We are a better franchise today than we were yesterday

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

While this trade is excellent, JD didn’t prove anything except getting a great haul.  He didn’t prove he didn’t get pushed around, in reality Jamal got what he wanted.

So your thinking is Seattle just offered up two 1's and a third along with a pretty decent player for Adams all on their own?

Yes, he proved it by holding firm.  By not just giving Adams away like those fans who wanted to drive him to Dallas for their 1 and 3.  

He held firm, held on to Adams until he got the deal he wanted, more than a late 1 and a 3

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I find it more amazing that anybody wanted to draft a safety at 6 over a QB when we desperately needed one. It was a stupid pick.

No shlt I was screaming for Watson

Most argued with me he wasn't a NFL QB

The Mahomes fans became fans after the fact. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, heymangold said:

While this trade is excellent, JD didn’t prove anything except getting a great haul.  He didn’t prove he didn’t get pushed around, in reality Jamal got what he wanted.

not until JD got what he wanted

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I wanted Watson too, but there was some here that wanted Mahomes, there was a thread about him.

There were a couple, maybe

Mentioning his name along with the other 10 players you think you would take isnt liking him.

The guy going into the draft was a day 2 pick who could throw the ball but most thought was the product of a system and a weak schedule.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sign Logan Ryan and let Gregg Williams scramble some brains with that DB group.

Damn straight 

And if Douglas can somehow pull off a trade for a guy like JuJu (especially without having to give up a 1st), then we’re in serious business.

Could go into next offseason with plenty of cash, potentially EDGE as our only real glaring need and two 1st rounders in our back pocket to put towards finally solving that puzzle after 15 years.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Damn straight 

And if Douglas can somehow pull off a trade for a guy like JuJu (especially without having to give up a 1st), then we’re in serious business.

Could go into next offseason with plenty of cash, potentially EDGE as our only real glaring need and two 1st rounders in our back pocket to put towards finally solving that puzzle after 15 years.

I’ve been drunk all afternoon. Is the JuJu thing real or is that based on the earlier rumor that the Steelers aren’t going to pay him next offseason?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So your thinking is Seattle just offered up two 1's and a third along with a pretty decent player for Adams all on their own?

Yes, he proved it by holding firm.  By not just giving Adams away like those fans who wanted to drive him to Dallas for their 1 and 3.  

He held firm, held on to Adams until he got the deal he wanted.

Jamaal will only get what he wants when he gets extended for 8 figures! That will not be happening anytime soon in Seattle. They gave away 3 high picks and a player. Seattle will want to get those 3 affordable years from him.

Good luck Jamaal? 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve been drunk all afternoon. Is the JuJu thing real or is that based on the earlier rumor that the Steelers aren’t going to pay him next offseason?

I don’t think there’s anything official about him being on the trade block but there were multiple reports by Pittsburgh beat guys that it’s highly unlikely the Steelers keep him after this season.

And with their long history of being probably the best in the business at developing WR talent, I can’t say I blame them.

Chase Claypool will probably be a legit stud down there by his 2nd season.

I’d throw a 2nd their way in a heartbeat. And if it really came down to it, I’d probably offer the Seattle 2021 1st rounder.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Haha yea let a pro bowler walk and you all like it because he had a Twitter....shows me so many jet fans are about their pride more then actually winning. How many of you are also on disability with the city for your “injury” ?

Fact remains we not only spent too many high draft choices on D and it is also a top 10 unit to where we have to swap some assets on that side for offense to get it up to at least like 20 to have a shot at playoffs. You can't go anywhere in the NFL with an O ranked 30th.

You can’t say you didn’t want Jamal from the start.  He’s a great player but he alienated all of us by the way he acted.

Sure we can.  Box Safeties are never worth taking in the top 10 of any draft.  The amount of talent passed on in that 2017 class only makes it worse.

Joe Douglas would have never made that pick.  Not a chance.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal wanted to be a Cowboy and now he’s playing in the Pacific Northwest for a team where literally every highlight is of Russell Wilson. Dude is going to melt down.

And let's not forget the last Seahawk Safety to not get what he wanted in a contract.  

1043863410.jpg.jpg

And Thomas is by and large a decent guy. 

Adams is going to flip his sh*t when he realizes how little cap space they have available while their QB is among the top 3 in salary.

• Upvote 1

I am extremely excited to watch that team who went into Baltimore and battled like motherf**kers against one of the best teams in the league until the final bell, except with five new OL and a bunch of DBs who aren’t actively trying to duck Lamar Jackson.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I am extremely excited to watch that team who went into Baltimore and battled like motherf**kers against one of the best teams in the league until the final bell, except with five new OL and a bunch of DBs who aren’t actively trying to duck Lamar Jackson.

Well damn, you  tuck that one deep in your shorts. Enjoy your day Tom! 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

+ CJ Mosley and Avery Williamson.  AKA the best and most impactful player on the team in 2019 and Team MVP in 2018.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And let's not forget the last Seahawk Safety to not get what he wanted in a contract.  

1043863410.jpg.jpg

And Thomas is by and large a decent guy. 

Adams is going to flip his sh*t when he realizes how little cap space they have available while their QB is among the top 3 in salary.

Exactly. JD's parting shot to Jamal. Welcome to Siberia. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t think there’s anything official about him being on the trade block but there were multiple reports by Pittsburgh beat guys that it’s highly unlikely the Steelers keep him after this season.

And with their long history of being probably the best in the business at developing WR talent, I can’t say I blame them.

Chase Claypool will probably be a legit stud down there by his 2nd season.

I’d throw a 2nd their way in a heartbeat. And if it really came down to it, I’d probably offer the Seattle 2021 1st rounder.

Makes too much sense to make a move for a guy like JuJu

• Upvote 1