We are a worse team today then we were yesterday

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Great post OP. 

if you’re a virtually talentless team you don’t get rid of your only good player.  

while I still have faith in JD, this was another miss for him   

You bash every move he has made ?.  Tough to take you serious at all 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol, you’re insufferable. 

Did you see the Jets as a contender this year? They took the long view here. Without Jamalcontent’s whining, it was the right move. When you toss in his trashing the owner, GM, HC, other players (the non-dawgs, I guess), this was a franchise improving move. The locker room is 100% better today than it was two days ago. 

The defense is not much worse. It’s probably not worse at all. It might even be better! The Jets trading a pass rushing safety and drafted a safety and a pass rusher in the third round this year. If Ashtyn Davis hits, he’s more valuable as a center fielder than Adams is as a 215lb Edge. 

Mosely and Williamson back. Desir. Davis and Zuniga. Huff? Plus Logan Ryan and Clowney are still out there, and the Jets just freed up a ****ton of cap space over the next five years. I’m really not worried about the defense. Adams benefitted from Gregg Williams’ schemes. GW will be fine without him, playing with his new toys. 

FidelioJet is the most miserable fan in here.  Either he should consider on new team or he is simply being this negative on purpose ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Mosely and Williamson back. Desir. Davis and Zuniga. Huff? Plus Logan Ryan and Clowney are still out there, and the Jets just freed up a ****ton of cap space over the next five years. I’m really not worried about the defense. Adams benefitted from Gregg Williams’ schemes. GW will be fine without him, playing with his new toys. 

You didn't even mention McD who by all accounts is at least a starting caliber safety.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, billo83 said:

You didn't even mention McD who by all accounts is at least a starting caliber safety.

I agree with the take that the Jets got two firsts and a third for Adams, and gave up a 2022 fourth for McDougald. I think Seattle wanted to dump his salary, and JD was happy to take him as someone who keeps quality depth at the safety position. I think it’s Ashtyn Davis that they’ll want to get on the field, though, as much as possible. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Great post OP. 

if you’re a virtually talentless team you don’t get rid of your only good player.  

?????????????

We got rid of a whiny little bitch and got two first round picks. In JD we trust!!!!

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, slats said:

I agree with the take that the Jets got two firsts and a third for Adams, and gave up a 2022 fourth for McDougald. I think Seattle wanted to dump his salary, and JD was happy to take him as someone who keeps quality depth at the safety position. I think it’s Ashtyn Davis that they’ll want to get on the field, though, as much as possible. 

Oh certainly, but you can't count on a rookie. It's nice to have someone that can start in place place of Adams from the get go. Plus I do believe Williams is going to have a lot of 3 safety sets.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol, you’re insufferable. 

Did you see the Jets as a contender this year? They took the long view here. Without Jamalcontent’s whining, it was the right move. When you toss in his trashing the owner, GM, HC, other players (the non-dawgs, I guess), this was a franchise improving move. The locker room is 100% better today than it was two days ago. 

The defense is not much worse. It’s probably not worse at all. It might even be better! The Jets trading a pass rushing safety and drafted a safety and a pass rusher in the third round this year. If Ashtyn Davis hits, he’s more valuable as a center fielder than Adams is as a 215lb Edge. 

Listen guys, we get it. You didn’t like jamals twitter feed or that he danced or whatever other Booomer trigger you had. You can celebrate getting two first rounders but what you can’t do is somehow make this fantasy land argument that the defense is “better” now due to this move. Many rational posters who disagree with me this is a bad move at least concede hands down we have downgraded the 2020 defense. Please stop trying to justify the move with insane arguments and stick with the coherent draft capital, money etc argument.

Dang...

• Thumb Down 2

15 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Jd wanted to play hardball so we sent a all pro generational talent at his prime packing. Our roster has been immediately downgraded.

These picks better turn out to be pro bowlers like Jamal or this was a bone head move. JD got fleeced 

Yeah I'd hate to have the extra money to spend on our actual contributers: Darnold, Wrs, Pass Rushers, LBs, RBs...

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Well we are happy you feel better with your ego but the quality of the talent of the roster has gone down 

Having 4 first round picks drags the talent of the roster down? Lol. 

Jamal and all his talents really won us alot of games during his tenure here?

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Listen guys, we get it. You didn’t like jamals twitter feed or that he danced or whatever other Booomer trigger you had. You can celebrate getting two first rounders but what you can’t do is somehow make this fantasy land argument that the defense is “better” now due to this move. Many rational posters who disagree with me this is a bad move at least concede hands down we have downgraded the 2020 defense. Please stop trying to justify the move with insane arguments and stick with the coherent draft capital, money etc argument.

Dang...

They’ve downgraded at the least important position on the defense. I’m extremely confident that Gregg Williams will scheme up a solid way around the loss of Jamal Adams, especially, as I said, with Mosely and Williamson back (Adams was covering for them last year in the box), and Davis and Desir in the secondary. This is gonna turn out to be a lot of tears for nothing for the Prez’s holdover fans. 

And yeah, a first and third next year, And another first in 2022? Holy fleecing, Batman! There’s no rational argument against that haul. 

Also, I don’t have Twitter. Couldn’t give a crap about it. I’ve also been a fan a long time, and supportive of some of the Jets most controversial players over that time (Riggins, Gastineau, Keyshawn, Revis), so I’m not your average triggered boomer. In this instance, you have a player who has way over-valued himself and shot his way out of town by trashing everyone in the organization. Sorry, but there’s just nothing likable about the guy, and I’m excited to see the Jets NOT paying him and getting a draft pick haul that I never envisioned. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Great post OP. 

Ever watched a whole Jet game play after play? Try that instead of Nfl Network and Andrew Siciliano.

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Adams is excellent and the better player when compared to McDougald,
there's no debating that.  Therefore the team "on paper" is worse
than before the trade.  But a couple of things have to be remembered:

- Adams numbers were generated because Gregg Williams shifted the 
focus of the defense to him once Mosley was lost.  The BUF game
showed that Mosley was going to be the centerpiece of the defense
and they dominated (TD, safety, 4 turnovers, 0 points allowed) until
he got hurt.  Then they collapsed and gave up 17 points in a quarter
(while Adams was on the field, by the way)

- McDougald is a durable, productive safety who seems to be good in
coverage based on his Passes Defensed numbers

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/16269/bradley-mcdougald

- With Adams now gone I expect Williams to deploy Maye into the Adams
"hybrid" role.  I believe McDougald will play FS and Davis will get
moved around as a "chess piece" as he learns.  Maye now has a terrific
opportunity to put up numbers and get an extension from the team

- Finally the defense will be put back into the hands of Mosley and 
his "DC gifts".  With a healthy Mosley, Quinnen Williams producing
at an Alabama level (he better) and more talent at the CB position
this defense can be better even without Adams

Here's the thing I keep thinking. Yes we have a worse safety unit than we had on Friday. However, with the additions of Davis and McDougald I think our safety unit overall  might be stronger than the 2019 group. Also, with Owunasor you can employ the same sort of blitzing patterns that Williams used Jamal for. So I think the defense is not downgraded this year and we got a ton of draft capital to use on premium positions the next 2 years              

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Dang...

Downgrade our 2020 unit from Friday. Yes. Idiotic not to think so. But downgraded form last year? I don't think so overall

16 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Jd wanted to play hardball so we sent a all pro generational talent at his prime packing. Our roster has been immediately downgraded.

These picks better turn out to be pro bowlers like Jamal or this was a bone head move. JD got fleeced 

Mosley, Williamson, & McDougald > Adams & Hewitt

Hahahaha what a dumb arse post

This is a 4 player for 1 deal. If we only get it half right we get 2 starters and at more impactful positions. This is the very definition of addition by subtraction.

If you had cancer of the d!ck you would cut it off no matter how much you loved it. Get over your manlove for that selfish, egomaniac.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Here's the thing I keep thinking. Yes we have a worse safety unit than we had on Friday. However, with the additions of Davis and McDougald I think our safety unit overall  might be stronger than the 2019 group. Also, with Owunasor you can employ the same sort of blitzing patterns that Williams used Jamal for. So I think the defense is not downgraded this year and we got a ton of draft capital to use on premium positions the next 2 years              

Very smart point about Onwuasor.  Because when he last played with
Mosley (2018) he picked up 5.5 sacks:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2576761/patrick-onwuasor

The chemistry Onwuasor has with Mosley gives him an edge in being 
a starter.  So Gregg Williams could deploy Onwuasor and Maye in
Adams "hybrid" role when it comes to blitzing   

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Hahahaha what a dumb arse post

This is a 4 player for 1 deal. If we only get it half right we get 2 starters and at more impactful positions. This is the very definition of addition by subtraction.

If you had cancer of the d!ck you would cut it off no matter how much you loved it. Get over your manlove for that selfish, egomaniac.

It’s funny the ones who are super loyal to Adams don’t understand that he showed zero loyalty to the Jets or the fans.  Also they overrate him so much.  Look we all agree he is very talented pro bowler but they act like he is a top 3 defensive player ?.  Honestly I was shocked got as much as we did.  I expected a 1st and a 3rd and would have been happy.  The fact we got an additional 1st and a good safety is ridiculous.  Seattle clearly is going all in these next two years.  Even their fans have admitted they paid a heavy heavy price 

• Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you suggesting that when you watch the Jets play you see a team loaded with talent?

Dude you have to have patience.  JD is trying to build through the draft. He had a great draft this year and has added even more draft capital for a malcontent who made our lives miserable.  Also you are way too hung up on the 1 year deals.  You seem to think we have to pay huge contracts all the time.  We used to do that and always regretted it.  We are doing a different approach now that will hopefully help long term 

• Upvote 1

It’s funny the ones who are super loyal to Adams don’t understand that he showed zero loyalty to the Jets or the fans.  Also they overrate him so much.  Look we all agree he is very talented pro bowler but they act like he is a top 3 defensive player .  Honestly I was shocked got as much as we did.  I expected a 1st and a 3rd and would have been happy.  The fact we got an additional 1st and a good safety is ridiculous.  Seattle clearly is going all in these next two years.  Even their fans have admitted they paid a heavy heavy price 

This is exactly my point. He is a fantastic SAFETY...he is not a LT, not a QB...not a center, not an OLB...a SAFETY...and we got 2 first round picks and a 3rd??? And got a starting safety while grooming a replacement AND we got rid of someone who didn't want to be here, was a cancer on the team, we don't have to overpay him, got rid of a distraction for the new administration. While we are building this ahole was trying to tear us down and these fools are STILL licking the cleats of a man that couldn't wait to get the F away from them.  

Mind blowing foolishness

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

Dude you have to have patience.  JD is trying to build through the draft. He had a great draft this year and has added even more draft capital for a malcontent who made our lives miserable.  Also you are way too hung up on the 1 year deals.  You seem to think we have to pay huge contracts all the time.  We used to do that and always regretted it.  We are doing a different approach now that will hopefully help long term 

The one year deals are all part of the building thru the draft strategy. Joe watched Ozzie collect comp picks year after year, and he’ll be looking to start adding them as soon as next offseason. 

I’d expect JD to offer extensions to players during the year he wants to retain, and let the players go who he doesn’t want to pay. Heading into the draft with five top 100 picks, the Jets can sit back a little in free agency next year. Sign one or two impact guys, but overall lose more guys than they sign and it’s a couple extra picks in 2022, too (to go along with their extra first that year!). 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

The one year deals are all part of the building thru the draft strategy. Joe watched Ozzie collect comp picks year after year, and he’ll be looking to start adding them as soon as next offseason. 

I’d expect JD to offer extensions to players during the year he wants to retain, and let the players go who he doesn’t want to pay. Heading into the draft with five top 100 picks, the Jets can sit back a little in free agency next year. Sign one or two impact guys, but overall lose more guys than they sign and it’s a couple extra picks in 2022, too (to go along with their extra first that year!). 

Absolutely.  Comp picks are very important.  Not only to provide more depth but to give us flexibility to move around and target certain players we like in the draft 

Listen guys, we get it. You didn’t like jamals twitter feed or that he danced or whatever other Booomer trigger you had. You can celebrate getting two first rounders but what you can’t do is somehow make this fantasy land argument that the defense is “better” now due to this move. Many rational posters who disagree with me this is a bad move at least concede hands down we have downgraded the 2020 defense. Please stop trying to justify the move with insane arguments and stick with the coherent draft capital, money etc argument. Dang...

You need to wake up...we downgraded one position. We upgraded the team. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jethead said:

saddest thing is that the trade proves that Jets brass doe not believe this team is capable of winning. Major vote of no confidence by mangement.

Quite the opposite, actually.  They just brought in a 29-year old veteran Safety who actually gets INTs.  We're in win-now mode, baby.

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

This is fact ... We are worse. Much worse on D now... People that disagree have no clue how impactful this dude was on the field.

My only hope is that Mosely has fully recovered and his groin doesn't get reinjured ... Which they usually do.

We went 16-32 with Jamal Adams.  We also beat the Dolphins last year without Adams, and lost with Adams in the lineup.  

So we'll go from an 8-8 team to a 7-9 team all in the name of saving $100M and having four 1st rounders in the next 2 seasons.  The horror.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We went 16-32 with Jamal Adams.  We also beat the Dolphins last year without Adams, and lost with Adams in the lineup.  

So we'll go from an 8-8 team to a 7-9 team all in the name of saving $100M and having four 1st rounders in the next 2 seasons.  The horror.

This. 

Also, as a corollary to this, what are we realistically expecting Adams to do to Seattle's W/L record? Seattle was 11-5 last year. How much better does Adams make them? Are they a 13 win team now? Are they clearly the best team in the NFC? 

The reality is, as good as Adams is, it's hard to say anything definitive about what a top strong safety even does for you, in comparison to an average/slightly above average one. 

• Upvote 2