Joe Douglas Trade Record

He's already proven he's better than at minimum 2 other GMs in the league with these trade wins.  Many others wouldn't have been able to pull off the Leo/Adams deals, but for now I'll settle for 2.  Macc was the worst GM in NFL history, after all.

We're done being a joke in this league as long as Douglas is here.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's already proven he's better than at minimum 2 other GMs in the league with these trade wins.  Many others wouldn't have been able to pull off the Leo/Adams deals, but for now I'll settle for 2.  Macc was the worst GM in NFL history, after all.

We're done being a joke in this league as long as Douglas is here.

Macc got a 2nd and a starting WR for Sheldon effin Richardson when he only had 8 months left on his rookie deal. 

He also gave a bag of peanuts for Brandon Marshall who had the best season for a WR the Jets have ever seen.

Just because YOU think Jamal wasn't worth 2 1sts doesn't mean smart people didn't.  I've been trying to tell you this would be the expected haul for months.

Honestly, I can think of only one move Joe D made that I didn't agree with.

Trading down in the 2nd round when Mims was on the board.  That was idiotic.  We got an extra pick (from SEA) but then we had to settle for...

hmm...

wait a minute.  I know I have it here somewhere...

51 minutes ago, Pac said:

Macc got a 2nd and a starting WR for Sheldon effin Richardson when he only had 8 months left on his rookie deal. 

He also gave a bag of peanuts for Brandon Marshall who had the best season for a WR the Jets have ever seen.

Just because YOU think Jamal wasn't worth 2 1sts doesn't mean smart people didn't.  I've been trying to tell you this would be the expected haul for months.

I've applauded Mac for the Sheldon trade, and the Marshall trade. Both were good trades at the time, and in retrospect. Those were the two times that the broken clock showed the correct time. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pac said:

That's a pretty piss poor legacy for Maccagnan.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Pac said:

You also said for literally a year the Jets would be re-signing Adams and we'd all be whining about it.

You also said Mike Maccagnan wasn't getting fired.  Your boy would have handed Adams $100M+ by now.  

I was wrong about what we'd end up getting back in an Adams trade when we finally traded him.  I'm very glad to be wrong about that.  You were wrong about literally everything else.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You also said for literally a year the Jets would be re-signing Adams and we'd all be whining about it.

You also said Mike Maccagnan wasn't getting fired.  Your boy would have handed Adams $100M+ by now.  

I was wrong about what we'd end up getting back in an Adams trade when we finally traded him.  I'm very glad to be wrong about that.  You were wrong about literally everything else.

Oh cool this is the part when you make stuff up and try to pawn it off as facts.

16 hours ago, Pac said:

Interesting. More than any other year, maybe in league history, ironically, he wasn’t worth two more than this year. Seattle not only has to resign Jamal at record setting position pricing in a year with a deflated cap, but Douglas can now price a rookie deal based on a deflated cap. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I’m having a real homer epiphany

i supported Mac too long

supported Jamal too long (was done about a month ago)

I still feel like Sanchez could be good (like right now)

I still like Rex

Stockholm syndrome

Hey look on the bright side. Sanchez was an Eagle during the Douglas years. So you kind of have that going for you. 

16 hours ago, Pac said:

Ffs give it a rest you Mac obsessed donkey, by now even mac's children have conceded he was a terrible gm

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Oh cool this is the part when you make stuff up and try to pawn it off as facts.

On 1/3/2020 at 6:30 PM, Pac said:

not reading this 6 pages of recycled filth but I'm sure there are people who swear Adams value is a 1st and 3rd MAX.

meanwhile Joe D said it was a first and two 2's before he went out and played like a man possessed the next month.

and you wonder why I can't wait until the extension thread.  the tears will rain down like a warm bath on a cold February night. 

it's going to be legit awesome.

On 12/23/2019 at 1:22 PM, Sammybighead said:

Why do people desperately want to trade our best defensive player?

On 12/23/2019 at 1:41 PM, Pac said:

Thankfully it's only a small faction of weirdos, freaks, and geeks. 

Think of these threads as you holding the laser pointer and darting it back and forth while @T0mShane chases it.

And Joe Douglas, apparently.