The Jamall-Pro appreciation thread

6 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Take this crap the f*** out of here! We don't do this here. Jamal acted ignant straight up! Bit the hand that fed him. Sorry he thought he was entitled. Obviously he was wrong. But don't bring up him being black on here because we don't do that s*** here. It's not welcome.

Reality tho...

I'm going to miss Jamal the player a lot. I think the Jets would have been better off keeping him. Is he a diva? You bet, but also one of our best players. That said, the comp is fair provided we make good picks.

The future is still all about Sam.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

Of course we downgraded......at Strong Safety.

As noted elsewhere, McWhatersface should provide almost everything Jamal did, EXCEPT for the TFL and Sacks.

That'll sting, sure, but we get Mosely back, and Q-Williams in year 2, we can hopefully fill that gap.

And then we also get two #1 picks and a #3.  If we need another Strong Safety, I'm pretty sure we can spend that #3 on one next year.  Plus we have the kid we drafted this last draft, who knows what he is yet,

The Jets were not one maybe HOF String Safety from contention.  These picks, if done right (the big question), should serve to bring us MUCH closer to contention that giving Adams 20+ million a year would have done.

Don't forget we got Williamson back as well. 

15 hours ago, GreekJet said:

The Jets lost their best player. Why rejoice?

Because the Jets got rid of their worst headache in the clubhouse and for the future salary cap.  Rejoice indeed.  It's a fking safety for petes sake.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dcat said:

Because the Jets got rid of their worst headache in the clubhouse and for the future salary cap.  Rejoice indeed.  It's a fking safety for petes sake.

He’s a defensive chess piece. Far more valuable than just a safety. The ultimate Swiss Army knife.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Reality tho...

Yes the reality is that he is black.  An African-American.  The slur is that you are implying this happened because of race.   After reading the veiled accusation in this thread, I don't see it.  You guys are reaching here.

I don't believe that race had anything to do with it.  You'll need to provide a hell of a lot more evidence on this one.  If you are correct, well than damn them all to Hell.  But I don't think you are even remotely close.  Adams was kicked off because he is a nuisance and despite his good play, he was creating more damage than any good he could possibly deliver on the field.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

He’s a defensive chess piece. Far more valuable than just a safety. The ultimate Swiss Army knife.

absolute nonsense.  Completely untrue and you've been duped.  Adams contributed very little to wins.  Plus his coverage was a deficiency, not an asset.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

absolute nonsense.  Completely untrue and you've been duped.  Adams contributed very little to wins.  Plus his coverage was a deficiency, not an asset.  

Not according to every metric. He’s a great player in coverage and against the run. His only downfall is his hands as he drops INTs

2 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Not according to every metric. He’s a great player in coverage and against the run. His only downfall is his hands as he drops INTs

very low on PD numbers as well for a starting safety.  He is not elite in any way when it comes to coverage.  In fact, he is inferior in coverage and the numbers after 3 years prove it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

there is no metric that shows him to be great in pass coverage.  Great against the run and when they use him in ways other than his position.  But for pass coverage....   Ashtyn Davis will be better and McDougald is already much better.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

We'll know if that is true or not by the end of this forthcoming season.

If we do, we now have 4x #1 picks the next two years to find one.  

@GreekJet I'm just curious what part of this post you took issue with enough to "thumbs down" it.

I'm honestly curious what part of my reply was objectionable to you, seriously.

19 hours ago, GreekJet said:

One of the most talented players ever to suit up on green and white. Fearless leader and netted the organization more draft picks than the great Revis. 

This is a sad day for this Jets fan as we lost a future hall of famer.

Leaders don’t conduct themselves like he did.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, DLJ said:

Again I said what I said, if you’re triggered that’s your problem.

Being a part of several Jets groups have opened my eyes on how you all really feel.

Enjoy the haul you got back for Jamal. And enjoy the more favorable rookie replacement.

I sure hope they are gritty and scrappy players...we sure could use us some of them. Like when we had that Jim Leonhard feller.

5 hours ago, Jethead said:

I'm going to miss Jamal the player a lot. I think the Jets would have been better off keeping him. Is he a diva? You bet, but also one of our best players. That said, the comp is fair provided we make good picks.

The future is still all about Sam.

He.  Didn't.  Want.  To.  Be.  Here.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GreekJet said:

Swiss Army Knives are useless.  Just give me a quality knife.  I.E. use that draft capital/cap space on someone who rushes the passer, someone who covers WR1s and/or someone who gets turnovers.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, GreekJet said:

One of the most talented players ever to suit up on green and white. Fearless leader and netted the organization more draft picks than the great Revis. 

This is a sad day for this Jets fan as we lost a future hall of famer.

Addition by subtraction.

Forget the draft pick compensation (which is immense).  The Jets went from a great SS to a good one but at the same time upgraded their culture and leadership.  Leaders don't act the way Jamal Adams acted.  You called him a fearless leader when in fact he was a gutless narcissist.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

@GreekJet I'm just curious what part of this post you took issue with enough to "thumbs down" it.

I'm honestly curious what part of my reply was objectionable to you, seriously.

I disagree that Sam Darnolds career will be defined by this season. I’ve heard many similar hot takes and I disagree wholeheartedly.

18 hours ago, GreekJet said:

I disagree that Sam Darnolds career will be defined by this season. I’ve heard many similar hot takes and I disagree wholeheartedly.

You disagree so much that this 3rd year is important to Darnold that it warranted a downvote, rather than a reply?  That's a bit excessive, donchathink?

Would you agree that year 3 is important to the Jets evaluation of Darnold and their view on the fifth year option?  A great year could mean they take up the option at year's end, a horrible year would mean they don't and wait till after 2021 to decide?

And do you agree that if Douglas (not us fans, the GM) has doubts or worries about Darnold, that his having four #1 picks the next two years would, in fact, give him a great ability to draft another QB if he wanted to?