Coverage snaps per interception for Jamal and McDougald

AFJF

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Never said Adams isn't a better player.  Only that McDougald can do about 80 % of what Adams does at a fraction of the cost.  Much like a lot of guys we could replace him with.  Like current free agent Eric Reid.  Had we not gotten McDougald in the deal we could have just signed Reid.

I don't have to do anything to make myself feel better.  I feel great.  

I’m still waiting for a complete 2018/19 stats of the two. 

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’m still waiting for a complete 2018/19 stats of the two. 

You do realize you can easily look this up yourself?  lol.  FFS.

I don't see how its relevant given that it was a completely different system for Jamal.  But here you go!

Jamal Adams (2018-19 averages):

• 73.5 Solo Tackles
  • 1.0 INTs
  • 8.5 PDs
  • 5.0 Sacks
  • 2.5 FFs
  • 1.0 FRs

Bradley McDougald, 2018-19 averages:

• 59.0 Solo Tackles
  • 2.5 INTs
  • 7.5 PDs
  • 0.25 Sacks
  • 2.0 FFs
  • 1.0 FRs

So what exactly are you trying to prove?

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't see how its relevant given that it was a completely different system for Jamal.  But here you go!

• 73.5 Solo Tackles
  • 1.0 INTs
  • 8.5 PDs
  • 5.0 Sacks
  • 2.5 FFs
  • 1.0 FRs

• 59.0 Solo Tackles
  • 2.5 INTs
  • 7.5 PDs
  • 0.25 Sacks
  • 2.0 FFs
  • 1.0 FRs

You forgot TFL, TDs and QB pressures 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You forgot TDs and QB pressures 

No, I didn't. 

As I mentioned earlier, Jamal Adams was sent on a blitz 90 times last season, 10th most of any defensive player in the league.  McDougald was sent on a TOTAL of 34 blitzes the last 2 seasons.

Do your own analysis if you'd like.  I've made my point.  We got two firsts, a 3rd, and a Safety who can do 80 % of what Adams does.  The latter is just icing on the cake here.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, I didn't. 

As I mentioned earlier, Jamal Adams was sent on a blitz 90 times last season, 10th most of any defensive player in the league.  McDougald was sent on a TOTAL of 34 blitzes the last 2 seasons.

Do your own analysis if you'd like.  I've made my point.  We got two firsts, a 3rd, and a Safety who can do 80 % of what Adams does.  The latter is just icing on the cake here.

That because when you add TDs, TFL and QB pressures you see how much more valuable Adams is then McD. 

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jamal Adams, 2019 stats (his best season):

• 61 Solo Tackles
  • 1 INT
  • 7 Pass Deflections
  • 6.5 Sacks
  • 2 Forced Fumbles
  • 1 Fumble Recovery

• 59.0 Solo Tackles
  • 2.5 INTs
  • 7.5 Pass Deflections
  • 0.25 Sacks
  • 2.0 Forced Fumbles
  • 1.0 Fumble Recoveries

Just checked McDougald's pass rush productivity from PFF among safeties with at least 15 pass rushes.  He ranks 12th in the NFL among all safeties but getting after the QB is something he was rarely asked to do.  So while he's clearly nowhere near Jamal in terms of disrupting the passer, he's still one of the better safeties in the league in doing so.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Reading this thread makes me think Jets basically got a real safety, two 1st and a 3rd where as Seahawks got a 4th and a midget linebacker. 

Seahawks got a potential HOF safety.

Jets got a good safety, 3 premium draft picks, around $15+ million in cap space and cleaned up the locker room.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Reading this thread makes me think Jets basically got a real safety, two 1st and a 3rd where as Seahawks got a 4th and a midget linebacker. 

Reading this thread makes me realise Jamal got us more picks by being traded than he got us on the field. :D 

• Upvote 1

End of the day Seattle is getting an excellent defensive player that will likely thrive in their system. They put a lot of importance on safety play in seattle needing a very strong FS to play deep middle in their cover 3 and a physical SS to play in coverage and near the LOS which is what Jamal excels at, so It is easy to see given the style of defense they play and the type of player Jamal is that they valued him as highly as they did and why I believe he will thrive there.  

Now Jets did incredible with this deal, you dont see many if any defensive players traded for this haul.  This is the deal you trade a player for 100 out of 100 times, unless that player is a franchise QB. So absolute no brainer for the Jets for where they are in their organizational development.  

Jamal had become a malcontent so it cleans up the locker room bs before camp

They save the 15+ mil per year that they would have to pay him and can divide that up between multiple positions 

They have the ability to add 2 more 1st round talents over the next 2 years than they would have and can accelerate this rebuild exponentially now. 

PLUS they are adding a competent starting player in return. Mcdougald doesnt offer you the flexibility defensively that jamal does, but he is a very solid safety who is a plus cover player. 

This deal most of all gives the jets flexibility over the next 3 seasons in a few ways.  1) the most obvious, with Covid most likely effecting the cap situation, it provides the jets flexibility under their cap to still operate and rebuild without being strapped from a large Jamal contract. 2) The Flexibility to use first round picks free of offensive or defensive needs and take a more BPA approach.  and 3) the ability to target star players in trades or in the draft you feel strongly about and maneuver to acquire them. This means whether its now looking into trading for a young player like Yannik N. or perhaps even trading up in the draft for a player you feel strongly about, they have that ability because of all their extra draft ammo.  

Also sneaky for you Darnold detractors on this board (I am not one of them, I believe the kid can develop into the real deal)... But if you think after this year Darnold isnt the answer, welll you have the ammo to make a run possibly at Lawrence if you really want him. 

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Just checked McDougald's pass rush productivity from PFF among safeties with at least 15 pass rushes.  He ranks 12th in the NFL among all safeties but getting after the QB is something he was rarely asked to do.  So while he's clearly nowhere near Jamal in terms of disrupting the passer, he's still one of the better safeties in the league in doing so.

Oh yeah? Riddle me this professor: on plays where Adams intercepted a pass, did McDougald also record an interception on those plays? Because on those plays Adams has a 100% INT percentage and McDougald has a zero...think about it

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Adams benefited from Greg Williams schemes and so will McD.

Adams benefitted from:

1.  Jumping on the pile late and then celebrating like he had something to do with the play.

2.  Playing an absurd amount of rookie quarterbacks last year where 70% of his sacks and all of his touchdowns came from.

3.  Dancing and making the most noise, thus making people believe he was actually making game changing plays. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• 73.5 Solo Tackles
  • 1.0 INTs
  • 8.5 PDs
  • 5.0 Sacks
  • 2.5 FFs
  • 1.0 FRs

• 59.0 Solo Tackles
  • 2.5 INTs
  • 7.5 PDs
  • 0.25 Sacks
  • 2.0 FFs
  • 1.0 FRs

These stats make the trade look even better (for the Jets).

• Upvote 1