Costello Report: Adams to Seattle for Two First Round Picks

Lith

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.   I didn’t think there was a chance in hell JD could get two firsts for Jamal especially after all the BS Jamal has been pulling lately.   The franchise is in good hands.  

I did not think the Jets had much leverage especially with training camp and the Jets do not want him splitting the locker room.  Great job Joe!

11 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

LOL. Stay hydrated. It's hot out there.

I'll "consider" Douglas a genius when I see how his picks pan out. 

Today he got back the going rate for top defensive backs like Ramsey, Fitzpatrick and Adams. You want to act like he invented the wheel? Go for it. It's a good day for Jets fans. We're all happy, have fun. Nobody really cares now how incredibly wrong you were.

Ok Troll....from Adams getting 100 million  contact  to this nonsense is a stretch. You can't even see who the real fool is, turn around and look in the mirror.

• Upvote 2

This was a great trade by Douglas.   The key is can he draft the right guys with these picks.  In the past ten years Jets have never had a first round pick stick around more than five years except for Wilkerson and that was a mistake to sign him to that deal.  

This trade has the potential to be like the 2000 draft where we had four first round picks and did well on them.  

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

LOL. Stay hydrated. It's hot out there.

I'll "consider" Douglas a genius when I see how his picks pan out. 

Today he got back the going rate for top defensive backs like Ramsey, Fitzpatrick and Adams. You want to act like he invented the wheel? Go for it. It's a good day for Jets fans. We're all happy, have fun. Nobody really cares now how incredibly wrong you were.

Your schtick doesn’t work when you take the troll angle on every subject. We traded Adams for a lot more than Ramsey and Fitzpatrick. More than 2x of Fitzpatrick (also a safety) and more Ramsey even though he plays a much more valuable position (corner). 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Your schtick doesn’t work when you take the troll angle on every subject. We traded Adams for a lot more than Ramsey and Fitzpatrick. More than 2x of Fitzpatrick (also a safety) and more Ramsey even though he plays a much more valuable position (corner). 

You forgot to take into account that Adams is better than both of them though.

Still... good trade. I'm happy.

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Props to you. 

9 pages in, and you're the first guy to say "I thought we'd get a bag of balls for him..." Meanwhile a ton of amateur GMs here were saying the same thing. Remember all the "he's just a box safety" BS?

Adams shot his way out of town, and after this week when he went after the owner and HC, anyone with a brain knew he was gone.

I loved Adams as a player, and wanted to keep him. However it was obvious that Douglas had decided not to give him a new deal. I was always okay with trading him if we had to, as long as we got a good return for him. We did. In fact I think we did great here. Hopefully in 3 years or so we see the benefits of this deal.

Lesson learned? Anytime the leaders of the Jamal bashers here ever try to tell you what a player's trade value is again, don't pay them any mind. They don't know s**t.

Losing the talent sucks, But we will be better in the long run.  All the picks we have into the future will build us for the long run. The salary cap is going down next year so the money we save from Jamal will be huge.  Now looking at the Ashton Davis pick shows that Joe Douglas is one step ahead of what is going on.  How unusual usually a Jets GM is 3 steps behind.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I agree that he’s better, but that is a subjective opinion which many will disagree with. Making it irrelevant to this point. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If Q is the real deal nobody will miss adams.  But i don’t think he is.

No one will miss Adams anyway.  Someone else will make up those 61 tackles and I suspect we'll still be able to hold our own against Dwayne Haskins and Daniel Jones.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Ramsey actually went for a pretty similar package (Two First’s and fourth) 

Adams went for two firsts a third and a veteran starter also giving up a 4th round pick in 2021. 

Adams did go for more than Khalil Mack and OBJ. 

5 hours ago, Drums said:

My exact thoughts right now. I am excited to see what JD can do with those picks. 

With JD I already think of them more as ammo than picks.  Move up, move back, gamble, calculate, get guys you aim for.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

My bar opened up today. Nature is healing.

7FA8116F-2784-409B-B230-12216FD83048.jpeg

Kopi Luwak is coffee made from the fecal matter of the Asian Civet cat. It’s anal glands perfume the lightly digested coffee beans of local Singaporean farms. It is the most expensive coffee in the world.

• WTF? 1

16 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Adams isn't on the same stratosphere as Ramsey, and Ramsey plays a tougher and more important position.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Take a look at what happened to the Rams and Bears after they gave up those 2 first round picks, it set both franchises way back. Both those teams are in trouble for a long time coming. I think the Jets did good here and Seattle will regret this 

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Adams isn't on the same stratosphere as Ramsey, and Ramsey plays a tougher and more important position.

ahh the positional value thing again, huh? Why do these GMs make these trades for guys like Fitzpatrick and Adams? Why don't they subscribe to the JN value theory?

Moggs, I like the trade. At this point Adams had to go, he shot his way out of town. Lets not act like he wasn't an excellent player for the Jets though. He was.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Trolly McTrollface said:

ahh the positional value thing again, huh? Why do these GMs make these trades for guys like Fitzpatrick and Adams? Why don't they subscribe to the JN value theory?

Moggs, I like the trade. At this point Adams had to go, he shot his way out of town. Lets not act like he wasn't an excellent player though for the Jets though. He was.

Didn't say he wasn't a excellent player.

He's still not on the same stratosphere as Ramsey, an excellent CB.  Ramsey is also a more valuable player.  

Minkah didn't get half the haul Adams got.  He's irrelevant to this discussion.  The Ramsey case was closer.

The Seattle Seahawks made the trade because they are desperate and in a win-now mode.  Getting a great player doesn't mean that doesn't mean they weren't fleeced.  Most (knowledgeable) fans (ex: Not on Twitter) believe we won this trade in a landslide.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Take a look at what happened to the Rams and Bears after they gave up those 2 first round picks, it set both franchises way back. Both those teams are in trouble for a long time coming. I think the Jets did good here and Seattle will regret this 

Seattle is different than those franchises as they probably have the 2nd best QB in the NFL. They also are an organization that knows how to find talent outside of Rd 1.

2 hours ago, GreekJet said:

It was a pleasure to watch him suit up for the Jets. I think they should temporarily hold off on handing another player #33. 

Yea If I’m the guy who assigns numbers,  McDougald will be wearing #33 this season. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Didn't say he wasn't a excellent player.

He's still not on the same stratosphere as Ramsey, an excellent CB.  Ramsey is also a more valuable player.  

Minkah didn't get half the haul Adams got.  He's irrelevant to this discussion.  The Ramsey case was closer.

The Seattle Seahawks made the trade because they are desperate and in a win-now mode.  Getting a great player doesn't mean that doesn't mean they weren't fleeced.  Most (knowledgeable) fans (ex: Not on Twitter) believe we won this trade in a landslide.

The Seahawks got a 25 year old player who is one of the best players in the league. We got picks we hope will pan out in three years.

What is "desperate" about their situation, exactly? They have one of the top 3 QBs in the game, and he has at least 8 years left in him. They are a well run organization, that knows how to win. Not to mention one of the biggest home field advantages in the league, maybe the biggest.

We should be so desperate.

The only thing I’m upset about is that my unreasonable spite filled dream to let him rot on the bench or else wallow in misery in Jacksonville or Detroit didn’t come to fruition.

Absolutely incredible job by Joe D to get more in return for a freaking safety than the Raiders got for freaking Khalil Mack. And if he manages to parlay a portion of this trade into say, Yannick Ngakoue or an offensive weapon, then not only will he set us up beautifully for the future, but also improve the team on the field this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

The Seahawks got a 25 year old player who is one of the best players in the league. We got picks we hope will pan out in three years.

What is "desperate" about their situation, exactly? They have one of the top 3 QBs in the game, and he has at least 8 years left in him. They are a well run organization, that knows how to win. Not to mention one of the biggest home field advantages in the league, maybe the biggest.

We should be so desperate.

Their cap situation isn't the best and they have a number of guys that they need to re-sign.  Pete Carroll likely doesn't have many years left in him either. They're going all in before needing to blow it up and retool.  That's what I mean when I say desperate.  Nothing wrong with it, but when you need to retool, you're going to need first round draft picks.  Blowing two of them on a SS isn't what I would consider a smart allocation of resources, but Seattle went ahead and did so best of luck to them.  I don't think this move makes them better than SF, and the Rams can definitely give them a run for their money if they bounce back this year.

• Upvote 1