Costello Report: Adams to Seattle for Two First Round Picks

Lith

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Honestly I felt if CJ Mosley was healthy He would have been our best defensive player.  He was flat out dominant against a Buffalo before getting hurt.  So I have to agree to disagree with you on that.  Adams is very talented but objectively he isn’t this monster defensive player 

Could be.  But Adams was our best player, that’s a given over 14 starts not 1/2 of football so that all I’m going by.  Along with 2 prior seasons.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Could be.  But Adams was our best player, that’s a given over 14 starts not 1/2 of football so that all I’m going by.  Along with 2 prior seasons.  

To be fair that’s not saying much ? .  Considering our lack of draft pick success and no oline/weapons.  However a healthy Mosley I put on the same level as Jamal.  I stand by what I said though and think it’s fair. Adams  is a very talented Pro bowl player but not a game changing too 5 player like he thinks he is 

10 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

To be fair that’s not saying much ? .  Considering our lack of draft pick success and no oline/weapons.  However a healthy Mosley I put on the same level as Jamal.  I stand by what I said though and think it’s fair. Adams  is a very talented Pro bowl player but not a game changing too 5 player like he thinks he is 

Agree up until we to the point where we guess what a healthy CJ would have done in 2019.  I know what Adams did, think I know what CJ would have done but it’s a guesstimate 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Agree up until we to the point where we guess what a healthy CJ would have done in 2019.  I know what Adams did, think I know what CJ would have done but it’s a guesstimate 

That’s fair.  Look I’m not saying Adams is not a very good player he obviously is despite being a huge pain in the ass.  But I’m sorry I haven’t seen any evidence that he is this dominant game changing defensive player 

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

That’s fair.  Look I’m not saying Adams is not a very good player he obviously is despite being a huge pain in the ass.  But I’m sorry I haven’t seen any evidence that he is this dominant game changing defensive player 

I get what your saying but I think Adams being a complete Dick clouds his talents thats all. I’ve seen Adams help beat teams and for what that’s worth CJ is winless as a Jet.  Doesn’t change how much I appreciate Mosely and his talents

24/7 Mock 2021 NFL Draft 

6. NEW YORK JETS: JUSTYN ROSS, CLEMSON, WR

9548098.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320 (Photo: Cory Fravel, 247Sports)

Thanks to their 2020 first-round pick, Mekhi Becton, the Jets look to be on the upswing defensively. Now, the thought is, they'll focus on giving their (hopefully healthy) QB, Sam Darnold, a fresh weapon: 6-foot-4 Clemson wide receiver Justyn Ross, a new entry on our big board. 

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I get what your saying but I think Adams being a complete Dick clouds his talents thats all. I’ve seen Adams help beat teams and for what that’s worth CJ is winless as a Jet.  Doesn’t change how much I appreciate Mosely and his talents

I disagree.  Him being a dick doesnt cloud my judgment in his talent., there have been a lot of players I hated yet were bigtime players and I give them credit for that.  I think my overall analysis of Adams is a fair one and it’s had nothing to do with his attitude 

So, Joe Douglas has made two trades, Leonard Williams for 2020 3rd round pick (Denzel Mims) and then and a 5th round 2021 pick, Jamal Adams (who had gotten to be a pain in the buttocks and maybe in the locker room this year) and a 2021 4th round pick for McDougald (Starting Safety) a 2021 1st and 3rd round pick and a 2021 1st round pick.... I think Joe D is doing his due diligence and doing it well !!!

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well in the short time he played he had a pick 6 in game one..

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

24/7 Mock 2021 NFL Draft 

6. NEW YORK JETS: JUSTYN ROSS, CLEMSON, WR

9548098.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320 (Photo: Cory Fravel, 247Sports)

Thanks to their 2020 first-round pick, Mekhi Becton, the Jets look to be on the upswing defensively. Now, the thought is, they'll focus on giving their (hopefully healthy) QB, Sam Darnold, a fresh weapon: 6-foot-4 Clemson wide receiver Justyn Ross, a new entry on our big board. 

hmm?

Thanks to their 2020 first-round pick, Mekhi Becton, the Jets look to be on the upswing defensively.

47 minutes ago, Schmidt said:

So, Joe Douglas has made two trades, Leonard Williams for 2020 3rd round pick (Denzel Mims) and then and a 5th round 2021 pick, Jamal Adams (who had gotten to be a pain in the buttocks and maybe in the locker room this year) and a 2021 4th round pick for McDougald (Starting Safety) a 2021 1st and 3rd round pick and a 2021 1st round pick.... I think Joe D is doing his due diligence and doing it well !!!

Good point.  Douglas has been killing it with trades so far

• Upvote 1

To what point?  Our record with and without Sam is clear evidence of him being our best and most valuable player

We have had Sam for 2 seasons ... What is our record over those two seasons ... Availability is of a players greatest traits and needs to be accounted for ... Period ... End of story.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

True but he was literally helping us win the game against a tough opponent.  Once he went down the Bills took advantage.  

I get that but I can’t draw conclusions off a half of a single game.  I can’t wait to see him healthy on the field

On 7/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, JTJet said:

This shows he has iron nuts and played the game out perfectly. 

That’s the part that’s impressive. From the beginning of this affair in October ‘19, it was reported Joe D would only budge for an enormous haul. As he knew how great a player Adams is. It’s just a very positive statement about Joe D’s GM bona fides. Now his ‘20 draft class and the next two must produce a pimpin young roster. 

And now the NY beat is starting to report what @Mogglez has been posting for over a year:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/26/jamal-adams-trade-takeaways-jets-teammates-wont-be-too-upset/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

"However, Adams’ leadership has been greatly overstated. Adams led by being a great player. He was not a beloved figure in the locker room and I’m not sure how many teammates will be sad to see him go. They will miss his ability on the field but not his act off it. Adams became more and more about himself over the team from his social media “Prez” persona to screaming at his teammates on the sideline in Jacksonville last year."

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

And now the NY beat is starting to report what @Mogglez has been posting for over a year:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/26/jamal-adams-trade-takeaways-jets-teammates-wont-be-too-upset/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

"However, Adams’ leadership has been greatly overstated. Adams led by being a great player. He was not a beloved figure in the locker room and I’m not sure how many teammates will be sad to see him go. They will miss his ability on the field but not his act off it. Adams became more and more about himself over the team from his social media “Prez” persona to screaming at his teammates on the sideline in Jacksonville last year."

If you listen to the Greg Williams interview he said he's never seen a player like Mosley even though he was hurt he attended every meeting and was there when players needed him for advice.. He said Mosley could run a defense by himself he's that good..

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The QB always is the biggest difference maker in a game not the strong safety..

Which has nothing to do with who’s the best player.  With every team the QB is the most important player, the biggest difference maker.  Lots of those teams where the QB isn’t the best player though

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Which has nothing to do with who’s the best player.  With every team the QB is the most important player, the biggest difference maker.  Lots of those teams where the QB isn’t the best player though

I agree that Adams was the best last year since Mosley didn't play.. And if anyone has a doubt just ask him..B)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Who would you suggest?  Allen Robinson and JuJu Smith-Schuster are appealing but they may not be on the block.

41 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Allen Robinson? 

Both would be well worth getting for the sake of Sam.