was a joke. 

Real, actual foot people valued him as one of the best players in the league, and you pranced around here like you knew more than they did, all day, every day. LOL. 

1666616776_download(4).jpeg.eabca64e8011549ad05460ca3330026c.jpeg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Hot take: CJ Moseley being healthy for 16 games will have a bigger positive impact on this team and defense than the negative impact of Jamal Adams not being on the team. Mosley is truly a leader of men. Adams just acted like one.

If Q is the real deal nobody will miss adams.  But i don’t think he is.

16 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

troll dancing GIF

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We were going to be 8-8 with him and now we’re going to go 8–8 with two extra 1’s and a freed-up $100 million dollars to sign free agents. 

I agree with most of this, except the 8 wins part. Defense is the strength of this team, and it got a lot worse now for the '20 season. I had us for 7 or 8, but that seems unlikely now.

Another thing I like, that nobody has mentioned yet (because he's the golden child here) is this is Darnold's 3rd year. If he doesn't progress, we now have the draft capital need to move up and get just about any QB prospect we want. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

5 hours ago, PS17 said:

Wilson signed a four year extension. Seattle has never had a 500 season or a losing record under Wilson. Don’t get your hopes up. 

Those picks will translate into more Assets surrounding Sam Darnold, even if they are bottom of the first round, who is hands down the most important Asset on the NY Jets and must be treated as such.

Adams is a luxury that a team like the Jets in their current state can not afford.

I’m in awe of the haul Joe Douglas got for, yes a top Safety (who is not even a complete player), but again A SAFETY (not a Corner, not a bonafide Pass Rusher) who had had  his very best games against the weakest of sisters on the Jet schedule.

Douglas must have gotten Seattle’s GM drunk, probably has his wallet too.

• Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Props to you. 

9 pages in, and you're the first guy to say "I thought we'd get a bag of balls for him..." Meanwhile a ton of amateur GMs here were saying the same thing. Remember all the "he's just a box safety" BS?

Adams shot his way out of town, and after this week when he went after the owner and HC, anyone with a brain knew he was gone.

I loved Adams as a player, and wanted to keep him. However it was obvious that Douglas had decided not to give him a new deal. I was always okay with trading him if we had to, as long as we got a good return for him. We did. In fact I think we did great here. Hopefully in 3 years or so we see the benefits of this deal.

Lesson learned? Anytime the leaders of the Jamal bashers here ever try to tell you what a player's trade value is again, don't pay them any mind. They don't know s**t.

And there was one amateur GM on here who was giddy that Adams would get 20 million a year after an edge rusher and FQ got contracts, but then after Adams put down the GM and Coach he went off the grid. So to put it bluntly, you don't know sh*t and it is about time you admitted it.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I agree with most of this, except the 8 wins part. Defense is the strength of this team, and it got a lot worse now for the '20 season. I had us for 7 or 8, but that seems unlikely now.

Another thing I like, that nobody has mentioned yet (because he's the golden child here) is this is Darnold's 3rd year. If he doesn't progress, we now have the draft capital need to move up and get just about any QB prospect we want. 

True but more likely they use these picks to get premium positions, i.e. pass rushers, stud wrs and perhaps a RT.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I’m not a Francesa fan but he had been 100 percent right about Adams all along.  He put himself above the team and he thinks is the the greatest ?.  

He was right about Sanchez too.... the hot dog eating . Francesa called him out and said NO leader does that.   We called him fat man etc....  he was right.  

4 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

And there was one amateur GM on here who was giddy that Adams would get 20 million a year after an edge rusher and FQ got contracts, but then after Adams put down the GM and Coach he went off the grid. So to put it bluntly, you don't know sh*t and it is about time you admitted it.

I never went "off the grid"... anyone with a brain knew Adams was gone once he went after the owner and HC.

You didn't, because you don't have one. Your posts prove that.

BTW get back to me when Adams gets paid his 17 million. The 20 was just a number 80 pulled out of his a** to fire up the munchkins like you who eat that stuff up. I had fun with it... like 80, I love riling guys like you up.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think, regardless of whether Adams was on the team or not, the season is coming down to Darnold becoming good. Adams’ presence has no impact on that, so the season isn’t impacted at all. 

And don’t you think that in some rare sobering moments, adams realized this too, and also, realized that that’s what gase and douglas think too?

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We were going to be 8-8 with him and now we’re going to go 8–8 with two extra 1’s and a freed-up $100 million dollars to sign free agents. 

Don't know how to link from Facebook, but the Jets posted this. They're already trolling the Prez.

Screenshot_20200725-213914.png

• Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Hills you are determined to die on here are getting weirder.

Pete Carroll, aging and pining for the pre-Butler Pick glory days and the Legion of Boom (Built on the backs of mid round picks and homegrown talent), grossly overpaid for a player who will not live up to the compensation or the  LOB of yesteryear....and you're crowing about it (???) at other posters, instead of enjoying the trade? You even managed to get a dig in on the QB in a thread about trading a disgruntled bitch that shot his way outta town for a f*cking absolute HAUL....

You're living up to your new name, dude. 

never disappoints

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Douglas had traded Adams for a 2nd and 4th, you'd be on here today talking about how bad Douglas it at his job.  And I'd still be calling him smart for clearing cap space and getting something back for Adams.

I've been consistent about my view towards JD.  Only now are you recognizing his genius.

My victory lap continues.

LOL. Stay hydrated. It's hot out there.

I'll "consider" Douglas a genius when I see how his picks pan out. 

Today he got back the going rate for top defensive backs like Ramsey, Fitzpatrick and Adams. You want to act like he invented the wheel? Go for it. It's a good day for Jets fans. We're all happy, have fun. Nobody really cares now how incredibly wrong you were.

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Hills you are determined to die on here are getting weirder.

Pete Carroll, aging and pining for the pre-Butler Pick glory days and the Legion of Boom (Built on the backs of mid round picks and homegrown talent), grossly overpaid for a player who will not live up to the compensation or the  LOB of yesteryear....and you're crowing about it (???) at other posters, instead of enjoying the trade? You even managed to get a dig in on the QB in a thread about trading a disgruntled bitch that shot his way outta town for a f*cking absolute HAUL....

You're living up to your new name, dude. 

I love the trade. I'm just breaking 80's chops about how wrong he was about Adams trade value.

Props for catching the Darnold thing... ?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Lith said:

Nice job, JD.  Two 1s and a 3 plus a player for Adams and a 4.  Given the situation, that is a great return.

JN traffic hardest hit.

Sad news to come back from Shabbos and see that Jamal succeeded in shooting his way out of town. But this is a great return for the player, especially given that they had no real shot at resigning him. 

33 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

He progressed nicely last year compiling a 7-5 record when healthy.  Just worry about your boy Josh "I have no accuracy" Allen, and let Jets fans worry about Darnold.