Costello Report: Adams to Seattle for Two First Round Picks

Lith

3 hours ago, ECURB said:

Now leverage the picks to trade for a player that can help Sam NOW

I really hope he doesn’t, and I don’t think he will. I believe Joe Douglas to be an old school build-thru-the-draft guy, and that he’ll want to spend that draft capitol in the draft. Just looking at what’s out there, if he makes a major move at this point it’ll be for a defensive player (Ryan, Clowney). 

Jets aren’t ready for prime time right now, and trading a pick for a higher priced veteran isn’t going to help get them there any faster. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, slats said:

I really hope he doesn’t, and I don’t think he will. I believe Joe Douglas to be an old school build-thru-the-draft guy, and that he’ll want to spend that draft capitol in the draft. Just looking at what’s out there, if he makes a major move at this point it’ll be for a defensive player (Ryan, Clowney). 

Jets aren’t ready for prime time right now, and trading a pick for a higher priced veteran isn’t going to help get them there any faster. 

WRs take about 3 years to develop... you can’t wait until Sam is in years 5-7 for a legit #1 WR

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I want a horse WR for Sam, though. If they can get Juju for one of those ones, go do it tonight

Me too. I could imagine that Douglass is probably thinking next year is supposed to be a loaded WR class and he can get a Juju there...

But I'd certainly be tempted. I think they played together but don't remember reading if Sam and Juju are tight?

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

LOL

@Eaton Beaver and @GaryM  (aka Dumb and Dumber) doing their two girl dance routine. Yawn...

:cheergal::cheergal:

And having you,,, the dumbest, comment on me is absolutely priceless , you are a complete a$$hole who cannot defend himself against all he preached with the Adams issue. You are a complete fraud and troll, and I am glad to expose that here.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, slats said:

he won't

he ain't that ******* stupid.

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Tons of true #1s that shake loose right?

Nope.  Yet by that same reasoning you think the Jets can just go trade for JuJu or Robinson without a problem?

The trade deadline will be the time to try to grab a guy like that.  No one will make a deal with us right now.

It is negative.....  and its true.   we have had basically a 10 year run of WARM dog shly for GM's.   Douglas did a good job here but going back 8 years how many of our 1st and 2nds are on the team???

So are you suggesting that we are bringing back former GMs to make these picks? There’s a new sheriff in town. I’m not sure why people keep using our poor draft history as an argument against this trade.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

For years I've jokingly said that Mehta deserved a swift kick in the balls for his antics.  I put some of this on him because he willingly provided the vehicle that allowed one of the best players on the team to force his way out.
I'm not that mad that he's gone, especially since we cleaned up in that trade.
But Mehta - I'll seriously take the B misdemeanor now to square up on that **** face.  Combine 2021 - #myfootMehta'sballs 

He’s a terrible journalist and an even worse person.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

I know I’m late to this party but holy crap the Jets and Seahawks play week 14 

pretty sure it’s in Seattle 

wild game that will be lol

The pessimist in me wonders if this will be the game where Adams gets his first career interception against a starter, because... the Jets.

The optimist in me sees Darnold & Co. lighting up the Seahawks as we all laugh hysterically.

The realist in me figures that, as long as Wilson is healthy, the Jets aren't likely to take the win, but the greatest impact from Adams will be with his mouth and dancing around.

5 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

So are you suggesting that we are bringing back former GMs to make these picks? There’s a new sheriff in town. I’m not sure why people keep using our poor draft history as an argument against this trade.

Who's arguing against the trade?  95 percent of us are in favor.

• Upvote 1

What a job by the GM. I saw someone say, why didnt they just pay him? Here's why. This GM told you his goal was to create the best culture in sports and clearly he means it. This player fails that test. That JD got back what he did is incredible and this is another big step in the right direction. 

PETER KING

FOOTBALL MORNING IN AMERICA

July 27, 2020

From the Jets’ standpoint: I believe GM Joe Douglas would have hung onto Adams and forced him to come to camp, even after his rip-job of coach Adam Gase to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News on Friday. But two first-round picks made that point moot. I agree that the deal was too good to walk away from. But that doesn’t change the fact that the Jets are a lesser team today without Adams, in a division that is suddenly up for grabs. The Jets look like the last-place team in the AFC East for the fourth year in the last five. They’ve got to stop throwing away good players, and they’ve got to start building the type of culture and team that attracts good players instead of repelling them. On the bright side, New York is in the best reconstruction position of any NFL team in the next two drafts, the only team with four first-round picks in 2021 and ’22 combined. Joe Douglas was hired to rebuild this team, and now he’s got the best ammo of any team in football to do so.

I wouldn’t trade two ones for a safety,” one veteran GM told me Saturday night. “Particularly when you’ve got to pay the safety a lot of money. I like what the Jets did.” That was a common belief around the league after the Adams trade went down. But Seattle in this era will take the proven player over the maybe, and a motivated-to-stick-it-to-his-doubters Adams could be the best safety in football in 2020. The best safety in football is surely worth two picks in the twenties.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I want a horse WR for Sam, though. If they can get Juju for one of those ones, go do it tonight

I’m generally on the same page as you but not at all here. Juju has one year left on his deal so you have to franchise or pay him and he really struggled last year.

Quarterback play was a factor, but I think Brown being gone was too, and so was him being asked to play outside more instead of exclusively out of the slot. Need more from a guy who to justify giving up a one, particularly when you need to pay him. Get wanting to buy low but a one isn’t a buy low at all.

I think he’s more of a question mark than he gets credit for. And the slot thing kind of makes it a square peg round hole situation with Crowder. Maybe when it’s just money.

• Upvote 1

Jamal and his mouth are at it already,

“I love you guys already @Seahawks but damn y’all didn’t have to put the kid on a 7am flight… Damn lol,” Adams tweeted Sunday night, before quickly deleting the social media post.

17 - 20 Million Dollars for a (GREAT) safety would kill a Salary Cap, he is NOT worth that much I HATE the Cheatriots but Tom F'N Brady took less for the betterment of the T E A M !!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, derp said:

I’m generally on the same page as you but not at all here. Juju has one year left on his deal so you have to franchise or pay him and he really struggled last year.

Quarterback play was a factor, but I think Brown being gone was too, and so was him being asked to play outside more instead of exclusively out of the slot. Need more from a guy who to justify giving up a one, particularly when you need to pay him. Get wanting to buy low but a one isn’t a buy low at all.

I think he’s more of a question mark than he gets credit for. And the slot thing kind of makes it a square peg round hole situation with Crowder. Maybe when it’s just money.

I hear you, but I think the gettable guys right now (for a late first) are dudes like JuJu and maybe Gallup, and of the two, I think JuJu is a little safer.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I hear you, but I think the gettable guys right now (for a late first) are dudes like JuJu and maybe Gallup, and of the two, I think JuJu is a little safer.

I would think the Steelers and Cowboys would feel similarly about getting a first for Juju or a Gallup to how we felt about getting two for Adams. Don’t even think I’d give up a second. A third, maybe. Just think the value is way, way off. Those aren’t #1 receivers. Don’t see what the rush is. Just draft guys.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, derp said:

I would think the Steelers and Cowboys would feel similarly about getting a first for Juju or a Gallup to how we felt about getting two for Adams. Don’t even think I’d give up a second. A third, maybe. Just think the value is way, way off. Those aren’t #1 receivers. Don’t see what the rush is. Just draft guys.

Eh. I’m thinking about the immediate benefit for Sam and a fear of going into this season with Crowder and two coin-flips in Perriman and Mims.