Costello Report: Adams to Seattle for Two First Round Picks

Lith

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

OH ****. I was afraid that would be the case. Like a paranoid fear. I'm sorry, Shane. What size does she wear? (fck I couldn't resist) 

I really do apologize. 

It’s all good! I’d murder three siblings to get rid of Jamal Adams!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Jamal has two picks, both in garbage time. He's not worth what Seattle gave up.

JA’s INT total has zero to do with you making McD a ballhawk which he isn’t. He’s a solid starter and it was an excellent trade one of the best in Jets history. You don’t need to make up stuff to make it better. It’s already good. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Word up! The AD pick also shows you JD was planning this all along like an evil mad doctor. 

Can you imagine if we get a pass rush & Davis balls out & gets like 6 picks this year? 

• Upvote 1

Jamal is a nice player and would be nice to have him, but he wanted out.  Him bashing a coach was the last straw.  You should never pay a safety the most on your team... I thought we would get a bag of balls for Jamal.  Shocked and thrilled how much we got.  Plus we get relieved of salary cap the next couple of years, when the NFL salary cap is going down.  Joe Douglas had the foresight to draft Ashton Davis.  Sounds like we may have a good GM.

• Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

JA’s INT total has zero to do with you making McD a ballhawk which he isn’t. He’s a solid starter and it was an excellent trade one of the best in Jets history. You don’t need to make up stuff to make it better. It’s already good. 

What did I make up? He has 7 more picks than Jamal. That isn't false.

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

What did I make up? He has 7 more picks than Jamal. 

That’s 1.25 a year. The way you posted it was that he was an int machine. In seven years Adams will probably have about the same number barring injury. My point is McD isn’t great at getting ints so don’t make it out like he is. 

19 minutes ago, KRL said:

SEA has been an excellent organization but I don't understand
their thinking.  Is Adams the missing piece to put them over
SF, LA and the rest of the NFC?  And then to give up two #1's
and then having to pay Adams 16+ million?  Their problem now

Let's also remember just how many teams are ALL IN in the NFC this next year or two.  Final year or two for Drew Brees, Tom Brady just joined the Buccs and they are a Win Now team with Bruce Arians who likely won't coach more than another 3-4 years.  49ers are defending NFC Champs in a division that also includes the Rams (the previous NFC Champs).  And Dallas is absolutely ALL IN with Dak on a franchise tag.  Let's also not forget several other teams and recent Super Bowl entrants who are still good like Atlanta with Matt Ryan and the Eagles with Wentz.  It's definitely not a guarantee that Seattle's draft picks will be in the 28-32 range.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Bradley McDougald is a quality starting safety. Getting him in addition to three good picks is incredible. 

McDougal is a box safety as well so whatever plans they had to use Davis in a 3 safety lineup will still happen. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

That’s less then one a year. The way you posted it was that he was an int machine. In seven years Adams will probably have about the same number barring injury. My point is McD isn’t great at getting ints so don’t make it out like he is. 

But also, the reality is that in 3 seasons, Adams only has 2 picks and he was often late in coverage.  The Adams supporters don’t seem to remember all those plays where he was a step late and didn’t deflect a pass, let alone intercept.  Adams is an instinctive player near the LOS but loses effectiveness in larger spaces.  He’s not a ball hawk and probably will never be.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

But also, the reality is that in 3 seasons, Adams only has 2 picks and he was often late in coverage.  The Adams supporters don’t seem to remember all those plays where he was a step late and didn’t deflect a pass, let alone intercept.  Adams is an instinctive player near the LOS but loses effectiveness in larger spaces.  He’s not a ball hawk and probably will never be.

Again zero to do with Adams it’s a great trade and I’m happy but that still doesn’t make McD a ballhawk. He averages 1.25 ints a year. 

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Whether you liked him or not, this is incredible value. 

For a safety? Crazy value! I look at Ed Reed as the prototypical great safety & let me tell you something, Jamal Adams ain’t no Ed Reed! 

• Upvote 3

Just now, New York Mick said:

Again zero to do with Adams it’s a great trade and I’m happy but that still doesn’t make McD a ballhawk. He averages 1.25 ints a year. 

True.  I just can’t believe how much draft capital Seattle gave up for a box safety.  He’s not nearly as physically imposing as Kam, and often disappeared in games.  Entire games.