Costello Report: Adams to Seattle for Two First Round Picks

Lith

44 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I guess Seattle is going all in.  They must think Adams is another Kam Chancellor 

They've definitely missed the Legion of Boom days.  And you're right.  They are all in trying to win with Russell Wilson these next two years.  Those 1st round picks may be late....but I doubt both of them will be 32nd.  If Seattle has one off year in the next two then I could see one of these picks being somewhere around 20....and take a look at the players drafted this year between say 20 and 25.  We could have used MANY of them.

Also, that NFC West is not an easy division.  49ers are defending NFC champions, Rams are still decent and well-coached, and I think Arizona is an improving team with Kyler Murray at QB.  It's conceivable that Seattle is a Wild Card team the next two years.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

jizz in my pants GIF

OMG! JD is a effing Poker Player!!! Huge return! Never in my wildest dreams did I think a team would be that stupid! But, other guys here said you only need 1 desperate team!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

They've definitely missed the Legion of Boom days.  And you're right.  They are all in trying to win with Russell Wilson these next two years.  Those 1st round picks may be late....but I doubt both of them will be 32nd.  If Seattle has one off year in the next two then I could see one of this picks being somewhere around 20....and take a look at the players drafted this year between say 20 and 25.  We could have used MANY of them.

Also, that NFC West is not an easy division.  49ers are defending NFC champions, Rams are still decent and well-coached, and I think Arizona is an improving team with Kyler Murray at QB.  It's conceivable that Seattle is a Wild Card team the next two years.

We just need an older Russell Wilson tweaked hammy to make this the best trade in Jets history! And JD is one patient MOFO! Building it right like all of you wanted with draft picks galore! 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, DLJ said:

Where in my post do you read upset? EAD.

The part where you're not posting about the massive unbelievable haul we got back, but seemingly sad-facing about the baller we lost.

Also the "EAD" part does seem to indicate a bit of anger.  Most happy people wouldn't respond to that question with an "EAD" reply.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The part where you're not posting about the haul we got back, but sadfacing about the baller we lost.
Also the "EAD" part does seem to indicate a bit of anger.  Most happy people wouldn't respond to that question with an "EAD" reply.

Who sad faced anything? Stop projecting
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

We just need an older Russell Wilson tweaked hammy to make this the best trade in Jets history! And JD is one patient MOFO! Building it right like all of you wanted with draft picks galore! 

Remember when you were done with the NFL a week ago?

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Pac said:

It gives JD a ton of flexibility the next couple years but unless these picks (or any subsequent trades) turn into players we gave up the best player at his position for lotto tickets.

Had to do it though..  Jamal went nuclear the last week.

Joe D believes in his own ability to identify and draft talent.

He also instantly upgraded the leadership and culture on this team and showed everyone who is in f**king charge.

Let's keep an eye on the Marcus Maye situation too.  I think Joe D still has leverage there but wouldn't be surprised if we re-sign Maye during the year.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Drums said:

My exact thoughts right now. I am excited to see what JD can do with those picks. 

Wow the possibilities are pretty extensive with how JD approaches his next 2 drafts after seeing his riverboat gambling style.  Trading back? acquiring more picks? , one thing I loved was JD fulfilling desperate needs with top available prospect instead of taking ‘top rated player‘ when we pick. But then he abandoned that and traded back in the 2nd round. So it’s evident JD is not your typical GM (see Macc) that can be easily figured out. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Who sad faced anything? Stop projecting

"Projecting"?  I'm happy as a clam mate.

So rather than "project", as you call it, let me ask you directly:  How happy are you with this trade?  Reasonable question.  

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm a 10.  Where are you?

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The part where you're not posting about the massive unbelievable haul we got back, but seemingly sad-facing about the baller we lost.

seriously, i was banned for a month for telling someone (don't remember who) to suck mine

• Haha 3

"Projecting"?  I'm happy as a clam mate.
So rather than "project", as you call it, let me ask you directly:  How happy are you with this trade?  Reasonable question.  
On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm a 10.  Where are you?

I don’t really care if they moved him or didn’t move him. This trade won’t mean sh*t until 3 years from now.

The jets history has shown we can’t draft for sh*t. And we have a clown head coach.
  • Thumb Down 3